Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Everyone is posting everywhere about how this game made them cry and I am no exception! So I'm curious, when did you cry?

They were all happy cries but this game made me full cry 3x and tear up several others.

#1: At the beginning when Sora goes to the mansion and as he's looking at it Lazy Afternoons (Roxas Twilight Town theme) replaces Afternoon streets (Soras TwTn theme).

Just gearing that music so unexpectedly and all that was happening pushed me over the edge. I guess this was more sad and happy because I love that music and I was so happy they were as concerned about Roxas as I was.

#2 After Aqua and Ven are returned and everyone is in Yen Sids tower gearing up for the final battle. Just talking about how everything is so complicated, and Axel wondering how the heck he's gonna explain things to Roxas, and him being surprised Ven remembers him and I just couldnt contain the tears as they were all together!

#3 Roxas, Axel, Xion and the Twilight Town gang on the clock tower eating ice cream. I tried to hold it back because I wanted to watch it but DANG IT i just started blubbering and whispering "...they made it...they're finally home...they're together and they're home" 

Teared up:

Axel seeing Xion in Kairi and him just loosing it. The animation on his face and his reaction just got me so hard!! If we had had more time with them together I think it would've pushed me over the edge and it nearly did but not quite.

Aqua finding Ven.

Aqua Terra and Ventus reunion. It was so touching, but Terranorts reintroduction to the story was so abrupt that it didnt have as much of an impact. There wasnt a lot of build up to finding Terra in general. They mention his name a few times but he's never really talked about he just kinda shows up. I feel if they built up to that moment more it woulda sent me over the edge.

When Sora is having ice cream with Hiro and he hears the clocktower bells and they flash to all of them being the Twilight Town gang and roxas from KH2. That nearly made me cry but it was over too quick.

Axel, Roxas and Xions reunion and the fight before it with Axel trying to stop Xemnas from killing Xion. The reunion was WAY TO QUICK!! I was so upset! I was so excited to see something similar to Aqua Terra and Vensreunion with dialogue and time given to that scene but it was almost a blink and you'll miss it moment of them just hugging. Which was powerful, it made me tear up but it it had stayed with them for a minute, I'm sure it wouldve made me cry

Thats my list! 

Edited by Fates Chance XIII

I'd say the better part of the majority of the game lmao

In all seriousness though:

Spoiler

I cried the hardest when Sora saves Xion and Roxas arrives as well. The Seasalt trio is my favorite, and Xion is my absolute favorite character and the character I have felt the strongest connection to in any game or media ever, as odd as that is. Seeing her recover who she was and rejoin her friends had me sobbing. Same, but not as hard (probably cus my tears were running low at this point LOL) with the Wayfinder trio. Seeing their reunions made me so happy.

I cried during almost the entirety of the epilogue as well. Things started to connect in many ways that made me happy.. and broke my heart.

The first time I cried though was right at the start of the game. Being able to see it. That made me emotional right off the bat. I never thought, over these last 13 years of no MAIN number game, that we would ever see III, and then I began playing it. The game was gorgeous and looked amazing and the intro sequence with Eraqus and Xehanort fascinated me and tossed more light onto what was going to happen. Then the intro cinematic and the throwbacks to all the other entries, including Coded, Uχ, etc. had me so happy. I may be more emotional than some but I am not kidding when I say this game made me cry more often than I care to count lol

I was pretty emotional for a majority of the game. Just finally getting to play it!! But I cried for both of the trio reunions, the ending and during the final battle. When it looks like the restart screen and then you hear Donald and Goofy's voices calling out for Sora.

?

Edited by Bl4ck_iris

Spoiler

I teared up more times than I was expecting.  I think they were when 1) Axel/Xion/Roxas reunited, 2) Saix was defeated in the graveyard and talking with Axel, 3) Eraqus appears and him and Master Xehanort pass on, 4) Namine opening her eyes and returning, 5) the ending scenes showing everyone being happy and running around together since everyone was finally reunited (except Sora though).

Spoiler

I actually didn't cry until the game's ending. They were happy tears from seeing everyone finally get to go back to their lives. Seeing Axel, Roxas and Xion finally be together was especially emotional for me. Then they turned to tears of sadness when I saw Kairi and Sora sitting together and then he just slowly fades away.

Other than the ending I didn't have any crying moments (though I did have a ton of "squee" moments and a lot of "joker grinning" moments). 

Spoiler

The first time I got really emotional was Aqua's scene on Destiny Island. Aqua's rescue without a doubt got the most screentime so they could really focus on her feelings of being free. It was a really good moment and the first time I put down my controller and really felt a powerful surge of sadness and happiness of saving the Aqua.

The first time I cried, was the Seasalt Trio reunion. In addition to being my favorite trio and housing three of my favorite characters in the series, the Seasalt Trio had the most working against them. They aren't meant to exist, and needed bodies, their hearts and memories. It just seemed impossible to get them all back. Xion in particular had it the worst, being absent the entire game, and nobody really looking for her, she could have easily been the one to stay in oblivion. So to see these three make it back together, crying and hugging with Xion's theme playing made me burst into tears. I remember having to take a break after their rescue because I couldn't focus on the game, I was super emotional and needed some time to recover. Add in Saix's death and it was too much emotion for me.

While I wasn't as emotional for the Wayfinder Trio reunion, I still got hit hard with the feels on them too. Terra finally getting his body back and reuniting with Ventus and Aqua was such a feel good moment that made me scream "Yes". Unlike the Seasalt Trio, where I had to stop playing because of my crying, when the Wayfinder Trio reunited I felt powerful and encouraged. Like now we were really going to destroy Xehanort and his forms, with Terra joining the Guardians side. So this was a emotional reunion for me too.

The ending of course hit me hard to. Ventus, Aqua, and Terra finally back home. Roxas, Axel, and Xion finally back in Twilight Town free to do whatever they want with Hayner, Pence, Olette, and reformed Isa. Seasalt Seven baby! And of course the Destiny Island party. I cried so much seeing all the trios happy together after everything they had been through Roxas racing with Terra and Riku. Xion and Namine collecting seashells together. Ventus playing with Lea and Isa. Hayner, Pence, and Olette making their own Lucky Emblem. It was a dream come true! Sora disappearing depressed me though. Such sadness.

And finally the last thing that made me cry was the trophy you get when you complete the game. It has a smiling Sora on it. This made me cry because Sora didn't get his happy ending, and it made me really miss him despite playing a long game with him.

Bonus sad thing. I nearly lost it when I realized I skipped a Namine scene. Poor Namine deserved better then to be stuck in Final World.

Edited by SweetYetSalty

I'll have you know I only cried only twice in the game!

Spoiler

-Near the end of the game at the keyblade graveyard, when Xion was crying. I was playing KH3 with a buddy and I bit my lips hard to not cry at that scene

-On that note, what happened with Kairi at the keyblade graveyard. I was sooooo angry.

I didn't cry, but there were five moments that hit me right in the feels and made me almost cry:

1. When Axel remembers Xion for a moment, drops his ice cream, and starts to cry.

2. When Aqua is saved from the Realm of Darkness and she starts crying once she realizes she is back in the Realm of Light.

3. When Terra, Aqua, and Ventus are reunited.

4. When Sora tells Xion that everything is alright and she starts crying.

5. When Xion starts crying after Saix is defeated and Roxas, Axel, and Xion have a group hug.

Honorable mention: When Sora fades away at the end of the game (this moment wasn't necessarily emotional to me, I just thought that it was a really well done moment).