Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

There's a Disney world topic, why not an original world one?

Spoiler

I'll tell you why, because they're non-existent ahahahhahahahahahah

Anyways, Mine would be:

1) Land of Departure. We got more than we expected from this game, and hearing the music change to the LoD theme was an insane trip. It felt triumphant. Also it looked rly pretty

2) The Final World - I had no idea what to expect from this world, and it was definitely a sombre experience for me. It was also amazingly cool.

3) Realm of Darkness - Tbh, I didn't expect this world to be anything other than a Boss fight so it delivered pretty well in that respect

4) Keyblade Graveyard - I pretty much got what I expected, I have no complaints with this one, just that it felt like it was a little cut down on.

5) Scala ad Caelum - Ahhh cable town. We had hopes for you. Well that won't be happening again. So beautiful to look at. Such an amazing theme. Ahh well.

6) Destiny Islands - No one really thought they'd ever be playable again, which is really a sad indictment on the series, that this is what we've come to expect from it. Had more plot relevance than certain other worlds on this list and I guess that's the best we can hope for moving forward.

7) Mysterious Tower - Kinda annoying that it was cutscene only, as KH3 is really lacking in neutral areas to just chill out in, but then again, if anything should be cut it's this world. Boring af in every iteration.

? Radiant Garden - Huge disappointment it was cutscene only, still, we got a good look at it and saw some nice interactions go down there.

9) Disney Castle's Library -  It was nice attention to detail that they kept that background just to use it in a skype call.

10) Twilight Town.

31 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

There's a Disney world topic, why not an original world one?

Hide contents

I'll tell you why, because they're non-existent ahahahhahahahahahah

Anyways, Mine would be:

1) Land of Departure. We got more than we expected from this game, and hearing the music change to the LoD theme was an insane trip. It felt triumphant. Also it looked rly pretty

2) The Final World - I had no idea what to expect from this world, and it was definitely a sombre experience for me. It was also amazingly cool.

3) Realm of Darkness - Tbh, I didn't expect this world to be anything other than a Boss fight so it delivered pretty well in that respect

4) Keyblade Graveyard - I pretty much got what I expected, I have no complaints with this one, just that it felt like it was a little cut down on.

5) Scala ad Caelum - Ahhh cable town. We had hopes for you. Well that won't be happening again. So beautiful to look at. Such an amazing theme. Ahh well.

6) Destiny Islands - No one really thought they'd ever be playable again, which is really a sad indictment on the series, that this is what we've come to expect from it. Had more plot relevance than certain other worlds on this list and I guess that's the best we can hope for moving forward.

7) Mysterious Tower - Kinda annoying that it was cutscene only, as KH3 is really lacking in neutral areas to just chill out in, but then again, if anything should be cut it's this world. Boring af in every iteration.

? Radiant Garden - Huge disappointment it was cutscene only, still, we got a good look at it and saw some nice interactions go down there.

9) Disney Castle's Library -  It was nice attention to detail that they kept that background just to use it in a skype call.

10) Twilight Town.

Spoiler

I was so disappointed that we weren't able to explore scala more.

I'm going to rank all of the playable worlds because I can't say much about the unvisitable worlds, apart from that they were cool easter eggs.

Spoiler

1. Keyblade Graveyard - All the fights, and the cutscenes after the fights were pretty fantastic. Also, the iconic Yen 'Jesus' Sid parting the sea of heartless, was mindblowing.

2. Twilight Town - It was great revisiting the town, although it didn't include some of the most iconic locations, I loved it. 

3. Scala Ad Caelum - I loved the world, but I wish we could've explored it, but the boss fight was epic.

4. Dark World & The Final World - They were cool, but didn't really add that much to my satisfaction. Dark World was basically nothing but cutscenes, which I loved, and the boss fights were great, but I kind of expected us to be able to revisit it as a whole world like in 0.2. The Final World was a great palette cleanser, and there were some easter eggs if you looked hard which I really appreciated, other than that, pretty meh.

