Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Aquaberry

[UPDATED] Kingdom Hearts III releases worldwide along with Update 1.02; Launch Day! and Launch Commercial videos released

The wait is finally over! Kingdom Hearts III is officially available for fans worldwide to play both digitally and physically!

1.thumb.jpg.ca52d21ebf0e4c7e7732b3a9198784e3.jpg

Director Tetsuya Nomura has stated:

I am thrilled that KINGDOM HEARTS III is now officially out. There are many mysteries in the story, so players will want to take their time so that they don’t miss anything. The adventure lies within the journey, and not just the destination. This story marks one of the greatest experiences Sora will have with his friends, so I hope that the players enjoy it. To all of our fans around the world, thank you for eagerly awaiting this day.

An English version of the animated Launch Day promo video was also uploaded on YouTube. You can view it below.

Remember to install the patches for Update 1.01 inclusive of the Memory Archive, as well as claim any DLC Keyblades you're owed! You can also download Update 1.02, inclusive of the Epilogue video which you can unlock once you finish the game. From January 31 at 7:00 PM JST, you can download the subsequent update and start to unlock the Secret Ending.

Update [Jan 29, 2019]: A Launch Commercial (the English-dubbed version of the 30-second Japanese commercial from December) has also been released! Watch it below.

Are you securing your copy today, or do you have it already? Will you binge through the experience or are you going to play through it slowly and savor the moment? (Some of us may be stuck on the menu screen crying to Dearly Beloved for a while...)

Let us know your play styles and completion plans in the comment below!

Stay tuned for more info and the international release! Follow our coverage of Kingdom Hearts III here and on social media!

Twitter <3 Facebook <3 Tumblr <3 Discord

KH13.com's spoiler policy on Kingdom Hearts III is in effect until March 31, 2019.

Our news coverage will include reports on officially released information (press releases, interviews, etc.); after Kingdom Hearts III's global release, we will report on basic game content such as the opening cinematics, artbook, trophy list, etc. while being mindful of spoilers on our website (via spoiler boxes/warnings) and on social media.

As a member of the KH13.com forums, your avatars, cover photos, statuses, and thread titles must not contain spoilers. You are allowed to discuss spoilers in the Kingdom Hearts III forum as long as you use spoiler boxes (by clicking on the 'eye' button on the editor). For more guidelines, including a guide to using spoiler tags, read our spoiler policy here.

KH13.com’s Discord has its own rules and appropriate channels to avoid/discuss spoilers. Read the rules on the #announcements channel for more information!

We would lastly like to say to fans avoiding spoilers to be extra careful on social media, especially comment sections. Thumbnails, titles, autoplay, recommended videos, and comments on Youtube can be especially dangerous and full of spoilers.

View full article

I'm stuck at work, and then I have another three hours after that before I can get my copy. 7 hours! GAAAAAAAAH! But at least I'm halfway through my shift now. I can do this!

50 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I'm stuck at work, and then I have another three hours after that before I can get my copy. 7 hours! GAAAAAAAAH! But at least I'm halfway through my shift now. I can do this!

Yes because we all have to work now. it's not just running to the shop after school.

3 minutes ago, cyntix said:

Yes because we all have to work now. it's not just running to the shop after school.

Ahhhh, the pros and cons of adulthood. Pro: I can play KH3 as long as I want without my mom chiding me about it. Con: I still have to work in order to pay rent and buy groceries and whatnot.

54 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I feel ya buddy! I am at work as well and the store opens at 11:00 (currently 9:00 am here), I'll run to get my copy but I have to wait until night (about 12 hours) to start playing... But I'll have it anyway and I asked for the day tomorrrow so... I'll have a lot of chances :D

3 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Ahhhh, the pros and cons of adulthood. Pro: I can play KH3 as long as I want without my mom chiding me about it. Con: I still have to work in order to pay rent and buy groceries and whatnot.

Pro: I took the next week off and no one can tell me to go outside to see this giant white orb called the sun.

1 hour ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

I feel ya buddy! I am at work as well and the store opens at 11:00 (currently 9:00 am here), I'll run to get my copy but I have to wait until night (about 12 hours) to start playing... But I'll have it anyway and I asked for the day tomorrrow so... I'll have a lot of chances :D

I'm nearly there. Just another hour and 45 mins till my shift ends. However my game was actually my Christmas gift from my bf so I can't get it without him and he doesn't finish till 6. But right after work I'm buying a Nintendo switch with let's go eevee. That'll keep me occupied till 6. But once kh3 is in my hands then my attention will be on that and that alone.

The time is now.

All these years of dedication for the game's development, sharing concepts & theories, bonding with other like minded people and learning so much about yourself, on this unforgettable journey.

Feels great to embrace the inner kid at heart on this welcomed day.

( Activates Dearly Beloved menu for Kingdom Hearts 3 )

2 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I'm nearly there. Just another hour and 45 mins till my shift ends. However my game was actually my Christmas gift from my bf so I can't get it without him and he doesn't finish till 6. But right after work I'm buying a Nintendo switch with let's go eevee. That'll keep me occupied till 6. But once kh3 is in my hands then my attention will be on that and that alone.

I have my copy in my haaands!!!!!!! And I can't play it yeeeet!!!! *Bittersweet tears*

4 minutes ago, Espio said:

I have finished the story today and WOW what a amazing game!

But I am also sad its already over :(

Can't wait for KH4 xD

Did you enjoy the game with the Chaotix? :P

Also yeah hopefully we won't have to wait another 13 years for KH4 lol.

3 hours ago, Tails said:

Did you enjoy the game with the Chaotix? :P

Also yeah hopefully we won't have to wait another 13 years for KH4 lol.

We enjoyed it alot!

It was a amazing experience :D