Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TriggeredAfterEnding

This is the worst Kingdom Hearts game ever made. Even worse than Coded.

2 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:

I'm only about halfway through the game (but I do know some of the spoilers) so I don't know what my last thoughts are gonna be, but I think saying it's the worst KH game ever is quite a bit harsh. Like I know it's all opinion but dang. I have a lot of issues with it, as well as a lot of things I love about it, but I do have to say that overall it's better than the handheld games, like all of them. Even though I don't think it will replace KH2 for me (but that might be due to nostalgia I don't know). Like if you don't end up liking it, that's fine cause everyone has their opinions and I definately have grips with KH3 myself, but it's important to take a breather first and analyze. 

I mean it seems limited in regards to world exploration than KH2 did.

Not to add fuel to this fire, but isn't the gist of KH to be about Disney?

Not an ad, exactly, but one of the main draws was always Disney worlds, characters, and events, or looking at film plots in different ways.

I also 100% disagree on the worlds looking like empty stages, because the amount of NPC's in Twilight Town and Olympus were staggering, and the lack of them in other places made sense, as it was the middle of woods, or way out of the norm places no one would be, anyway. 

Also, the lack of Final Fantasy people is understandable here, as most of them have had their stories conclude, and adding new one's like Lightning or Noctis would be jarring, and take away from the story. In that vein, how many times can we rehash Cloud/Seph, anyway? 

I wouldn't go this far. If I had to rank Kingdom Hearts 3 against all other games I would rank it second only to KH2. Not fm, vanilla KH2.

Yes, KH3 does have its glaring issues, which are glaring for me because square have proven in previous games that they are capable of getting these right, so it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they couldn't get it right in this instalment.

Spoiler

I have two that are so similar they may as well be the same thing.

1) The story is badly paced, instead of taking its cue from the mainline games, heck, any game before 3D, it goes through every Disney world first with barely any semblance of original plot, only to dump everything at the end where you have to rush through. Even though the cutscenes showed pretty much everything satisfactorily, they barely gave you time appreciate what was going on. Also the amount off screen shit that happened annoys me. Lingering will and roxas for example *sigh*

2) Lack of original/square stuff.

Pretty self explanatory.

Those are literally the only two problems holding back KH3, and they're the two most disappointing.

I would place kh 3 the 3rd place after kh 2 fm and bbs 

Just cause the story for 3 was more disney and i think it's rushed for the end . Like no ff no multiplayer 

Spoiler

I think its rushed because lingerill of will disaper . And for the final world not too much happen .

Scala we didn't really explore that beatufill world was such disap

charchter didn't have much time we would like to see him more or did battle 

And we didn't really play riku

But for gameplay disney world was good whit good animation and huge graphique .

The end was correct too because sora didn't have tragique end while other suffer too much . Sorry for my bad english

On 2/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, Dio Brando said:

I heavily HEAVILY disagree and I'm like one of the harshest critics of the series on this site.

There is more effort put into 3 than any of the handheld KH games,it is more accessible to boot despite the plot jargin and the combat,while not as good as KH2,is still a lot of fun especially boss battles

As someone who's been accused of being a "hater" and as someone who dropped the series after DDD,I can definitely say that for me KH3 was a pleasant surprise...tho I wont deny that my low expectations helped a bit

Yeah its pretty much the same for me as well. I had a great time with KH3 because while the plot was rushed to answer for stuff at the end, that's kind of always been a staple of the series for me. Kingdom Hearts is silly, yes the concept works surprisingly well and makes for a fun game but its still very silly. Ever since Mickey Mouse in KH2 had to explain to Sora and the player who Xehanort was and his heartless and nobody, its been a joke of a plot. I love it but man, if you can take all of what is going on in these games seriously then you deserve to have your expectations about the story to be shattered. 

But for me, it is one of the most prettiest and fun action RPG I think I have played in a long time. There's just nothing out there quite like Kingdom Hearts. Its silly, completely over the top and most of all its fun. I loved that most of the game was just Disney stuff and then at the very end they rushed to try and wrap up the finale. it goes to show how silly this whole story got. I'm glad it has ended and I think they did it in a fun way and at the end of the day, that's what videogames are all about :) 

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, Karxrida said:

I have some gripes with III but it's not the worst lol. I'd actually argue it's one of the best games in the franchise since both the combat and story are done well (or at least done decentish for combat).

