Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ursalink

Pattern detected in the Secret Endings

Well, this is not too much spoiler; just analysing past games and how it can affect Kingdom Hearts III. You see, the end of each game always follow the same estructure: Ending, Credits, Epilogue, Secret Ending and "Eventual extension". Let me show you:  

1º) Kingdom Hearts I:  
+ Ending: Ansem's defeat.   
+ Credits: Credit Scenes.   
+ Epilogue: "On our way" (When the Trio saw Pluto with Mickey's letter).   
+ Secret Ending: "Another Side, Another Story"  
+ "Eventual Extension": "Deep Dive" (from Final Mix).   

2º) Kingdom Hearts II:  
+ Ending: Xenma's defeat and return to home.     
+ Epilogue: "Mickey's Letter"    
+ Secret Ending: "The Gathering"    
+ "Eventual Extension": "Birth by Sleep".   

3º) Kingdom Hearts - Birth By Sleep:    
+ Ending: Final Chapter's ending. (After completing the other 3 chapters).      
+ Credits: Final Chapter's credits.   
+ Epilogue: "Ventus Stays with Sora".     
+ Secret Ending: "Black Points"    
+ "Eventual Extension": "A Fragmentary Passage".   

4º) Kingdom Hearts - Drem Drops Distance:    
+ Ending: Sora rescued.     
+ Credits: Credits and Minigame (Secret Message Unlocked).     
+ Epilogue: Sora and the Spirits/Ventus.   
+ Secret Ending: "Another Guardian of Light"    

5º) Kingdom Hearts - Coded:    
+ Ending: Talk with Namine.     
+ Epilogue: "Mickey's Letter".     
+ Secret Ending: "Signs of What's Next"    
+ "Eventual Extension": "Destiny".   

So, if we follow this pattern, we can guess this:  

Kingdom Hearts III:   
+ Ending: Celebration/Where's Sora?    
+ Epilogue: "Return of the Lost Masters"    
+ Secret Ending: "Yozora"  
+ "Eventual Extension": None yet, but we could have one in a future DLC.

There are some patterns too into the content of the game, but I will talk about them after some replies.   

Edited by Ursalink

On 2/15/2019 at 3:19 PM, Mkucherina said:
  Hide contents

I think at the point it can be inferred that we will be getting some sort of extension on that Yozora ending

Yes, that's exactly what I mean!! I hope to be right. 

Now, about the other aspects of the endings, they always have some elements in common:  

1º) It has characters that, for some reason, they have their faces hidden because they could reveal important information. For example:  
+ "Another Side, Another Story": Roxas, who was Sora's Nobody.   
+ "The Gathering"/"Birth by Sleep": Ventus, who looked just like Roxas. Aqua, who looked similar to Kairi. Terra, who shared similarities with Riku. And Vanitas, who looks just like Sora.   

2º) It shows a new world, which usually represents the place where the climax for the next adventure will take place. This, however, doesn't stop Disney Worlds to appear. For example:  
+ "Another Side, Another Story": The World that Never Existed.   
+ "The Gathering"/"Birth by Sleep": The Keyblade Graveyard. 

Edited by Ursalink

22 hours ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Well... what really confuses me it's the place they're in. You know that place comes from another game... Maybe a Dissidia esque video game is coming?

Neko's last words to Sora in Dream Drop Distance was "See you in Shibuya" so what it's probably going to be is a Kingdom Hearts, World Ends With You, Final Fantasy Versus 13 crossover. 

So basically "The World Ends With Kingdom Hearts Versus 13"

On 2/19/2019 at 2:24 PM, Fullmetal Keyblade said:

Neko's last words to Sora in Dream Drop Distance was "See you in Shibuya" so what it's probably going to be is a Kingdom Hearts, World Ends With You, Final Fantasy Versus 13 crossover. 

So basically "The World Ends With Kingdom Hearts Versus 13"

I don't see how that would work with the KH Formula since it would look weird IMO, it's not impossible tho, unless they address it in both games...still confused

On 2/18/2019 at 11:51 PM, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Well... what really confuses me it's the place they're in. You know that place comes from another game... Maybe a Dissidia esque video game is coming?

I doubt it, characters from Final Fantasy lives in KH Universe, but with different lives. Tidus is a kid who lives at Destiny Islands and have Sora's same age. Leon, Cloud and others seem to come from Radiant Garden. So, using the real universes of their Final Fantasy games is out of the possibilities. 

On 2/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, Ursalink said:

I doubt it, characters from Final Fantasy lives in KH Universe, but with different lives. Tidus is a kid who lives at Destiny Islands and have Sora's same age. Leon, Cloud and others seem to come from Radiant Garden. So, using the real universes of their Final Fantasy games is out of the possibilities. 

This ending is a total confuzzle IMO. Wonder what it means?

On 2/27/2019 at 3:05 PM, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

This ending is a total confuzzle IMO. Wonder what it means?

Spoiler

If you mean "Yozora", I'm totally with you, pal. However, recently, Nomura said that the Shibuya we see in this ending is not the same one from TWEWY; but a Shibuya from "another reality". I don't know what in blazes that means, but after what we saw in the recent update on KH:UX, I have a few suspictions. 

If you mean the ending of my words in the previous post, I mean the worlds of the original stories from ALL Final Fantasy characters won't appear here. All characters of Square Enix that appear in Kingdom Hearts have similar but different lives in the universe of Kingdom Hearts. They are adapted to the universe of KH, while Disney's characters remain loyal to their original selves (at least, most of them, as an exception can be the Olympus Colisseum) until Sora intervines in their worlds. 

I noticed something else about the secret movies 

between the main titles KH1 & KH2, the two secret endings - the base game's and Final Mix's - both are roughly the same length

The base secret movie is ~1:30 minutes long, and

The Final Mix movie is ~3:00 minutes long

Now whats interesting about KH3's secret ending, is that it is not 1:30 minutes long like the other two, but it has something significant happen at exactly the 1:30 minute mark. 

Spoiler

In the KH3 secret ending, the showing of the major city of Shinjuku/Shibuya, and the Deep Dive music stops, fades to black, and cuts to Tokyo Metropolitan building with Somnus playing at exactly 1:30 minutes. I find it interesting that they included a teaser for a character with a theme clearly originally from another Square Enix series exactly at the point where the first secret ending would normally end, as if the two are separated. Maybe nothing but I thought it was a curious coincidence at least.

Also from this pattern, the "big DLC" may possibly contain a secret ending at least 3:00 mins long as well.

Edited by AnotherXehanort13