Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

General Chat

well you can choose skills that are for the role so tanks get shared skills like rampart which is a defensive buff

honestly tho ima say this pick what you want but know that people are leaving wow and coming to 14 for a reason

Like I was talking about each job getting different specs, instead of the game pretty much being like “here’s all your abilities use what you need in x situation”

And then I had a thought about a talent system that could help diversify builds in FF14

so its set as a rotation like in any MMO there are skills that help out for party and skill buffs that are for you now until you do a raid in savage and such most of this wont matter to you right now but once you reach max level you have skills that you just need to learn were to fit them in

the only similar jobs in terms of skills would be brd and dancer when its out for they seem to both be support Dps

oh yea

mostly you want 2 melee, 1 magic, and 1 support dps

support dps is needed tho for healers cause they have a skill that regens mana faster but you can go without one if your healers are good and party not being stupid

Then that’s where the talent system could come in

So for example, take the bard support

You could have a talent that reduces mana cost of x ability, increase the length of a buff or debuff, do a certain combo and get mana refunded

Obviously I’m not a game designer, but they’re very rough examples of how it could work on FF14

I dunno, just feels like if done by a proper game designer or whatever it could really help FF14

Especially a spec system

Like I said to ama last night, it could help the average/casual player

Imagine getting to endgame, being absolutely bombarded by all these different abilities on your hotbar then be told “oh you don’t use them all, you use specific rotations and abilities in specific situations”

Just seems more player friendly to split them up honestly