Plus Dream Drop Distance still exists.

Wait, I am confused. Does that mean the story is better or combat?

23 hours ago, Merilly said:

I can't and won't tell you to think differently but saying you feel like you were betrayed is heavily exaggerated and not reasonable. If anything can be betrayed, it's your own expectations of what the perfect conclusion should have looked like but quite frankly, that's no betrayal. You are free to dislike it and criticize it as I have seen plenty of others do, but claiming this feels like a betrayal is exactly the reason why some outside the fandom think the fans indulge in a huge sense of entitlement.

As I said, I have nothing against people criticizing and hating the decisions they made. It's impossible to like everything and seeing the game through a thick layer of pure fanatism isn't healthy either. But let's not act like we have any say in the matter of how it should have played out. We can be disappointed or frustrated but as some said, many years of expectations are bound to backlash because by now, we all have had expectations of some sort, be they high or low.

I don't want to say something to every point but rather generalize something. Like others said before, after years of predictions it made sense the game would be fairly predictable. If you want to see that as a negative aspect, be my guest, but I don't see much value in incorporating shocking plot twists just for the sake of being shocking, not because they actually make sense in the end.

As for the people who are so intent on having their favorite pairing confirmed by bold declarations of love: Nomura said in an interview years ago that this series is primarily about friendship. It's the main topic. Ship whoever you like but suddenly trying to determine the worth of the game based on whether character x kisses character y in a game that clearly has a different focus than a sloppily written romance is simply not understandable for me and shouldn't even be part of any list on why the game is bad. Not when romance outside of the Disney universe has never been such a huge deal in Kingdom Hearts. That's something I believe should be left to the imagination of the individual player.

I'm not saying you don't have some valid points. Some are fine to criticize or even show some anger about. It's just that I feel some criticism is worded in a way that makes little sense, especially when comparing it to previous entries. For example, it's fine to criticize a lack of socializing or empty areas as a whole but it's not like all other KH games did not suffer from the same issues, hence not making KH3 worse than any other game in the franchise and making a comparison in those aspects impossible. KH2 has just as many empty areas as KH3 does, if not more. Outside of SDG, there's not a lot of out-of-context socializing done throughout the games for any of the original characters. I also wish for more in that area, the criticism is certainly legitimate, but KH3 is not any worse in that aspect than the other games.

I think as "the" game everyone has been waiting for, it doesn't quite fulfil that role. But, as a game entirely on it's own, I think that it does have the potential to give fans some certain things that they want to see in the game, know what I mean? 

23 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

Hide contents

I don't the game is that bad.  Sure, the worlds I've visited seem very limited despite being marketed as open world exploration.  Like Twilight Town for instance you get cut off from some parts of the town like the Sandlot, the Usual Place, some aspects of the Old Mansion, the gummi missions are incredibly time consuming but that's probably because I am playing with a level one Gummi Ship and have never had an interest much less an understanding of the gummi ships.  I do wish we got more side story from the other characters and actually got to see them interact with the worlds that Sora visited.  I am hoping that Kairi finally gets her own game and actually gets to meet the people Sora met.

The game isn't bad per say but I just think the version I am playing on now has less to be desired for.  I am still playing it and so far just completed the Hundred Acre Wood.

Kairi for a Final Fantasy X-2 inspired next Kingdom Hearts side title. :]

1 minute ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

I think as "the" game everyone has been waiting for, it doesn't quite fulfil that role. But, as a game entirely on it's own, I think that it does have the potential to give fans some certain things that they want to see in the game, know what I mean? 

