Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SomecallmeSonGoku

Am I the only one really disappointed with some of the music? (Spoilers)

Spoiler

Example 1. Final battle againt master xehanort

Why Would Anyone use "RAGE AWAKENED" for this? I mean it first starts out with guardando nel buio, but suddenly bursts into rage awakened. The chorus is singing their guts out, but i feel like they really don't go well together. It sounds like a bad (no offense) *fan orchestral remix* of some sort. I would have rather put oscurita di xehanort for the final battle. Of course the best would have been a nice NEW theme.

Example 2. The Other Promise/Vector to the Heavens

These two tracks are known for their tear wrenching feels tied with them. In other words, these two songs are good because we feel the sorrow and pain inside of them. But why make the song triumphant? It kind of ruins the purpose of said heart wrenching feels, and kinda sounds..loud and bland. But my biggest gripe with the remix was THAT LITTLE PART OF DEARLY BELOVED MISSING. Wouldn't a simpler rendition of roxas's theme(not the other promise)+(dearly beloved part of vector) worked better?

My general gripes with the soundtrack:

1. Not many new songs

2. Loud orchestra and chorus sometimes sound bland together

However I did like some songs. Namely motherf***ing OSCURITA DI XEHANORT. It was forze dell'oscurita but ten times better.

I want everyone reading this to know, I am not questioning yoko's songwriting and the performance of the orchestra. They did a fantastic job.

If you have some points that you agree or disagree on, feel free to reply.

Wow it's been almost 3 years since I visited this site to write stuff on the forums. Kh3 turned out kinda meh, but still it was a satisfying experience. Hope I get to see

Spoiler

Xigbar who's actually luxu but is really a nobody of braig who was the former body of MoM and the somebody of demyx actually being a nobody of Luxu who gained a heart and the ancient keyblade legacy being that MoM was actually italian luxu who went back in time to make a nobody who would gain a heart to become the actual luxu we know.

In the next installments. Kappa

I agree. While I have warmed up to the soundtrack, it still doesn't quite do it for me. Feels like there aren't enough new songs and some of the new ones are kinda forgettable.

That said there are some standout good ones:

Spoiler

The Final World theme, the boss theme that plays for Davy Jones/Dark Baymax, Scala theme, Oscurita di Xehanort as you said.

Unfortunately there were some tracks that were literally re-used from 1.5/2.5. I'm not taking remade like 'The Deep End'. I mean 13th Struggle, 13th Dilemma, Squirming Evil which were just the same versions.

And yeah, combining Guardando Nel Buio with Rage Awakened was odd

Seems like most people really loved the soundtrack, but I was expecting a lot of cool new stuff and I don't think we got that.

9 hours ago, SomecallmeSonGoku said:
  Hide contents

Example 1. Final battle againt master xehanort

Why Would Anyone use "RAGE AWAKENED" for this? I mean it first starts out with guardando nel buio, but suddenly bursts into rage awakened. The chorus is singing their guts out, but i feel like they really don't go well together. It sounds like a bad (no offense) *fan orchestral remix* of some sort. I would have rather put oscurita di xehanort for the final battle. Of course the best would have been a nice NEW theme.

Example 2. The Other Promise/Vector to the Heavens

These two tracks are known for their tear wrenching feels tied with them. In other words, these two songs are good because we feel the sorrow and pain inside of them. But why make the song triumphant? It kind of ruins the purpose of said heart wrenching feels, and kinda sounds..loud and bland. But my biggest gripe with the remix was THAT LITTLE PART OF DEARLY BELOVED MISSING. Wouldn't a simpler rendition of roxas's theme(not the other promise)+(dearly beloved part of vector) worked better?

My general gripes with the soundtrack:

1. Not many new songs

2. Loud orchestra and chorus sometimes sound bland together

However I did like some songs. Namely motherf***ing OSCURITA DI XEHANORT. It was forze dell'oscurita but ten times better.

I want everyone reading this to know, I am not questioning yoko's songwriting and the performance of the orchestra. They did a fantastic job.

If you have some points that you agree or disagree on, feel free to reply.

Wow it's been almost 3 years since I visited this site to write stuff on the forums. Kh3 turned out kinda meh, but still it was a satisfying experience. Hope I get to see

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

Xigbar who's actually luxu but is really a nobody of braig who was the former body of MoM and the somebody of demyx actually being a nobody of Luxu who gained a heart and the ancient keyblade legacy being that MoM was actually italian luxu who went back in time to make a nobody who would gain a heart to become the actual luxu we know.

