Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

it's cause of the weird way the story got written from BBS onwards
if you look at KH1/ReCom/KH2, a lot more time is spent with the main party talking to each other (smaller cutscenes across the whole game) which is where the bond happens between the Trinity Trio
(Days falls into this as well cause they LITERALLY HUNG OUT AFTER WORK LOL)

But BBS onwards, ya had the Disney plot be even more so about the plot inside of it and less about the party learning about the different worlds and not meddling a whole lot, being observers
And then you got the big bad plot that starts out with the Xehanort thing which takes precedence

so there's no "room" for the characters to bond technially
(ReCoded cant have it
DDD was a solo adventure technically with 2 characters
BBS was weird, they tried but it half worked?)
KH3 could have brought that back and they kinda did with Corona and BH6

but yeah it's just a case of the priority being given to the Disney plot and the end goal plot than the characters themselves unlike other JRPGs which make time and room for them

casual note about how i could be wrong about this and blah blah ya know

`

I feel like the Disney elements were more important in KH1 and 2. So much so that it led to a lot of Disney characters not acting like themselves; most notably the villains

`

because they were yeah
they didn't care about controlling all of the princesses of heart and darkness, they just wanted their goals which were the same as the movie to be achieved with darkness and all

it was just written well enough that it blended well

like Jafar still wanted to get the lamp and get to the throne but he had no qualms about using the heartless to his advantage

in that regard the Trinity Trio is just another obstacle

but im with you 100%
i would love them to focus on character development more cause they are all set up really well