This is basically the reason why half life 3 wont come out. Because "THE game" everyone is waiting for is almost Impossible to make. Even if you were to make a game that has absolutely everything people will still find Something that they think is Missing. If you have Impossible Standards than disappointment is a guarantee

1 minute ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

This is basically the reason why half life 3 wont come out. Because "THE game" everyone is waiting for is almost Impossible to make. Even if you were to make a game that has absolutely everything people will still find Something that they think is Missing. If you have Impossible Standards than disappointment is a guarantee

Still, I am glad that Nomura made Kingdom Hearts III. Regardless of other opinions, I biasedly believe that it is still a worthy conclusion to the Xehanort Saga before moving on to the next. :]

I can understand being disappointed.  I was disappointed by certain parts of the game too.  However, at the same time, there is so much to like about this game.  For me, the only things that really held the game back were certain parts of the story.  It is perfectly fine to not like it.  It is also perfectly fine to like it least of all of them.  However, I think that most of what you brought up can be summed up as not meeting your expectations.

I think that there are moments when the character models do not look as good, but overall, I think that the character models look better than ever before and are far more animated than ever before.  There are times when I feel like I'm watching a movie.

I have not explored the extra content yet, so, as of right now, I cannot say how good it is, but I never thought that there was all that much to do in previous Kingdom Hearts games other than collecting everything by opening chests and collecting synthesis materials from enemies.

There definitely was a lack in original worlds, so I will give you that one.  I thought that the Keyblade Graveyard had a lot of content for the Keyblade War, but after the Keyblade War was over, there was no reason to visit it anymore other than to collect missing treasure chests and access the Battle Gates.  Other than those two reasons to revisit, it is just an empty world.

The only game that had second stories for worlds was Kingdom Hearts II.  Other than that, every game only had one story for each world.  So, for me, it would be unexpected if there was more than one story for each world in this game.

I thought that the worlds felt way less empty than previous games.  There are actual people living in the towns now, and for the other areas, they don't feel any less empty than the previous Kingdom Hearts games.

The Kingdom Hearts series has actually been moving away from the Final Fantasy characters ever since Kingdom Hearts II.  So, I was not surprised to not see them in this game.

I will agree with you that all of the hintings at backstories and setting up new plot points only for them to not be brought up again or not matter to this game's story at all made them feel like they shouldn't have even been brought up in the first place.  I was not a fan of all of the set up for the next saga that was being done since it made this game feel less like a finale and more like just part of a larger story that you need to wait for the next game in order to see what happens next.

While I did not like the first two fights against the seekers of darkness and Armored Master Xehanort all that much (although I did appreciate that the Armored Master Xehanort fight put all the mechanics you had learned throughout the game to the test), I thought that the final boss fight against Master Xehanort was amazing and is one of the best boss fights in the series.  You start off fighting him on a roof.  Nothing too special.  However, about halfway through the fight, he creates a platform of light that he raises you into the sky on and summons Kingdom Hearts.  The fight progresses mostly the same for a while after this, but now with an epic atmosphere.  A little longer into the fight, Master Xehanort steals your light and you have to steal it back before you can do any more damage to him.  Once you get your light back, Master Xehanort transforms the arena into an arena that resembles Where Nothing Gathers with a shadowy version of Master Xehanort sitting on the tallest throne as other shadowy Master Xehanorts attack you.  All you can do is dodge until this attack is over.  Then, it goes back to the normal attacks he has been using until you get a command that tells you to press triangle to unleash your Keyblade's true power.  You do so, but Master Xehanort blocks your final attack and counterattacks by covering Kingdom Hearts in darkness and shooting a beam of darkness at you from it.  It looks like you die at this moment, but as you press buttons on your controller, you hear Donald and Goofy calling out to you through your controller as your heart beats.  Then, you get one last command to press triangle to call on your friends.  You then wake up and see that Donald and Goofy are helping you block Master Xehanort's final attack.  The three of you then combine your strength to counter Master Xehanort's attack and overpower his beam of darkness with a beam of light that finally defeats him.  If this isn't an epic final boss fight, I don't know what is.

