Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

It's disturbing to think about (KH3 SPOILER!)

At the end when we find out Xigbar is Luxu and how how he's had to change bodies multiple times beyond count, and taken on so many names it suddenly hit me how DISTURBING that is and how none of the foretellers call him on how abhorrent that is.

Luxu has found people, people who had their own lives and loved ones, and taken over their bodies to make them his own so he could survive this entire time. How many lives did he ruin? How many people were lost to darkness, faded away, or who knows what by him?

He wouldve had to stalk these people to figure out if they were usable and then take them over against their will! That is MESSED UP!! And none of the foretellers bat an eye at this! Which is like...guys! Guuuuuys!! You're okay with this?? You accept this?! Which immediately made all of them seem so much less benevolent that they were okay with something like this if it was their Masters will.

Not only that but for a long time I thought that power to take over someones body like that was a dark power MX used and was something unholy. Kind of like with the keyblade to unlock hearts in KH1.

But no, this is a normal keyblade ability. Which casts a shadow on that weapon and how it can by its nature be used for extreme evil. It kind of seems like as we go on in this story, the keyblades true nature has become a lot less benevolent. It's not in it's base form a weapon only for good, with special keyblades or users able to do horrible things. It is truly a weapon of wonder and ruin.

well i will say that...

you're suddenly surprised and shocked about a WEAPON not being somehow solely for good? it was never hinted at keyblades doing only good. hell it's the case since KH1. it is but a weapon, its use dependent of its user....

Spoiler

as for the foretellers' reaction i do think there are more important matters at hands, and considering the events of the Keyblade war, to see them as pure lights is a bit preposterous imo, what are a few lives in retrospect, when they lost everyone to darkness...

that's also hinted at the end of the prologue where eraqus places the 7 dark pieces representing each of them and the white piece representing Sora, the "new game" more likely hinting at possibly the next KH title rather than an actual 'game" they're about to play.

8 hours ago, Fates Chance XIII said:

Hide contents

At the end when we find out Xigbar is Luxu and how how he's had to change bodies multiple times beyond count, and taken on so many names it suddenly hit me how DISTURBING that is and how none of the foretellers call him on how abhorrent that is.

Luxu has found people, people who had their own lives and loved ones, and taken over their bodies to make them his own so he could survive this entire time. How many lives did he ruin? How many people were lost to darkness, faded away, or who knows what by him?

He wouldve had to stalk these people to figure out if they were usable and then take them over against their will! That is MESSED UP!! And none of the foretellers bat an eye at this! Which is like...guys! Guuuuuys!! You're okay with this?? You accept this?! Which immediately made all of them seem so much less benevolent that they were okay with something like this if it was their Masters will.

Not only that but for a long time I thought that power to take over someones body like that was a dark power MX used and was something unholy. Kind of like with the keyblade to unlock hearts in KH1.

But no, this is a normal keyblade ability. Which casts a shadow on that weapon and how it can by its nature be used for extreme evil. It kind of seems like as we go on in this story, the keyblades true nature has become a lot less benevolent. It's not in it's base form a weapon only for good, with special keyblades or users able to do horrible things. It is truly a weapon of wonder and ruin. 

Spoiler

Hmm, it's most likely a regular Keyblade ability, yes, but that not everyone wanna use. After all, it exist some Keyblades from the dark world, like the one Mickey find in BbS 0.2. An ability that needs darkness to be used.
It's just like in Star Wars, Jedi and Sith both use the power of the Force, but Sith use some ability that the Jedi are not allowed to.
It's who wields the Keyblade to decide if be good or a bad guy, not the weapon.

Spoiler

I find the more disturbing thing to be Luxus actions than the keyblade being used in such a way. I think I put too much emphasis on that in the post. 

Yes a weapon isnt inherently evil it's the person behind it but it seemed for a while as though the base keyblade didnt have powers that could be used for something like that.

Like in KH1, the Keyblade of heart seemed to be special in having the abilty to unlock peoples hearts and release them from the body. I know that wasnt the only thing that made it special but it seemed like that power was exclusive to it.

In BBS, No Name was used in a similar way and I thought wow, any keyblade can do that?!

And again it seemed like maybe that was exclusive to him, like it's some dark power that he acquired from using the darkness so much or something.

But with how casually Luxu did it, it now seems more like just a thing that can be done. It's a base power now, standard to anyone with the will, know how, and means to do it where the average keyblade didnt really have that vibe to me before.  

I'm not surprised that weapons can be used for evil, it's just this evil sounding power that seemed exclusive to special weapons is now fair game to anyone. 

I still find Luxus actions to be the most disturbing thing. KHX was what, a 1000 years ago from bbs? That's  a LOT of bodies to go through.

I imagine (if i were to put my self in the shoes of a body snatcher) that he would want a younger person so he could keep that body for a decent amount of time. Then dispose of it once it started getting older and unable to operate at its prime.

Braigs body looked to be about in it's late 20s to early 30s, and I imagine that would be the place he would want to stay in if he were looking for a new vessel. Old enough to be able to operate in society without the restrictions of being seen as too young or inexperienced, or as a kid getting into adults buisness if he were to say go for a teens body but young enough to still be quite capable. 

I doubt he'd keep a body past its late 40s or 50s unless he had an express reason because at that point he'd really start to feel age kicking into his abilities.

So if we say on average he picked someone age 28-a young but well into adulthood age- and kept them until age 48-past middle age and creeping into being elderly- giving each body a 20 yr life span- he went through FIFTY vessels in that 1000 years!!

