Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Yeah so I've talked about my problem with the pacing being atrocious but when it comes to the actual story of kh3 I'm generally positive. It would have actually been my favorite if:

Spoiler

it didn't screw up SO HARD during the key blade graveyard segment. 

The tldr is that most characters seem...worthless. like really. They do nothing. With the exception of maybe Axel,riku and sora, the guardians are useless. Sora has to win THEIR fights for them. It takes away from the experience SO MUCH when you, as sora,  have to be the one to defeat Vanitas. It's not Sora's fight to win. Same goes for Terranort and of course...Xemnas. For the life of me I cannot understand just HOW nomura, being the genius he is, let SORA BE THE ONE TO FINISH XEMNAS. WHERE WAS ROXAS!?!? OH he had "catching up to do". Catching up we never even got to see. We have already seen Sora defeat Xemnas 2 goddamn times. The most fitting character to put an end to him was absent. For literally NO reason. That's what I mean by useless. The returning characters didn't even defeat their enemies. Like, why even bring Roxas back? To defeat firetruckEN SAIX? A GOOBER HE'S DESTROYED IN THE PAST? Xion does nothing, Mickey does nothing, Aqua does nothing(crying when sora brings terra back doesn't count), Kairi does worse than nothing and becomes a plot device again and all terra does is reveal that eraqus was inside him. Sora should have never been there to defeat everyone's enemies. The last words the seekers spoke before fading would be SO MUCH MORE IMPACTFUL IF THEY WERE SAID TO THE FITTING CHARACTERS. 

Spoiler

I mean... I do think it would've been awesome to have this as well but I think the scenes delivered, and so the reunions. I always thought there was going to be this particular segment in TKG where you got to play as each guardian in their particular battle, thus leaving Sora for Xehanort at the end. I was kinda disappointed about Kairi as well. Not only we didn't see her even on cutscenes as a fighter but also she was the princess in distress... again. I hope they might save her moves for the next game, where both her and Sora are playable in an attempt to reunite. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Spoiler

I get the pacing problems and I agree. There was very little plot until they did dumped it all at the end. They could've had pieces of this happen throughout the game or at least give it a middle or something. I too loved the reunions but felt they let the chance to have multiple playable characters with all their different abilities and fighting styles go to waste. Our current generation consoles have this capability so there wasn't much excuse. Playable Axel/Lea vs Saix should've happened tyvm lol. We also didn't get much time to see them unite and interact once they all got saved. Overall though I got great joy out of seeing everyone reunited. I cried like a baby haha...The thing about Kairi is - yes they could give her more action and more spotlight. I think we were all waiting for that finally and thus it was a disappointment. It was also a disappointment to re-use the same plot device ( kidnapping)..However I will say people forget she was the reason Sora was saved AGAIN and the reason he could come back to save everyone else.There is something to say to that and she wasn't useless. What was she supposed to do against Xemnas? What was Axel/Lea suppose to do against Xemnas? This character needed both Riku and Sora to defeat him the first time they battled him and it wiped them out. I do think they could have done better showing what Axel/Lea and Kairi could do and learned while training and see them fight better though. We know what Aqua can do from previous games but you wouldn't know it either in KH3. How does Vanitas best her again? Ugh. But Nomura dropped that shoe for sure. So overall, I agree with you.

I think they did it so that you could actually play those fights, which is stupid, because you get to play as Aqua and Riku at earlier points in the games.  I kinda like how they helped you out, but it would have been cool if you could have played as Lea or Kairi or Roxas and have Sora aid you in the fight.