There were parts of the story that I thought were not done as well as others, as I have already touched on a little bit.  While the story did feel poorly paced at times and felt rushed at the end, I still felt like it made sense with the way they wanted to tell the story.  Basically, everything was about preparing for the Keyblade War.  Because of that, most of the story we got before the Keyblade War was set up for what was coming.  Then, we got all of the payoffs to the set up during the Keyblade War itself.  It isn't perfectly done, but I do feel that it made sense when I look at the story they were trying to tell and the way they were trying to tell it.  As for there being no kissing, Sora and Kairi shared a paopu fruit.  That's basically as close to kissing in the Kingdom Hearts universe as you can get.  They are basically already married because of that.

The complaints about the new voice actors are valid ones.  I personally wasn't bothered by them.

I personally thought that this game had the best soundtrack out of all of the games in the series so far.

The rest of your issues are more or less just things that you wanted to be in the game but weren't there.  There's nothing wrong with that, but I don't think that something not being in the game that you wanted to be there necessarily makes it a bad game.

Like I said at the beginning of this post, it is perfectly fine not to like this game.  These are just my thoughts on the issues you brought up.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

2 minutes ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

Still, I am glad that Nomura made Kingdom Hearts III. Regardless of other opinions, I biasedly believe that it is still a worthy conclusion to the Xehanort Saga before moving on to the next. :]

I am not done jet i am almost done with fronzen amd from what i have seen so far its an amazing game and a that i could have wished for

27 minutes ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

I am not done jet i am almost done with fronzen amd from what i have seen so far its an amazing game and a that i could have wished for

I think I am getting a little disappointed with some of the spoilers that I've read.

1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

I think I am getting a little disappointed with some of the spoilers that I've read.

I think the thing with Spoilers is that you are either prepared before the game releases or after, either way, it will depend on how you personally feel towards the game. 

1 hour ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

:]

36 minutes ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

I think the thing with Spoilers is that you are either prepared before the game releases or after, either way, it will depend on how you personally feel towards the game. 

Just some things feel rushed.  And I am really hope we get more from DLC and updates.

On 2/2/2019 at 10:29 PM, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

I agree with Dustin Lübbers on this. "The" game is a standard that cannot be fulfilled, not only because the entirety of what fans would have wanted would have gone way past the amount they could fit into one game without passing the 200 hours mark but also because each fan has a different concept of what "the" game would entail since everyone loves different things, cherishes different characters and needs different things for a game to be amazing. Some need more gameplay, other more story. Some want more focus on this character, others want to know more about that one. Quite a few want a happy ending, others prefer a tragic or at least bittersweet one. 

That's simply the problem. When we say it isn't "the" game we were hoping for, we have to be aware of the fact that it could never be what we're hoping for. Not only due to the amount of time and lore adding to the difficulty of resolving everything in a satisfying manner, but also because that's super subjective. For some it may have even exceeded their expectations and it's 90% what they had hoped for. (Since 100% is only possible if you wish for merely a few things, which is fairly unlikely at this point in the franchise.)

There's really no issue with being disappointed in certain aspects of the game or even a lot of decisions they made. I also have my gripes, just like with any game out there.

But we can't glorify the other KH titles as if they didn't have exactly the same issues or others for that matter. I also had to stop myself at times and remind myself that the franchise has done that time and time again. And that does help. Once I made myself aware again that I wasn't disappointed with how the other games handled it, the thing which I was disturbed about became different. It was still an issue, there's no justification for that, but it falls in line with what KH has always done. Does it make it better? No, but it makes it easier to accept.

I have my own gripes with the game. Things which have disappointed me, things which I would have liked to be resolved differently and things which could have been improved from my subjective point of view. But there are also many things which have made me happy, which made me laugh at how silly and how much KH it simply was, and things which left me in awe.

I think the best way to treat this game is to be open to have our perception of what would have been perfect challenged. This doesn't mean that we should support everything blindly or put some sort of artificial halo above the game and ignore its flaws. It just means that we can still find a lot of brilliance in something even if it defies our desires.

