Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Buttercup Camera

Why is KH3 already getting so much hate?

On 2/11/2019 at 5:12 PM, corpiman said:
  Hide contents

What do you mean about that? Kairi I sorta understand, but she was never built up to be a fighter, her main point is that the is the one who motivates Sora to keep going ever since KH1 which is what she does in this game, she is literally the reason he manages to not disappear completely, yea all that "she is training with merlin to be a keyblade wielder" amounted to almost nothing, but if she had stayed as just a princess of heart (which was stated that she didn't lose that power) there would've been no reason for her to go to the battlefield, her true reason to exist is to be Sora's guide, and she was, plus it would've been even more ridiculous that she would've suddenly be able to take down Xemnas, even if she trained, but as you said, people are overreacting

and Xion, what's the problem it makes sense that she is there, it is shown multiple times that the new organization is lacking members and if Xehanort believes that he can bring known traitors  like Marluxia and Larxene why wouldn't he bring back Xion, they had Vexen working the replicas for them and she is the first success after Riku replica, she seemed to be quite obedient to the bad guys until her heart reacts to Axel and Sora/Roxas

or do you mean how they brought her back to the good side? it is stated that even "puppets" can develop hearts with enough nurturing and the way to help a heart return is via a connection so in that moment he was surrounded by one of her best friends and Sora who is where she came from and who has her heart inside her, TL;DR the way they brought her back makes sense

The big problem with Xion is her heart. Where and when did the organization take it? We know it was inside Sora's heart... But that's it. We have no clue on how they took it out. We have seen Ven's and Roxas's hearts come out, but not Xion's. And it can't be time travel, because 

1 in that case we would have Xion's heart both inside Sora's and inside her body... At the same time... That can't work.

2 seeing how Xion's acted at the end of the Saix fight, I think it's heavily implied she's the present one, the one that returned to Sora.

Basically, it doesn't make sense that she's there because her heart should still be inside Sora's heart.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I really liked the game and many parts of the story, but it's understandable that for some people ignoring inconsistencies isn't that easy.

2 hours ago, Zimomo said:

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

The big problem with Xion is her heart. Where and when did the organization take it? We know it was inside Sora's heart... But that's it. We have no clue on how they took it out. We have seen Ven's and Roxas's hearts come out, but not Xion's. And it can't be time travel, because 

1 in that case we would have Xion's heart both inside Sora's and inside her body... At the same time... That can't work.

2 seeing how Xion's acted at the end of the Saix fight, I think it's heavily implied she's the present one, the one that returned to Sora.

Basically, it doesn't make sense that she's there because her heart should still be inside Sora's heart.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I really liked the game and many parts of the story, but it's understandable that for some people ignoring inconsistencies isn't that easy.

Spoiler

It's pretty simple, up until that moment with Axel and Sora, that Xion was just an empty puppet (like they always called her) she is actually one of the easier members of new Org to explain, considering that maybe since they created her they could have a "backup" of her data somewhere, and just load that into a new body, she is just like the Riku repilica is at the start of CoM, before he develops his own heart, remember it has been shown that Xion can be "reprogrammed" like Xemnas did at the end of 358 days

So Xion, an empty puppet at this point is quite obedient to the organization, it is until she interacts with Axel's suffering and Sora/Roxas that she returns (remember, Roxas says, not 3 minutes later, that connections help hearts return) that's why she screams in pain after hearing her own name, her memories and experiences in her heart are flowing from Sora into her new body, and that is a powerful experience, as Naminé said at the end of Re:Coded and Sora felt when he experienced Roxas' memories in DDD

TL:DR Xion was being used as a mindless, easily controlled puppet with no need for a heart, until she reacted to her own heart inside Sora and became her true self again

2 hours ago, corpiman said:
  Hide contents

It's pretty simple, up until that moment with Axel and Sora, that Xion was just an empty puppet (like they always called her) she is actually one of the easier members of new Org to explain, considering that maybe since they created her they could have a "backup" of her data somewhere, and just load that into a new body, she is just like the Riku repilica is at the start of CoM, before he develops his own heart, remember it has been shown that Xion can be "reprogrammed" like Xemnas did at the end of 358 days

So Xion, an empty puppet at this point is quite obedient to the organization, it is until she interacts with Axel's suffering and Sora/Roxas that she returns (remember, Roxas says, not 3 minutes later, that connections help hearts return) that's why she screams in pain after hearing her own name, her memories and experiences in her heart are flowing from Sora into her new body, and that is a powerful experience, as Naminé said at the end of Re:Coded and Sora felt when he experienced Roxas' memories in DDD

TL:DR Xion was being used as a mindless, easily controlled puppet with no need for a heart, until she reacted to her own heart inside Sora and became her true self again

I'd completely  agree with you... but the problem I see here is that the game REALLY needed to show this in a better way for me to say "Ok, this is definitely what happened". In any case, this is the best explanation I've seen so far, thanks. One of the problems I had with the game's story was half solved. 

42 minutes ago, Zimomo said:

Hide contents

I'd completely  agree with you... but the problem I see here is that the game REALLY needed to show this in a better way for me to say "Ok, this is definitely what happened". In any case, this is the best explanation I've seen so far, thanks. One of the problems I had with the game's story was half solved. 

Spoiler

Fair enough, thank you for your comment, the game really wants you to have played everything beforehand and enjoy going back on analyzing past plot points, big and small

3 hours ago, corpiman said:
  SPOILERS: Click to reveal

Wow! Excellent detailed analysis on that!

2 minutes ago, corpiman said:

Thanks! I just...enjoy KH a lot I guess, lol

That portion of the game has certainly raised some questions and even some theories on youtube, but your analysis pretty much cleared that up. But if they do a Final Mix, I think a additional cutscene or two would help clear the confusion for everyone.

22 minutes ago, SweetYetSalty said:

That portion of the game has certainly raised some questions and even some theories on youtube, but your analysis pretty much cleared that up. But if they do a Final Mix, I think a additional cutscene or two would help clear the confusion for everyone.

Spoiler

I really hope they do, seems easier to do now than in the ps2 era, just make it a digital add-on, some new cutscenes and things like ng+ critical mode and a REAL super boss not the joke that is inferno would be enough for me

My main 3 complaints are difficulty.  No formiddable opponents. In past kh games. There were bosses that punished you for not playing a certain strategy (looking at you young xehanort bbs) no boss would outright kill you.  My first time playing kh2fm i died to pete of all bosses.  Kh3 lacks the difficulty that makes you rage quit and no exp dont count.

2 colosium with no cups is a total let down. A majority of side content has always been here.

And 3 one super boss.  Theres almost no post game.  Ultima isnt even worth getting cause theres nothing to use it on.

I can live without FF. the main campaign is solid. Loved it but those are this iterations flaws for me

I haven't really looked in here that much, but over at khinsider there is a lot of disappointment, especially with story elements. I've read so much negativity about the game from that site, and it's from genuine fans of the series who are genuinely disappointed.

I had fun with the game though. :)