Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

With Kingdom Hearts III and Update 1.01 now pre-downloading on consoles, here’s how the release is going around the world

With only two days to go until the international release of Kingdom Hearts III (or one, depending on your timezone), fans who have pre-ordered the digital version are now pre-downloading it on consoles! The Update 1.01, comprising several data fixes and the Memory Archive for the series recap videos, is also available to download on PlayStation 4 ahead of schedule.

Many fans around the world were able to receive their pre-ordered physical copies of Kingdom Hearts III ahead of its international release on January 29 due to early shipping. Many also reported that they have bought the game from various retailers. Reportedly, many European stores have also started soft launches of the game, some even bumping up the release date on their listings to January 26. Multiple stores in the UK will be selling the game starting Monday, January 28. Older reports state that the game had broken street date even in some countries in the Middle East such as the UAE.

With many fans already owning the localized versions of the game, they will now able to download Update 1.01 and enjoy the game with the intended updates before their scheduled release.

Amongst the physical copy pre-orders of the game is the Limited Edition Kingdom Hearts III PlayStation 4 Pro Bundle; some fans have already received theirs in the mail, whilst others are still waiting for their delivery. Unfortunately for American fans, GameStop US - who were selling the PS4 bundle exclusively in the country - have cancelled multiple orders due to overselling the product. You can read their statement below.

If you have pre-ordered the bundle from GameStop US, make sure to contact their customer service to check up on the status of your order.

Some branches of GameStop US will be holding a 9 PM (local time) release for the game. The main EBGames branch in Melbourne, Australia, will be holding a midnight launch, as will GAME UK (Stratford, London branch). Gamers Hideout branches in Malaysia will also hold a midnight release, during which they will host activities such as cosplay photo session & giveaway and photo op with Kingdom Hearts props. Don't forget to inquire at your local retailer about midnight launches if you're interested!

Furthermore, Game Realms in Burbank, California, will be holding a post-launch party on February 2nd! Special guests include Quinton Flynn and Bill Farmer, the voice actors of Axel and Goofy. You can read their rules and policies for the event here.

DtMgZTmV4AAyWoR.jpg

Follow our master coverage of Kingdom Hearts III pre- and post launch here! Stay up-to-date with the latest news on our Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and Discord!

Recent news:
Memory Archive recap videos have been uploaded to Kingdom Hearts Youtube channel
Our Kingdom Hearts VR Experience Review
Content creators release Kingdom Hearts series retrospectives looking back on the long wait for Kingdom Hearts III and recapping the series' story

View full article

The whole Gamestop fiasco is such nonsense! One of those affected, an artist who goes by Destiny-Islanders, said that the $25 coupon is online-only and only works if you spend $25 first. Like, that's technically worse than a gift card! They really need to change this and make it right for those affected.

35 minutes ago, hawk222 said:

The whole Gamestop fiasco is such nonsense! One of those affected, an artist who goes by Destiny-Islanders, said that the $25 coupon is online-only and only works if you spend $25 first. Like, that's technically worse than a gift card! They really need to change this and make it right for those affected.

Unfortunately, unless they get more PS4's, they probably can't do anything. The card sounds lame, but you can't blame the retail staff for that.

I'm sad to say, that there are probably some scalpers out there who have eaten a bunch up, in order to take advantage of fans by reselling them on ebay, etc for a higher price

Where did those people pre-order their copies from that theirs got delivered early?  I've been tracking my copy, and it's been sitting in the town next to me since Friday.  It looks like they have no intention of giving it to me early, which is torture!  It's so close and yet so far!  So, I'm planning a heist to steal what's rightfully mine but is being withheld from me.  Any help would be appreciated.

Disclaimer: I am not actually planning a heist and have no intention of stealing anything.  This is all just a joke to help ease the pain since I have to wait two more days to play this game that I've been waiting so long for.