Our perception of what KH3 should have been has changed again and again over the years with each additional game. The KH3 we've been waiting for after KH2 isn't the same as the one we've expected after DDD. Mainly because so much has happened in the meantime. There was no Master Xehanort in KH2. The most we had was the secret ending which I remember many believed to be hinting at KH3. Actually, there was not much to envision after KH2 because the story had been pretty much concluded with a few loose ends here and there but all in all, everyone was together, the bad guys defeated and the worlds safe. Had a KH3 followed then, people wouldn't have had much time to really expect anything. There would have been little to theorize about. But now that we've been given all that time, our own view of KH has expanded to a point where no game would have become "the" game everyone was hoping for. Because that wouldn't be attainable after so many different theories and desires and after throwing so much into the games which followed KH2. Which isn't bad, but once you realize that it can't achieve what everyone wants, it becomes easier to accept certain things as just being there. Maybe not as ideal as we imagined for ourselves, but a lot was still acceptable, regardless of what I personally would have wanted.  

Long story short: I believe KH3 doesn't have more flaws than any other KH game. Not necessarily fewer either though. In a lot of aspects it's pretty much what the franchise is known for, be it positive or negative. I'm not taking anyone's right away to be disappointed or hate the game either. I just think that at least some people wouldn't be as negative if they wouldn't cling to their expectations to such a degree and be a little more open-minded to the fact that the game could have never been perfect with how much hype was built up over the years. Some things always have to suffer or have to be crushed beneath that heavy weight since you cannot have everything in a game that's been in development for roughly 5 years. Even my own idea of what should have been in KH3 to make it perfect would have easily spanned 200-300 hours all in all. Now imagine adding all other opinions and reaching a common ground. The game would have never been finished.

Edited by Merilly

20 minutes ago, Merilly said:

I agree with Dustin Lübbers on this. "The" game is a standard that cannot be fulfilled, not only because the entirety of what fans would have wanted would have gone way past the amount they could fit into one game without passing the 200 hours mark but also because each fan has a different concept of what "the" game would entail since everyone loves different things, cherishes different characters and needs different things for a game to be amazing. Some need more gameplay, other more story. Some want more focus on this character, others want to know more about that one. Quite a few want a happy ending, others prefer a tragic or at least bittersweet one. 

That's simply the problem. When we say it isn't "the" game we were hoping for, we have to be aware of the fact that it could never be what we're hoping for. Not only due to the amount of time and lore adding to the difficulty of resolving everything in a satisfying manner, but also because that's super subjective. For some it may have even exceeded their expectations and it's 90% what they had hoped for. (Since 100% is only possible if you wish for merely a few things, which is fairly unlikely at this point in the franchise.)

There's really no issue with being disappointed in certain aspects of the game or even a lot of decisions they made. I also have my gripes, just like with any game out there.

But we can't glorify the other KH titles as if they didn't have exactly the same issues or others for that matter. I also had to stop myself at times and remind myself that the franchise has done that time and time again. And that does help. Once I made myself aware again that I wasn't disappointed with how the other games handled it, the thing which I was disturbed about became different. It was still an issue, there's no justification for that, but it falls in line with what KH has always done. Does it make it better? No, but it makes it easier to accept.

I have my own gripes with the game. Things which have disappointed me, things which I would have liked to be resolved differently and things which could have been improved from my subjective point of view. But there are also many things which have made me happy, which made me laugh at how silly and how much KH it simply was, and things which left me in awe.

I think the best way to treat this game is to be open to have our perception of what would have been perfect challenged. This doesn't mean that we should support everything blindly or put some sort of artificial halo above the game and ignore its flaws. It just means that we can still find a lot of brilliance in something even if it defies our desires.

Our perception of what KH3 should have been has changed again and again over the years with each additional game. The KH3 we've been waiting for after KH2 isn't the same as the one we've expected after DDD. Mainly because so much has happened in the meantime. There was no Master Xehanort in KH2. The most we had was the secret ending which I remember many believed to be hinting at KH3. Actually, there was not much to envision after KH2 because the story had been pretty much concluded with a few loose ends here and there but all in all, everyone was together, the bad guys defeated and the worlds save. Had a KH3 followed then, people wouldn't have had much time to really expect anything. There would have been little to theorize about. But now that we've been given all that time, our own view of KH has expanded to a point where no game would have become "the" game everyone was hoping for. Because that wouldn't be attainable after so many different theories and desires and after throwing so much into the games which followed KH2. Which isn't bad, but once you realize that it can't achieve what everyone wants, it becomes easier to accept certain things as just being there. Maybe not as ideal as we imagined for ourselves, but a lot was still acceptable, regardless of what I personally would have wanted.  

