Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Leamax

Kingdom Hearts III Co-Director Tai Yasue interviewed by Xbox Wire about the enhancements of Xbox One X for Kingdom Hearts III

In a recent interview with Xbox Wire, Kingdom Hearts III Co-Director Tai Yasue talks about how the enhancements of the Xbox One X have impacted the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts III. You can read the interview below.

What specifically is your development team doing to enhance Kingdom Hearts III for Xbox One X?

We were able to have the freedom to do what we originally wanted to do without limitations thanks to the Xbox One X’s memory, CPU, and GPU. There are many worlds in Kingdom Hearts IIIand the gameplay and expressions are different per world, so we did detailed tuning that matches the world and hardware. Because Xbox One X is a high-performing hardware, we were able to create Kingdom Hearts III as we had envisioned.

How do these enhancements impact the gaming experience?

As the game runs at a high frame rate and resolution, the characters move smoothly and dynamically, you can clearly see into the details of the world in which you’re exploring, and feel like you have jumped right in to the original film.

How has the process been to get the game up and running on Xbox One X?

I remember how surprised the development team was, looking at the quality Kingdom Hearts  III running on the Xbox One X on a large screen monitor for the first time. When we are developing the game on a PC, we are able to quantitatively grasp its quality, but we cannot physically experience it. As such, when we actually played the game on Xbox One X, the game’s high quality changed from our “goal” to a “conviction.”

View full article

It's probably just me, but this interview makes it seem like Xbox Wire are holding a (water) gun to his head.

Xbox Wire: "Isn't Xbox One X the BEST console EVER!?!?"
*points gun to Tai's temple
Tai Yasue: "O-Oh yes! It is the bestest! Most supreme! A BEAST of a machine".
Image result for tai yasue

2 minutes ago, Green Sparrow said:

It's probably just me, but this interview makes it seem like Xbox Wire are holding a (water) gun to his head.

Xbox Wire: "Isn't Xbox One X the BEST console EVER!?!?"
*points gun to Tai's temple
Tai Yasue: "O-Oh yes! It is the bestest! Most supreme! A BEAST of a machine".
Image result for tai yasue

That legitimately made me chuckle a bit, but I agree. xD

Which isn't to say it doesn't have the better hardware but if that really required an interview to state that KH3 is running smoothly on Xbox One X is debatable... I'm not sure if it's even that much better than the PS4 Pro though performance-wise since I never had the opportunity to compare them. Other than that, I don't care much for 4k or 60 FPS, as long as the latter is mostly consistent. (Yes, the difference is noticeable but the other KH games, or games in general, were never less fun when they ran at 30 FPS in my opinion.)

I played the game on a regular PS4 (one of the older models) and it was mostly smooth. It was obvious it was reaching its limits from time to time which resulted in a few unstable scenes but other than that I see no real reason to buy an entirely new console for one game for slight enhancements.

I'm not hating on the Xbox but I'm still questioning whether such an interview was really necessary because it makes it seem as though it is a whole different game all of a sudden. It may have the better hardware but I seriously doubt it's that much better to warrant such excitement... 

47 minutes ago, Merilly said:

I played the game on a regular PS4 (one of the older models) and it was mostly smooth. It was obvious it was reaching its limits from time to time which resulted in a few unstable scenes but other than that I see no real reason to buy an entirely new console for one game for slight enhancements.

I played KH3 on an older PS4 model as well. Did the game ever crash on you? It crashed several times for me, especially in the Caribbean.

4 hours ago, Green Sparrow said:

I played KH3 on an older PS4 model as well. Did the game ever crash on you? It crashed several times for me, especially in the Caribbean.

No, I had no crashes at all. There were a few lags and minor display issues when a lot was going on but I never had the game failing me this badly. I think there was only one time I feared it did but it managed to load in the end.

It's strange that it crashed for you... I spent a lot of time in the Caribbean though I admittedly swam across the whole map most of the time. ^^' Were the crashes mainly during ship battles?