Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
DChiuch

Kingdom Hearts III sold over 600,000 physical copies in the first three days in Japan

The sales information for the week of January 21 – January 27, 2019 are in for Japan, and Kingdom Hearts III has performed very well. In the first three days that the game was available, Kingdom Hearts III has sold over 600,000 copies in Japan (610,077 copies according to 4gamer). Note that these numbers include both the standard and deluxe editions of the game, but only include physical copies sold, not digital copies.

Resident Evil 2 was second place for the week, with ~253,000 copies sold.

View full article

This is a really great debut for KIngdom Hearts 3. Pretty much everyone and their mother was anticipating this game for a long time so I'm not surprised that it sold so well over in Japan. I am, however, surprised to see that Resident Evil 2 didn't even at least come close to KH3's debut numbers considering that the Resident Evil/Biohazard series is pretty popular there. Even Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7 sold even less than RE2 remake on its debut when it came out over there. It could be due to the fact that the Resident Evil / Biohazard series is starting to drift more towards the western audience than with the Japanese one if you look at RE7 and RE2 remake. They feel like games more made for the West than for Japanese people.

Edited by Tails

6 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

How many copies have there been for digital copies?  When can we expect news of how many KH3 copies both digitally and physical that have been sold worldwide outside of Japan?

As do I. My guess is they're enough to push it above 1M in total sales for Japan for those days.