Long story short: I believe KH3 doesn't have more flaws than any other KH game. Not necessarily fewer either though. In a lot of aspects it's pretty much what the franchise is known for, be it positive or negative. I'm not taking anyone's right away to be disappointed or hate the game either. I just think that at least some people wouldn't be as negative if they wouldn't cling to their expectations to such a degree and be a little more open-minded to the fact that the game could have never been perfect with how much hype was built up over the years. Some things always have to suffer or have to be crushed beneath that heavy weight since you cannot have everything in a game that's been in development for roughly 5 years. Even my own idea of what should have been in KH3 to make it perfect would have easily spanned 200-300 hours all in all. Now imagine adding all other opinions and reaching a common ground. The game would have never been finished.

True, I guess.

6 hours ago, FlipMode said:

Yeah its pretty much the same for me as well. I had a great time with KH3 because while the plot was rushed to answer for stuff at the end, that's kind of always been a staple of the series for me. Kingdom Hearts is silly, yes the concept works surprisingly well and makes for a fun game but its still very silly. Ever since Mickey Mouse in KH2 had to explain to Sora and the player who Xehanort was and his heartless and nobody, its been a joke of a plot. I love it but man, if you can take all of what is going on in these games seriously then you deserve to have your expectations about the story to be shattered. 

But for me, it is one of the most prettiest and fun action RPG I think I have played in a long time. There's just nothing out there quite like Kingdom Hearts. Its silly, completely over the top and most of all its fun. I loved that most of the game was just Disney stuff and then at the very end they rushed to try and wrap up the finale. it goes to show how silly this whole story got. I'm glad it has ended and I think they did it in a fun way and at the end of the day, that's what videogames are all about :) 

And the best part is,the game,unlike previous entries since BBS,actually acknowledge how ridiculous everything is more than once so the self-awareness actually made me enjoy the plot.....something I haven't felt for the series in a long time

And man the charm filling each world is unreal and the dialogue and interactions are much better written than a lot of the drivel BBS and DDD was filled

It felt like the pure Disney X Square crossover that filled me with joy back in 2006 when I got into the series and for that I'll praise KH3 tremendously

Dude the fact that the game lets u take selfies anywhere u want puts a smile on my face...........I HAD TO TAKE A SELFIE IN MONSTER INC AND I BLOCKED MIKE'S FACE ^_^.......its a small thing sure but it adds up with how much charm this game is filled to the brim with

The gameplay was good enough for a kh title.. the storytelling and pacing were complete garbage.  Why did Nomura all of a sudden decide to throw Sora in the middle of the actual Disney movie stories rather than creating a whole new story (which is way better)?.. also why did literally everybody feel so awkward anytime they spoke?  All in all.. the whole game felt like Nomura had no idea how it was going to end the whole time.  Let me reiterate, THE PLOT OF THIS GAME BLOWS CHUNKS!

On 2/3/2019 at 9:48 AM, DoctorFoxing said:

The gameplay was good enough for a kh title.. the storytelling and pacing were complete garbage.  Why did Nomura all of a sudden decide to throw Sora in the middle of the actual Disney movie stories rather than creating a whole new story (which is way better)?.. also why did literally everybody feel so awkward anytime they spoke?  All in all.. the whole game felt like Nomura had no idea how it was going to end the whole time.  Let me reiterate, THE PLOT OF THIS GAME BLOWS CHUNKS!

"in the middle of a disney movie's plot"

U mean literally like every single game in the series?

