Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dagesh Lene

Rewriting the Story of Kingdom Hearts III [SPOILERS]

Spoiler

While Sora, Donald, and Goofy were in Monstropolis, they learned from Vanitas that the second of the three hearts inside Sora is Ventus’ heart.  Because of this, Aqua takes Sora to Castle Oblivion, which she transforms back into the Land of Departure, so that he can help her wake Ventus up.  However, Sora still has not mastered the power of waking, but when Vanitas shows up and almost kills Aqua, Sora finally learns to master it and wakes Ventus up, who saves Aqua just in time.  Knowing that he doesn’t stand a chance against three Keyblade wielders, Vanitas retreats.

Spoiler

I don't think this should play out the way it already did.

I think Aqua's Rescue and saving Ventus happen way too close and they overshadow each other, i don't think Vanitas should give them the answer about where Ventus's heart is. Aqua should be saved much earlier, mid game. and for the rest of the game till she saved Ven she is looking for what happened to his heart and find a way to restore it. I don't think Aqua is so reckless as to unlock castle oblivion the way she did in kh3 just so that she can push ventus's shoulder a bit as an attempt to wake him. She's tried that before and locked him in a whole world, no way she would risk it.
the only reason Aqua does open it in kh3 is cause the plot knew Sora would go with her and the plot knew that Sora had Ven's heart, this completely undermined Aqua's character and her cautious protective nature since she didn't do any of this and risked Ven's life.

I'm also against Sora defeating all the seekers, i think we should fight some of the seekers at the end of each world as Sora but they dont die and jsut retreat and for the final world have each of the light guardians fight the org members we already fought but with us controlling each of them for each fight. (so we get to play as all of them for at least a fight).

then for the final few remaining we play as Sora who will be joined by other guardians (in rotation like from kh2 and ff characters during 1000 heartless battle)  until only MX is left who we fight along side DOnald and goofy

though i love the opening you suggested, no reason Sora should the choosing weapon part, roxas did it in 2. having kairi do it here would be great

2 hours ago, Byakuyaji said:
  Hide contents

I don't think this should play out the way it already did.

I think Aqua's Rescue and saving Ventus happen way too close and they overshadow each other, i don't think Vanitas should give them the answer about where Ventus's heart is. Aqua should be saved much earlier, mid game. and for the rest of the game till she saved Ven she is looking for what happened to his heart and find a way to restore it. I don't think Aqua is so reckless as to unlock castle oblivion the way she did in kh3 just so that she can push ventus's shoulder a bit as an attempt to wake him. She's tried that before and locked him in a whole world, no way she would risk it.
the only reason Aqua does open it in kh3 is cause the plot knew Sora would go with her and the plot knew that Sora had Ven's heart, this completely undermined Aqua's character and her cautious protective nature since she didn't do any of this and risked Ven's life.

I'm also against Sora defeating all the seekers, i think we should fight some of the seekers at the end of each world as Sora but they dont die and jsut retreat and for the final world have each of the light guardians fight the org members we already fought but with us controlling each of them for each fight. (so we get to play as all of them for at least a fight).

then for the final few remaining we play as Sora who will be joined by other guardians (in rotation like from kh2 and ff characters during 1000 heartless battle)  until only MX is left who we fight along side DOnald and goofy

though i love the opening you suggested, no reason Sora should the choosing weapon part, roxas did it in 2. having kairi do it here would be great

You bring up some good points.  The reason I still had Aqua and Ventus saved so close to each other was that I didn't know what Aqua would be doing in the time between her rescue and Ventus' rescue.  However, I think you come up with a good way to fill her time until Ventus is actually saved.  I think it makes sense that she would immediately want to return to Ventus since that is what she has wanted to do since the end of Birth by Sleep.  I did try to change it up a bit so that her actions made more sense though.  I had her take Sora with her because she finds out that Ventus' heart is inside his and thinks that taking him to Ventus could wake Ventus up.

You also bring up a good way to handle the fights against the seekers of darkness.  However, the reason why I had it happen the way that I did is so that the prophecy of the darkness prevailing over the light would still be fulfilled.  By having the seekers of darkness strike down all of the guardians of light except Sora and Sora suddenly make a miraculous comeback, it parallels what happened in the chess game against Young Eraqus and Young Xehanort.  I didn't specify this in my original post, but I would intend on having the other guardians of light receive their moment in the spotlight while they are fighting the army of darkness shortly after they arrive at the Keyblade Graveyard by having them team up with Sora on rotation.

That's why I rewrote it the way that I did, but I think that your changes are great too.