Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
polowogs

What do you rate Kingdom Hearts III out of 10?

What do you rate Kingdom Hearts III out of 10?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What do you rate Kingdom Hearts III out of 10?

The game was good, I don’t have doubts about that but I feel that it was lacking compared to Kingdom Hearts 2. My reason is:

1. I don’t really get what the Secret Ending was about.

2. The Keyblades Sora was supposed to have did not appear here, such as the Oathkeeper and the Oblivion Keyblade.

3. The content of the story was not as deep as it was in Kingdom Hearts 2 and the game was not really challenging enough to have it on the same level.

4. I just wish the game did not break from the tradition of having secret characters be fought against as secret bosses, in order to expect the things to come.

5.  It had many unnecessary elements on it that it basically puts it back on the same level as the first Kingdom Hearts.

For the record, my 8 vote is more of an "8.9" vote. The only thing keeping it from being a full 9 is just a couple of gameplay/story issues or gaps that I feel could easily be solved or at least softened by a much needed and requested "Final Mix" DLC bundle (more scenes, more original worlds, more explorability in original worlds, boss rematches, an "ACTUAL" secret boss, etc.). If they can do that, it will go up to a solid 9 (maybe even a 9.5 Remix, lol). The only thing that would keep it from being a 10 is just the simple fact that expectations for this game were LOFTY, and I long since made peace with the fact that it wouldn't be hitting every note I was hoping to see from it. Plus, I also feel like any additions they add now should have been in there from the very beginning, we don't live in that old PS2 era anymore Square, come on.

I put 9, but it would be more of a 8.7 (Yes, I was hating on IGN for giving the game a 8.7 instead of a 9, but I understand now). I don't think it's deserving of a full 9 (yet). I only have VERY small issues with the story and I feel like the game was too easy, but I do think it's the best KH game out of all of them. If I'd put 8, that woul've meant the other KH games would be rated 7.9 and less and I think they deserve better scores...Am I making sense? lol

I love the game and it's one of the best and one of my favorite Kingdom Hearts games in the series. This game is definitely flawed no doubt but the game is still fun and enjoyable. However, if Kingdom Hearts 3's third act was better paced, gave each original KH characters more screen time before the Keyblade Graveyard, and have a bunch of post-game content than I would've gave this game at least a 8.9 out of 10. But instead I've gave Kingdom Hearts 3 a "8 out of 10." 

My vote is 9 and KH3 has become my favourite KH game (but I still love you, KH1!). It's insanely fun and beautiful and it has the best gameplay in the series. The problem is that despite having more depth than KH2's combat, it doesn't really get a chance to shine because the game is too easy. KH2 had the same problem and Final Mix fixed it, so I hope it will be the same for KH3.

Story: I enjoyed it and I don't really have major gripes with it. I LOVED the ending and I'm completely satisfied with it, although I would have like a better pacing. 

Worlds: some worlds were amazing while some were less amazing, but nonetheless definitely better than every world from the previous games. 

Gameplay: only gripes are that the game is too easy and "too much at once". Other than that, the game is insanely fun and the gameplay is not as shallow as it seems, quite the opposite. Once and if we get a proper Critical mode, I'm sure that more people will warm up to it because it has a lot of potential.

Content: I'm fine with it considering this is a vanilla version. This game might be lacking in the combat department, but it's not really a big problem with me because I'd like for them to tweak the gameplay first. KH2FM shows us how important a good gameplay is while BbS shows us that if the gameplay is fundamentally flawed, having 56 superbosses won't help because they won't be fun. Aside from combat, this game has a lot of content compared to the other games and I'm satisfied with it. Gummiship is AMAZING and I hated it in the previous games. I'm really surprised and I wasn't expecting to love it, at all.

Overall a great game and a worthy end to this saga. Can easily become a 10 with a good Final Mix/DLC pack/whatever. 

11/10 for me.

The only thing that disappoint me (but doesnt change the fact that this game is the best one of the series) is that we don't see any FF character like at all.

I really don't understand how people say: 

'oh, the post game content is shit'

'KH2FM is waaaay better'

'The pacing of this game is shit'

etc.

The post game content is the "minigame" which is a lot of minigame. Stop your whining for not being able to fight Sephiroth secret boss again.

KH2FM is fun yes. But KH3 is way more fun for me so f you.

Pacing doesnt affect shit, it's the type of game that slow at first and hit hard at the end. So shut the frick up.

And someone even said that the secret ending is meaningless. Blyat, did you even know who tf is that 3 person in armour back in Kh2fm?! GTFO plebz

The world is vast, the graphic is so beautiful, they bring back alot of fan favourite character back. Xehanort admits that he lost and a happy ending. well bittersweet ending technically because sora is thanosed. But then what? You know that sora is okay because of the Secret Ending.

And fyi: i hate x keepers except TGJ he is a funny guy.

I debated between 8 and 9 for like 5 minutes before finally choosing 8. Though honestly, it's more of an 8.5. I thought the game was fabulous, definitely one of the best in the series. I won't go on a long spiel here because I already posted my review and opinions on the Disney worlds a few days ago, but an 8.5 is definitely my score. 

9 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I debated between 8 and 9 for like 5 minutes before finally choosing 8. Though honestly, it's more of an 8.5. I thought the game was fabulous, definitely one of the best in the series. I won't go on a long spiel here because I already posted my review and opinions on the Disney worlds a few days ago, but an 8.5 is definitely my score. 

Glad to see I wasn't the only one debating over 8 or 9 for awhile! :D  I ultimately ended up clicking 8 as well, I do hope a critical mode and some post game content will be incorporated at some point. Even if you end up having to buy it separate.