Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
LuckyStrike

Kingdom Hearts 3 won't be released in South Korea

Hey,

I checked the PlayStation Korea, Xbox Korea, and PlayStation Store Korea websites, that KH3 is not appearing these regional websites.

That means KH3 won't be officially released in South Korea.

It wouldn't surprise me. :/  Wasn't "Project Diva: X" and "Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony" banned in South Korea? Those were for sexual and violent themes, though, so I can't imagine why KH3 would be banned. It seems like South Korea is even stricter than Australia. I feel bad for them. Weirdly enough, we didn't get "Project Diva: X" , but got "Danganronpa V3" (Though, only a few shops seemed to have physical copies), even though "Project Diva: X" is tamer. Censorship is weird. 

Could it be because of the Pirates world? The final parts of the game? Is it because of the end of tangled that is included in the world? Is it all three and more? I guess can see them thinking it's "too dark" for kids? That still doesn't justify banning it, though :(

Edited by Kittenz
Typo

Since the release of those games political tensions have increased between the two. Not saying that’s the full reason but there is still a lot of bad blood between the two nations that they’re working through.

Edit: there could also just be flat out cultural things that made them decide not to release it there. It could be any number of things