Spoiler

The final boss theme was ... not very good. But I think Takeharu Ishimoto was responsible for that one, it doesn't really sound like something Yoko Shimomura would compose. She's been using less and less synthetic instruments since the HD remixes and her tracks usually don't have 30 000 elements playing at the same time. On the other hand, Ishimoto seems to like using a more electronic sound in his tracks (i.e. Dissidia NT & some Type-0 tracks). 

I think that we didn't get as many new tracks because Shimomura had to compose a lot of cutscene-specific tracks. That means that she probably had to wait for the cutscenes to be finished to compose a bunch of tracks and it probably took a lot of time. 

Personally, I absolutely LOVED every Keyblade Graveyard track. Keyblade Graveyard Horizon was beautiful and unsettling at the same time, Oscurita Di Xehanort was EPIC, that Rage Awakened arrangement in the fight with Terra-Xehanort SO EMOTIONAL and personally I loved The Other Promise/Vector to the Heavens SO MUCH. In the other games, it made sense to have a sad arrangement of the tracks because of what was happening (Xion and Roxas fighting, Roxas resigning to live within Sora). Our heroes were in pain back then, but now it's a VICTORY ANTHEM. Our heroes were conquering fate, it wouldn't have made sense for the arrangement to be sad.

I really liked most of the field themes and battle themes (them Tension Rising arrangements *.*). Wasn't a fan of the music in the Caribbean and San Fransokyo, but it wasn't bad. Overall, I think I preferred this OST to the others, but it's hard to say since I didn't really get to hear the tracks composed for the cutscenes without audio over them.

People are saying Shimomura didn't work much on that one. I know Ishimoto composed 21 tracks, Yoshitaka Suzuki composed 4 or 5...and Sekito worked on it too. I still think Shimomura did most of it though, but I guess we'll see once the soundtrack is released.

Edited by PrinceNoctis

Spoiler

I was so pissed with that boss theme, honestly the Scala field track would have worked great, but yeah they needed a new one. WHY RAGE AWAKENED GOD DAMMIT. A lot of the tracks were returning ones, but I still enjoy them. Vector/Other Promise mix was amazing imo, and the music against Ansem, Xemnas and YX. I just don't understand why there was so much rage awakened in the 2nd and 3rd final boss phase, I think the one in the 2nd phase against Armoured Xehanort worked best, but still. DID NOT NEED RAGE AWAKENED.

I think the soundtrack is pretty solid overall (didn't mind the use of old tracks since the remixes they got are sweet), but some of the new boss tracks are definitely disappointing.

I'm more annoyed by how certain songs were used in the wrong circumstances. "Tension Rising" is a Nobody song yet one version plays during the Angelic Amber fight.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:58 AM, Karxrida said:

I think the soundtrack is pretty solid overall (didn't mind the use of old tracks since the remixes they got are sweet), but some of the new boss tracks are definitely disappointing.

I'm more annoyed by how certain songs were used in the wrong circumstances. "Tension Rising" is a Nobody song yet one version plays during the Angelic Amber fight.

yeah, also thinking about tension rising makes me think there was a missed opportunity for us to fight a darkside AND a twilight thorn. with a badass theme like destiny force.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:21 AM, SomecallmeSonGoku said:

Hide contents

This part made me lol. I can't really tell if you were being serious because this sounds like a mind screw to me, but it also sounds kinda legit and I would enjoy that.

None of the final boss or even boss tracks were composed by Yoko Shimomura, she only composed the music for the early worlds and Final world + Scala area theme, it was disappointing I agree. I hope she makes some new songs for re:mind

also the music was too quiet in my opinion

Edited by Rincewind

On 1/17/2020 at 12:13 AM, Rincewind said:

None of the final boss or even boss tracks were composed by Yoko Shimomura, she only composed the music for the early worlds and Final world + Scala area theme, it was disappointing I agree. I hope she makes some new songs for re:mind

also the music was too quiet in my opinion

While the arrangements were very good, it was a letdown that the grand finale of KH so far only had a remix - a good remix but a remix nonetheless - as the final boss theme.

It seems like a hell of a lot of KH3 was just made as a normal KH game when really we were led to expect something a bit grander in all aspects, or at least something following the baseline standards set by previous main entries

I really loved a lot of the new music, but I totally understand. The new boss battle themes and the world themes were amazing, some of the smaller tracks were tough to remember. They were still enjoyable though. Hopefully we get an official soundtrack announcement soon, now that ReMind is about to release.