At least for places like Toy Box and Monster Inc they take place AFTER their movies(Toy box after Toy story 2 and monstropolis after the original Monster Inc) and unlike past games at least the organization's scheme actually ties to most of the worlds u visit for once where before only Xaldin's shtick in Beast Castle was tying anything in the disney world's to the overall plot

And I disagree with the dialogue,cuz unlike past games they talk like actual people for once and isnt spamming the words "darkness" and "heart" every waking second of the day,sure there are still the usual KH vocabulary bullcrap like the usage of the word "hurt" rather than more naturally sounding synonyms like pain,suffering or agony but it's nowhere near as bad as Re:Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep where I wanted everybody to shut up

Really for me what makes KH3 suffer is the ties to all the non-sensical jargin from BBS,DDD and Union/Unchained X cuz so much could've been trimmed if u take out the whole old and young xehanort shticks and keep xehanort's original story as an apprentice gone mad,keep the number of xehanorts just narrowed to Ansem SoD and Xemnas rather than a bajillion xehanort,cut out all the bullcrap that DDD and Union X introduced and it could've went on a note that satisfied most people even if not everyone

Cuz this whole overly long build-up since 2007 only served as a detriment to the story of what could've possibly been one of the best games of this console generation.Cuz there was no way Xehanort's story-arc would've ended on a note that everyone would be content with,not with all the paddings and retcons that were done throughout

I still really like KH3(though for reasons different than most of the fandom) and honestly the best way to look at it is to take it on it's own and ignore the nonsense tied to it from past games minus maybe BBS(much to my dismay and shagrin)....

Edited by Dio Brando

On 2/2/2019 at 4:43 PM, Dave said:

Just going to throw out there that Coded was actually not that bad of a game.

I agree. Coded was definitely the weakest of the series (at least to me), but even Coded wasn't bad. The gameplay was fun; the game's major issue was the story, in that it just rehashed the plot of the first game until the final hour.

I can't speak for KH3 as a whole yet, since I still haven't finished it, but what I've played so far I think has been excellent. I love the gameplay, the game is absolutely beautiful, and it seems like it's building up to a pretty satisfying conclusion to the series' first chapter. I know some people will disagree with me on this, and that's fine. I won't lie, the game isn't perfect (then again, none of the games in the series have been). However, I do have to disagree that the game is worse than Coded. So far, I would rank it in my top three of the series.

I plan to post a more detailed review once I finish the game, but so far I am beyond satisfied with the game.

Spoiler

I think a lot of people (me included) went into KH3 expecting a big grand finale. What we actually got was the end of an arc with enough left on the table to start something new. Which means more games! Yay! But it was always going to mean the story couldn’t wrap up everything with a neat bow - and that appears to have left a bad taste in some people’s mouth. That’s completely fair.

I respect OPs opinion but I don’t share it. I’ve really enjoyed the game and now I get to look forward to more of my favourite series.

If I had one major critique of the game it would actually be the music - specifically its editing. Elements of the soundtrack are awesome and I hope it goes on sale soon so I can buy a copy, but some of the tracks just didn’t loop well. The final battle tracks spring to mind but there were others that seemed to make a jarring jump back to the start, which was a shame because the individual pieces of music were stellar. Some were recycled, yes, but that just hit me hard in the feels even more :)

well done Nomura and co. I’m really excited about KH future after this :) 

Regarding the story quips, I'm just gonna leave this segment from the perfect book interview here...

Q:Will there be more to the story that will follow the new Kingdom Hearts 3 game?

Nomura: We’ve received comments such as, “Oh come on, just finish the story already!” (haha). However, if you play Kingdom Hearts 3, I’m sure there will be people saying, “Hurry up and give us the continuation now!” and that’s the type of story I think we have created with this game.

21 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Regarding the story quips, I'm just gonna leave this segment from the perfect book interview here...

Q:Will there be more to the story that will follow the new Kingdom Hearts 3 game?

Nomura: We’ve received comments such as, “Oh come on, just finish the story already!” (haha). However, if you play Kingdom Hearts 3, I’m sure there will be people saying, “Hurry up and give us the continuation now!” and that’s the type of story I think we have created with this game.

That's certainly how I'm feeling, lol. In a good way of course. I think the game does a great job of tying up loose ends but still leaving the story open ended so that we're wondering what's going to happen next. I would say they succeeded in this regard.