Spoiler

In general I was very disappointed that we didn't get to explore the original worlds more.  There was such a huge focus on Disney in general, in this game, and the worlds were of no exception.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Disney worlds, but I prefer the original content of KH more and would've enjoyed more exploration of the original worlds.  I'm not going to even rate the non-playable worlds because I'm aggravated that we didn't get to explore them, haha! but I will focus on the ones that we could land our feet on:

1.) Scala ad Caelum – Beautiful landscape and a land with an intriguing past.  I just so greatly wish that we had been able to explore the world more.  This was a huge disappointment to me.
2.) Final World – This one was just . . . wow.  I loved how imaginative and abstract it was.  It was so symbolic and moving.  Many points from me here, even if it was a short addition.
3.) Land of Departure – Again, while brief, it was beautiful, and it was an exciting blast from the past to boot.  Great music!
4.) Twilight Town – Not much can be said here, except that it was nice to revisit an old favorite.
5.) Realm of Darkness – Dark Aqua was awesome and her fight was perhaps my favorite in the game.
6.) Keyblade Graveyard – I was honestly not impressed by this one.  It just felt drab in comparison to its potential, and each area looked kind of recycled to me.

1 hour ago, 2 quid is good said:

I pretty much agree with that but I was just feeling salty

i would have felt the same way but i didn't really expect it to be there at all so it blew me away.

we haven't talked aboot it since i beat it, we need to have that convo yo, i'm looking forward to our clash of opinions! ohhhh the X-blade we will create...

I'll list the playable worlds.

Spoiler

1. Keyblade Graveyard. It's a KH fans dream come true. Amazing boss fights, characters return and join your party (sadly only for one fight) something always bad happens here. Overall this was the best part of the game for me. Because it gave me the main reason I was playing the game to begin with. The characters. I'm going to have to make sure to create a save file right before the Keyblade Graveyard so I can relive it all again and again whenever I want.

2. Land of Departure. Cool to play as Aqua and beat up Vanitas. Great cutscenes and Ventus wakes up. Best of all you can take a picture with Aqua. One of the rare Guardians of Light that gets this honor in the game. Certainly can't take one with Riku, Kairi or anyone else. I don't think she poses for the camera though. One of many missed opportunities.

3. Scala Ad Caelum. Even though it's just a battle world, what a battle it is and the world itself is beautiful. I do wish it was a actual world with stuff to do, explore the undersea and find little secrets.

4. Twilight Town. Without a doubt the most disappointing version of Twilight Town I've played so far. While not terrible it lacks what made it great in the other games. It's visually beautiful but so limited.

5. Final World. Not bad I guess. I just wish I hadn't skipped the Namine scene. Had not, this probably would have ranked higher then Twilight Town...maybe. Seriously why is Namine's only speaking part skippable? :(

6. Realm of Darkness. I honestly have nothing to say about this world. Other then the cool Demon Tower theme and playing briefly as Riku, this world was forgettable for me. Even the Anti Aqua boss fight was forgettable. I heard she has dialogue in the fight too. I'll have to go back and play it someday because I finished the fight so quickly I barely even remember her attack patterns.

Spoiler

8. Everything that wasn't playable. RG, Timeless forest, Destiny Islands, Mysterious Tower.

7. Station of Awakening. It's meh.

6. Realm of Darkness. Nothing much to say about this, a nice boss fight against Aqua, a couple of Riku segments. Pretty dull tbh.

5. Land of Departure. Fun boss, but otherwise it's just a room. At least there's some free movement and a save point, unlike RoD.

4. Scala ad Caelum. It's very cool to look at when you aren't fighting something. Sadly, that's all you're doing here

3. Twilight Town. There's a smidgeon of a world here. A few things to do, has npcs and nice ambience. But disappointing nonetheless.

2. Keyblade Graveyard. It gets here by default for being the longest original world. Very oppressive and cool atmosphere but quite samey. The labyrinth construction was a nice touch though.

1. The Final World. Peaceful, eerie, sombre. I love the atmosphere here. The music is my favourite in the entire game. The finding clones minigame is the best non-combat gameplay outside of gummi ships imo - especially with the platforming, shifting terrain and non-linear elements. This is the only original world that I can say I loved. Also, I can count the Darkside boss here from the start.