Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

I'm a bit confused about the power of waking...

So in KH3, Yen Sid tells Sora that he has lost the power of waking. 

But yesterday I was watching a cutscene from the end of 3Ds when Sora jumps back into the sleeping worlds to see his dream eater friends and I noticed the way he does it looks extremely similar to when he used the power of waking in KH3.

So now I'm sort of confused because firstly how did he get back to the sleeping worlds in 3Ds? I might just be forgetting but was the power to create a portal to the sleeping worlds with out time travel explained?

And if the power of waking is using hearts to traverse to worlds, isnt that kind of what he did to get to Traverse Town at the end of 3Ds? Was that what made a portal? 

Because that portal looked real similar to the power of waking portal in kh3. 

I bet I'm just forgetting what that was at the end of 3Ds can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Spoiler

Personally, I view his trip back into the Sleeping Worlds as one that he was able to do because he had been there before and was able to open a portal to that world in a way that would be similar to him opening a gate, rather than using the Power of Waking. While not exactly the gates that we see in KH3, he was essentially using the keyholes of the worlds that had previously been utilized and he had formed a bond with in order to dive into them once again gate style. If he did utilize the PoW, it's worth noting that he didn't LOSE the power, per Yen Sid, his mastery of it was just... not there. That's why he had to train to recover the power, not to learn it anew. So he may have been able to utilize it just enough to dive back into those worlds, Traverse Town in particular (remember, Traverse Town is a town that only becomes available when there is someone out there that NEEDS it), he wouldn't have needed the power that he would in order to dive into someone's sleeping heart within his own or without.

That's my theory anyways. 

Spoiler

I do believe this was the Power of Waking as the portal is exactly the same as the one used to unlock the Sleeping Keyholes (which is basically done through the Power of Waking when you think about it) and also the same as the one he used at the very end of the game to go look for Kairi's heart. What Yen Sid told Sora is that he didn't have a good grasp on his new abilities (including the Power of Waking) and that he had lost MOST of his power (not all of it). Sora is the one who thought he had lost the Power of Waking, but it was always there. So yes I do believe Sora opened the portal to the Realm Of Sleep by using the PoW, but since he clearly doesn't understand how it works, he probably wasn't even aware of what he was doing.

I think the power of waking might be some sort of resurrection through accessing some ones passing heart. This is because at the end of kh3 Mickey tells Sora he can't just use the power of waking how ever he wants there would be consequences for using it in such a way when he went to go get Kairi who was obviously dead. The consequence being his own life and this is why he disappears at the end. But idk so don't take my word just my thoughts

Edited by MilkyCAC
Wanted to add more