Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Espio

So I got this email in my mailbox... :D

This is interesting. I wonder if they’ll do that for other regions, even if it’s highly unlikely. But is Square is sending out the notices themselves it might be a possibility :O congrats on the earlier release date there though!!! :D

3 minutes ago, Karxrida said:

Really hoping we actually get the release date pushed up. Getting the game sooner is better than later.

especially on a Saturday, at least for me. I'll be able to play the game as much as I want without any restrictions if the date where to change in the US. 

3 minutes ago, Zeldablade7 said:

especially on a Saturday, at least for me. I'll be able to play the game as much as I want without any restrictions if the date where to change in the US. 

I already have plans for Saturday I can't cancel (RIP), but a release date change would still give 3 straight days to play and complete the game since I took Tuesday off from work and don't work Mondays.

7 minutes ago, Movies798 said:

The game is pretty much finished. So it makes sense they want to release it early. Also congrats man!

I honestly don't know why they didn't just move up the release date when they released the Together trailer and announced the game had gone gold. 

My guess is this is going to be a Worldwide thing considering the retailers in the Netherlands said that they got word from the publishers (Square Enix, themselves) to move up the release date and it wouldn't make sense for them to only do that in one particular region. I'm just wondering what they're going to do about the scheduled launch events.

Edited by PrinceNoctis

19 minutes ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

I was planning on breaking open the local store anyway, you were not?

I can neither confirm, deny nor endorse this course of action. ?

At the end of the day though, while it may not change Stateside I’m happy for all those that are getting their release dates moved up :) hoping to hear more are getting moved up soon, in any region!

9 minutes ago, PrinceNoctis said:

I honestly don't know why they didn't just move up the release date when they released the Together trailer and announced the game had gone gold. 

My guess is this is going to be a Worldwide thing considering the retailers in the Netherlands said that they got word from the publishers (Square Enix, themselves) to move up the release date and it wouldn't make sense for them to only do that in one particular region. I'm just wondering what they're going to do about the scheduled launch events.

I agree. They might as well release it early for the rest of the world if they are doing it in parts of Europe and also, SE might have to change the date for the day one patch too. 

6 minutes ago, Zeldablade7 said:

I agree. They might as well release it early for the rest of the world if they are doing it in parts of Europe and also, SE might have to change the date for the day one patch too. 

I think that might be the cause of delay in announcements. They have to make sure everything for day one gets authorized for the new release date. It’s a global effort and some regions are larger than others, especially in terms of numbers of pre-orders. JP already got its copies so there’s one less region to worry about, but the rest of the world that’s covered is still massive.

16 minutes ago, LunaCatte said:

I think that might be the cause of delay in announcements. They have to make sure everything for day one gets authorized for the new release date. It’s a global effort and some regions are larger than others, especially in terms of numbers of pre-orders. JP already got its copies so there’s one less region to worry about, but the rest of the world that’s covered is still massive.

I'm unfamiliar with how all of this works. What authorizations do they need ? Shouldn't all retailers have their game copies in the back store by now? Shouldn't be a problem to put them on the shelves.

11 minutes ago, PrinceNoctis said:

I'm unfamiliar with how all of this works. What authorizations do they need ? Shouldn't all retailers have their game copies in the back store by now? Shouldn't be a problem to put them on the shelves.

Yes, but many retailers need to get authorizations from their parent companies or internal heads to sell. So things like EBGames and GameStop can’t just sell anything just because they get an email. They have to make sure all their ducks are in a row so to say. Sony and Microsoft have their own authorization channels they have to utilize to enable digital downloads to begin. Basically just because one part of an organization gets the go ahead from a publisher, doesn’t mean that they’re able to tell everyone in control of distribution to go ahead and allow sales early. It has to go through specific channels, which can take a few hours to even a couple of days from the initial request.

Edit: Game for those in the UK and other regions that might have it in my examples of retail stores, sorry I don’t know many other regional game shops.

Also they have to deal with their computer systems themselves, and there’s also the marketing concerns and events that have to be considered which might cause people to take issue with moving back the release dates. It’s actually a massive logistical situation even if they have the inventory already

6 minutes ago, LunaCatte said:

Yes, but many retailers need to get authorizations from their parent companies or internal heads to sell. So things like EBGames and GameStop can’t just sell anything just because they get an email. They have to make sure all their ducks are in a row so to say. Sony and Microsoft have their own authorization channels they have to utilize to enable digital downloads to begin. Basically just because one part of an organization gets the go ahead from a publisher, doesn’t mean that they’re able to tell everyone in control of distribution to go ahead and allow sales early. It has to go through specific channels, which can take a few hours to even a couple of days from the initial request.

Ah I see! Thank you for taking the time to explain.

No problem! I used to work closely with people in retail (they would literally call my personal phone) to ask about these kinds of situations, or to ask about games and stuff that customers wanted to know about! I was the go-to for Nintendo and Sony products for them. Especially in concerns to preorder and release information even though I didn’t work for the company. I just knew who to talk to to get more info :3 but that was years back