Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I honestly don't see the interest of fighting the Org members in disney worlds, considering that literally only happened once, with Xaldin and Demyx was a glorified minigame.

The only one I could see that fitting with is Vanitas. Since he was the only one who there to actively fight Sora and didn't have any buisness in the World Beyond that.

Fighting YX in Toy Box or Vanitas in MI would have been cool... I was honestly hoping for something like that to happen but they got destroyed by the Disney characters instead

which, for the record, is still priceless

Those had the most buildup to a potential confrontation imo

The issue is that the Org-in-Disney-world formula has just gotten stale

You could argue it's worse in DDD and 3 than in 2 since in the later games the interactions devolve into the bad guys giving Sora cryptic non-answers and Sora being like "Nani". 2 has like, Xaldin directly messing with Beast, Luxord doing the parley thing (playing by the pirate rules), Xiggy being a troll, Saix bluntly explaining how they're using Sora to collect hearts. In 3 the New Org members just throw around plot points (Marly, Larxene, Repliku) or say something else baity (YX, Xiggy). I think Vanitas is not as bad cuz he's all like brother... I wanna say Luxord is a bit more interesting too but I don't remember what he does aside from boat race

Fights would have at least been more engaging

Like replacing YX or alongside him?

Ooh okay, just wanted to clarify

Yeah, it feels like by then all the people were norted were just... references back to Xehanort

Like half of the bad guys lost any agency

Yeah but what reason are they even in the worlds in 2 besides messing with Sora? They really have no reason to be there besides dropping the boss heartless(Which is in of itself pointless since Sora's gonna fight a heartless whether they're there or not) and dipping sans Xaldin.

Yeah Luxord does the Parley thing but why is Luxord there in the 1st place? To toy with Sora?

Xigbar is trolling but for what point? And why specifically Land of Dragons? I could drop him in any other world and his role would be the same.

And Demyx, okay he's there to attempt to wake up Roxas. Quite literally the laziest one is ironically one of 2 with any true reason why he's there.

Xaldin is at Beast's Castle independent of Sora being there completely.

So of the 4 Org members we see in the worlds only 2 actually have a reason to be there.

In 3 the majority of them are at these worlds independent of Sora, save Vanitas and they all make clear why they are there.

Luxord and Vexen are at The Caribbean to look for the Black Box.

Vanitas is at Monsters Inc. to recover via Scream Energy and get Ventus' Heart from Sora.

Larxene and Marluxia are on Seven Princesses of Heart Scouting.

Young Xehanort and Riku Replica are on Heart Research for Replicas

Xigbar is tasked with watching Sora.

Ansem SoD is tasked with getting Ansem The Wise

Xemnas is basically with Saix as the Assistant.

The only ones not doing anything are Terra-Xehanort, Xion (Both of who probably weren't recruited at that point), Xehanort, and Demyx, who's a plot point because of him being benched.

In KH2

Messing with Sora is the reason most of them are in the worlds

In KH2

"The hero of the keyblade has embarked on a new adventure. Be sure it is one he will remember. Now go"

firetrucking autocorrect shite

Ok brace thine selves

Tbh I don't really care for the Disney worlds in 2 either. Always thought 1 did them the best. The problem I have with org. 13 in 3 is not that they don't have any real motives for being there it's that most of the plot points they bring up end up having very little impact to the overall story and imo ruin the pacing in those Disney worlds. Aside from most of the org worlds in 2 most of them manage to do self contained worlds quite well and know what elements of the Disney movies to keep. The reason I would like for some fight to happen in the Disney worlds with the org. is because it would actually make the boss fights in the Disney worlds have weight. I feel that it would give a reason to raise the tension and make some of the org. encounters feel more relevant. Most of the encounters just feel like you have been blue balled by the end of it.(Pardon the expression) Now to be fair the Pixar worlds are the best ones but I have issues with how Vanitas' part is written.

He kind of feels like more of 3's trip down memory lane sections(The sections where a character says something so that we are all reminded that something happened in a previous game). Honestly Larxene and Marluxia don't have any real reason to be in the Disney worlds. New Princesses of Heart? That feels like it was made just to put them there because it ends up going nowhere by the end of the game. They serve no purpose, sure they weren't needed because of how things played put but that just makes it worse imo, it reinforces my belief that it was something they put in just to give those two a reason to be there. Larxene is even worse than Marluxia because at least he somewhat points Gothel in the right direction....even if it is at the loss of Gothel's character. Larxene does basically nothing except be Elsa's secret Bouncer. Actually she is the Frozen plot Bouncer, because of her unless you watch Frozen you can't actually understand what is happening. And then a random heartless appears. The worst part about the two of them is that the actively tell you that they are there to do nothing and you are there to do nothing. They are walking plot stoppers.

Xigbar just messes with Sora.

Luxord gets the grand task of looking for a box, that gets brought up a lot and ends up being nothing. Nothing would change if he wasn't there because as we know, the majority of the plot happens off screen and he is basically looking for something we were already looking for anyways. He just messes with us and becomes comic relief(Vanitas also becomes comic relief). And don't get me started on the darn box.

Now Repliku is alright, although I rather fight him than what we got. I think fighting him would have made the most sense. Course him and YX don't confouse me in the sense that what they are researching has already been known to them because of events like COM and 358 and 1 and DDD. Also why is Vexen not doing this? He knows more than the two of them and it's his research they end up using.

Apologies I feel I have said this before and it does seem quite negative but I think some of these things could have been improved if we did end up in either differing situations or situations where a battle ensued. Simply because of how the Disney worlds were written. Course I like the Toy Story story I wouldnt change that one, like Corona except for a few things like Gothel and the pacing, I don't mind San Fransokyo. The rest have a few things but I have already discussed this already and I need to stop laughsinnomura

I suppose with most of them, they dont actually affect the plot of the Disney world in any way. They might mess around with Sora a bit but otherwise the disney plot continues unhindered. KH2 had the second visits so you had those as ways they can more directly intervene

I suppose its good they don't massively damage the plots

But they do feel like distractions sometimes

imo the Org memebers having actual objectives and all doesn't really improve how they interact with Sora/the player, especially when, as Marly said, their objective ends up meaning squat
And them happening to run into SDG+ while supposedly doing their own thing makes things feel even more shoehorned and disconnected