Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
IwasBornAsVentus

About Replicas

It is also hinted that Naminé does age between CoM and KHII as in the year+ between time you see her dress fit a little shorter on her. This is going off the PS2 models so it’s something that was changed deliberately if anything.

19 minutes ago, LunaCatte said:

It is also hinted that Naminé does age between CoM and KHII as in the year+ between time you see her dress fit a little shorter on her. This is going off the PS2 models so it’s something that was changed deliberately if anything.

She wasn't a replica then though. Namine back then technically had no real body even then as she was an anomoly like stated in the reports. Kairi had her soul and body and Namine was made from Kairi's heart using Sora's darkness when leaving his body when he stabbed himself.

25 minutes ago, HarLea Quinn said:

She wasn't a replica then though. Namine back then technically had no real body even then as she was an anomoly like stated in the reports. Kairi had her soul and body and Namine was made from Kairi's heart using Sora's darkness when leaving his body when he stabbed himself.

Oh gosh, that's right @_@ My brain farted for a second. I would say that it still works, though, just due to how it was mentioned that they did say the Replicas would be essentially humans in their entirety, as you said as well. I was just thinking with them having been Nobodies it would be kind of a similar thing since Nobodies age still (apparently) at least to some extent.

6 minutes ago, LunaCatte said:

Oh gosh, that's right @_@ My brain farted for a second. I would say that it still works, though, just due to how it was mentioned that they did say the Replicas would be essentially humans in their entirety, as you said as well. I was just thinking with them having been Nobodies it would be kind of a similar thing since Nobodies age still (apparently) at least to some extent.

Well nobodies don't age according to Nomura lol. However, since it looks like several of them do age like Axel, Saix, and Zexion we can't say much about Nomura's inconsistency. Unless he's saying they all grew a large amount in about one years time from when we see them in BBS lol. Or one could argue since Nobodies can regrow hearts in the proper conditions maybe they started growing their hearts back and also grew bc of this. ( like Axel growing a heart being around Sora and Roxas) But yeah I agree replicas can prolly age being essentially very much like real humans.

7 minutes ago, HarLea Quinn said:

Well nobodies don't age according to Nomura lol. However, since it looks like several of them do age like Axel, Saix, and Zexion we can't say much about Nomura's inconsistency.

That's pretty much why I say "apparently" they can and feel that even if Nomura were to say the replicas can't.. I'd be wholly skeptical lol Cus I don't think that they grew that much in a year, especially not Zexion, the youngest of them all. But those could also be the results of Ansem experimenting prior to being removed. Maybe we'll find out the truth eventually.

11 minutes ago, LunaCatte said:

That's pretty much why I say "apparently" they can and feel that even if Nomura were to say the replicas can't.. I'd be wholly skeptical lol Cus I don't think that they grew that much in a year, especially not Zexion, the youngest of them all. But those could also be the results of Ansem experimenting prior to being removed. Maybe we'll find out the truth eventually.

Well Nomura retcons for shits and giggles so you aren't wrong :P 

Spoiler

We still don't even know how Saix got his X scar ( other than it was prolly during said experiments and good reason to suspect the girl Lea and Isa wanted to rescue is Skuld lol)

Spoiler

Replicas are the new Nobodies. Had a feeling this would happen, since Days made them more interesting then regular Nobodies, and gave them their own weird little lore. I'm curious the differences between replicas with hearts from other bodies in them and replicas that grew their own hearts. So does that mean Roxas and Namine are preventing their vessels from growing their own hearts? Kinda Xehanortish if you think about it lol.

And why is it we never seen Vexen build one of these things?  He has this whole atonement storyline going on and we never see him craft a single Replica on screen. I know it's minor but I really want to know how these things work, because they have really become interesting over the course of the series. I want a "Kingdom Hearts: Attack of the Replicas" game!

As far as them aging, probably. Most likely has to do with their hearts.

2 minutes ago, SweetYetSalty said:
  Hide contents

Replicas are the new Nobodies. Had a feeling this would happen, since Days made them more interesting then regular Nobodies, and gave them their own weird little lore. I'm curious the differences between replicas with hearts from other bodies in them and replicas that grew their own hearts. So does that mean Roxas and Namine are preventing their vessels from growing their own hearts? Kinda Xehanortish if you think about it lol.

And why is it we never seen Vexen build one of these things?  He has this whole atonement storyline going on and we never see him craft a single Replica on screen. I know it's minor but I really want to know how these things work, because they have really become interesting over the course of the series. I want a "Kingdom Hearts: Attack of the Replicas" game!

The whole replica thing started back with COM.  I think Even or Vexen back then viewed the Replicas differently.  He gave Xion or no. i more attention than he ever did to Repliku.  Repliku according to the reports was just a faceless blob until he was taken to Castle Oblivion and with Namine being manipulated by the Organization, she made Repliku into what he was from Sora's stolen memories.  Xion on the other hand was left at the Organization and left in the care of Roxas and later Axel.

Xion could trap memories and claim them as her own and depending on who viewed her.  Her appearance shifted.  Roxas was also tasked with planting the devices where he ends up fighting Xion in Halloweentown, Agrabah, Wonderland and finally Twilight Town.  Xion was also made at Castle Oblivion which served as a second base for the Organization, so Vexen, Saix, and many of the other members probably got a lot of research done.  We do see a cutscene with Saix telling Xion that this will be the last she sees of this place before running into Axel at the same place.

Speaking of Castle Oblivion, whatever happened to the Organization's labs, especially in the basement area?  Since it is now back to being Land of Departure, have they reverted back to being whatever they were in BBS?  I guess in KH4, we might get some mention of it or at least explore what remains of it.  And Vexen also had his own replicas in the manga, 44 to be exact, one of which killed Xaldin.  I am not sure if that counts.

Maybe we can get more explanation in regards to those devices that Xemnas ordered Roxas to place.  Was Xion's appearance during those fights an example of what the replicas really look like before being toyed with.

On 2/19/2019 at 9:57 AM, LunaCatte said:

I assumed she aged because Kairi did. But lore-wise it's probably because the heart. 

Edited by Kittenz

On 2/19/2019 at 3:32 PM, SweetYetSalty said:
  Hide contents

One of the things I like about the 358/2 days manga, is it actually kind of shows how replicas are made. I know it's not canon, but perhaps Shiro receives input like the novel writer does. 

Here (and in KH3) they look like dolls, that become human with a heart, I guess?

1.jpg2.jpg

But this.. looks more like full on human cloning lol not disturbing at all.

That would fit what vexen said about being "more human", tho

43.jpg

2.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg

did...did saix just look at a naked 14 year old since it's kairi's 14 year old body oh god

Edited by Kittenz