Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

General Chat

@Otti#8624 @Snakeskin94_1642611873|| So basically what's been happening in the past few days and weeks is that the FF community had an absolute meltdown on social media because of FF16 and FF in general.

A lot of FF players are absolutely tired of the gatekeeping that happened in the past because of certain "extreme" people in the fandom that call all FF games that basically aren't FF7 or FF10 "non mainline" games. I think the rise of XIV's popularity contributed to this as well. A lot of new people got into the franchise and they are tired of people calling games like XIV, XII, XV, VIII, XI, VII Remake or even I-V "non mainline".

It followed by people calling out this tribalism on social media.

For reference:

The people that called out the tribalism got extremely pissed and became toxic as well which basically led to a war between certain parts in the fandom. I have never seen the community being this bad.|| Posted it as a spoiler for people that don't want to get exposed to the negativity.