Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Bl4ck_iris

[SPOILERS] Question About One of the Side Plot Lines

Hey all!  So I'm making my second play-through of the game, at a more leisurely pace this time, and there's a sideline I'm a little confused on.  The whole thing between Isa and Lea not being alone and there was some 'girl' they had been searching for?  Also Ansem mentions a girl connected to DiZ's research.   Are we supposed to know who that is??  Is it a reference to something I missed?  I don't even know if that's supposed to be the same girl... I thought at first it might be Namine but that doesn't really make sense for Isa and Lea.

Spoiler

no it's a new revelation, that one.
it is somehow theorized it could be Skuld but nothing's certain for now, and it is implied she has quite some implications in the story as a whole, but for now we don't know anything else about her other than what's in the reports

Like sorakm said, most people believe it's Skuld.  As the reports state, the girl they are referring to is known as Subject X, who seems to have amnesia, comes from another world, had four friends whom she can't remember, was the reason Ansem stopped his research, and is the girl that Lea and Isa met when they infiltrated the castle (also being the reason why they joined the Organization), and said the phrase "May your heart be your guiding key".  Those hints from the reports and the fact that Skuld is represented by a Star, while Lea and Isa are represented by the Sun and Moon respectively, are why people believe it to be Skuld, with the four friends being Ephemer, Ven, Lauriam, and Brain.

Spoiler

I think the girl is Ava,imo. based on that she wasn't there with the other foretellers at the end and one of the reports stating her being alive (makes me think that ava thought she died in the keyblade war or sometime after)

Spoiler

could be ava as well, yes

although from the epilogue and the reports, it also seems unlikely,

as in the reports it is implied to be Xigbar that came to take "X" our girl of interest out of prison. so if she was ava he would know about her whereabouts in the epilogue and not be surprised of not seeing her.

then again it could have been her and when xigbar took her out of prison she went on who knows what kind of mission, hence her not being around in the epilogue.

it's definitely not 100% clear at this point,

3 hours ago, Power Jusho said:
  Hide contents

I think the girl is Ava,imo. based on that she wasn't there with the other foretellers at the end and one of the reports stating her being alive (makes me think that ava thought she died in the keyblade war or sometime after)

Spoiler

It can't be Ava. We learn in the reports that Luxu sent the new union leaders ahead in time with No Name.

2 hours ago, sorakm said:
  Hide contents

could be ava as well, yes

although from the epilogue and the reports, it also seems unlikely,

as in the reports it is implied to be Xigbar that came to take "X" our girl of interest out of prison. so if she was ava he would know about her whereabouts in the epilogue and not be surprised of not seeing her.

then again it could have been her and when xigbar took her out of prison she went on who knows what kind of mission, hence her not being around in the epilogue.

it's definitely not 100% clear at this point,

Spoiler

Even with that detail, I still have a feeling that it could be Ava. Xigbar, while he seems surprised that she's not there, doesn't mean that he didn't interact with her. After all he says "She had another mission to complete" kind of thing and he didn't seem worried that she didn't appear at the same time after mentioning that detail. I'm sure that, as you said, she left to complete the task set before her OR he gave her that task knowing full well that she would likely not be there during the reunion. The Lost Masters aren't shown as having actually lost their hearts... so for the things we know, Ava could have gone to a different Worldline than the others at the time. We can't tell from their interaction exactly WHEN they were summoned from, but it can be assumed the reason they disappeared after the Keyblade War was they were pulled into the present, but Ava should have appeared were that the case, unless there was a mistake in her being summoned... or rather.. a "mistake".