Fifty peoples lives ruined, fifty people going through what Terra did. And Luxu doesnt seem all that hung up about it, hes so casual about it! That is creepy for him as a character, just like it's creepy for Xehanort as a character to want to take over someone elses body for their own. 

And when he shed his vessel, I doubt the person just carried on (with 20 years of their life stolen from them) they probably faded away. Which even if they did carry on, thats a lot of their life stolen from them.

Spoiler

i somehow think you're overthinking this but fine, the discussion isn't uninteresting,

i would say i doubt he'd only keep bodies in a certain range of age, after all why would he do that, he only needed to observe and such up until he changed into braig and started making move to get closer to xehanort as said in the reports.

Then again he does state he changed bodies more times that he cared to count, sothat gives and idea of how many times he did. by that time it all became pretty much not that much of a deal to him we could suspect as much at least.

That being said, and first of all, Luxu isn't any random keyblade master, being one of the MoM OG apprentices, and would i add, the one he entrusted with the task of taking care of the black box and of his keyblade and gazing eye.

I don't see such power being of knowledge to any keyblade wielder, nor for it to be used as commongly as you suspect it to be.

Xehanort needed a new vessel because his purpose was to  live up until the new keyblade war he was ploting for,

Luxu add his role to carry out, if anything you can get a glimpse at how determined he was to do so, for who knows what reasons. i'd argue whatever is in this black box is vital to MoM's return or something along those lines, for him to hold on to this role for so long. in that sense it's disturbing you might say, such dedication over so many years, but at the end of the day, moving from vessel to vessel was but a necessity,

these are the sole cases of it being done, as far as we know so i don't see that being such a casual well spread ability,

but yeah, i can see the point you're trying to make regardless

Edited by sorakm

Spoiler

Technically it is a skill keyblade masters can learn, so it shows power and wisdom can be abused even by those who know better. This was even talked about and shown back in BBS with both Eraqus and Xehanort. Also :

Xehanort's Report IX

We Keyblade Masters have a special gift. We can extract a heart, be it our own or that of another. By continuing this cycle, it is possible to remain in the world of the living forever.

As a boy, I dreamed of seeing the farthest reaches of the World. If I only went far enough, there had to be a world out there in which no one had ever before set foot. And now I know of just such a world. If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create the Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium.

So there I stood, with vast knowledge in one gnarled, dying hand, and newfound purpose in the other. The next step was clear: I needed a new vessel.

And that was when I met Ventus and made him my pupil. We were destined to meet, and I could sense the potential within him, but the boy was too benign for his own good. I came to the conclusion he was too frail to serve as a vessel, and decided to use him for a second purpose I had in mind.

I would remove the darkness from his heart and split him in two. Then I would have my heart of pure light, and my heart of pure darkness.

Spoiler

I don't think it's a Keyblade-specific ability, actually. In one of the Secret Reports, Luxu says that he bequeathed No Name to one of the new Union leaders (doesn't say which, my guess is Brain) which left him Keyblade-less. He must have done something else to remove his heart from his body (maybe he succumbed to darkness/intentionally gave into darkness like Xehanort?).

What I'm curious about is whether he was in control of Xigbar the whole time, or if he was a passenger ala Roxas and Ven, or if it was more of a "I'm not taking over completely but I will be subconsciously choosing your path" situation.

(Regarding the Foretellers, I'm guessing their reactions weren't as important to cover in the short run time of the scene. Odds are at least one of them would have a problem with it.)

11 hours ago, HarLea Quinn said:
  Hide contents

Technically it is a skill keyblade masters can learn, so it shows power and wisdom can be abused even by those who know better. This was even talked about and shown back in BBS with both Eraqus and Xehanort. Also :

Xehanort's Report IX

We Keyblade Masters have a special gift. We can extract a heart, be it our own or that of another. By continuing this cycle, it is possible to remain in the world of the living forever.

As a boy, I dreamed of seeing the farthest reaches of the World. If I only went far enough, there had to be a world out there in which no one had ever before set foot. And now I know of just such a world. If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create the Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium.

So there I stood, with vast knowledge in one gnarled, dying hand, and newfound purpose in the other. The next step was clear: I needed a new vessel.

And that was when I met Ventus and made him my pupil. We were destined to meet, and I could sense the potential within him, but the boy was too benign for his own good. I came to the conclusion he was too frail to serve as a vessel, and decided to use him for a second purpose I had in mind.

I would remove the darkness from his heart and split him in two. Then I would have my heart of pure light, and my heart of pure darkness.

oh nice bringing that up indeed i had forgotten about this one,

5 minutes ago, hawk222 said:

I don't think it's a Keyblade-specific ability, actually. In one of the Secret Reports, Luxu says that he bequeathed No Name to one of the new Union leaders (doesn't say which, my guess is Brain) which left him Keyblade-less. He must have done something else to remove his heart from his body (maybe he succumbed to darkness/intentionally gave into darkness like Xehanort?).

What I'm curious about is whether he was in control of Xigbar the whole time, or if he was a passenger ala Roxas and Ven, or if it was more of a "I'm not taking over completely but I will be subconsciously choosing your path" situation.

(Regarding the Foretellers, I'm guessing their reactions weren't as important to cover in the short run time of the scene. Odds are at least one of them would have a problem with it.)

Spoiler

that's how i understand it as well, yes it being more in the wielder side than the other way around, and luxu as an example makes sense indeed

from what i understand from the report, him saying xigbar being his last body and name, i would theorize he has completely taken over braig, but that's more of an assumption than anything else that could be checked with facts,

maybe he didn't always do it this way, that's interesting to consider