Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

Do you ever wish there was a KH Convention?

Like not just a con with KH stuff or one pannel or something, I mean a no joke KH centered Con.

I think that would be so awesome if once a year, KH fans from all over could converge on a single place for a day or two and meet other fans and maybe have a couple guests, lots of merch from artists in an artists alley, or maybe even like feature artists work that could be nominated and voted on by the community through out the year and the winners would get to have their stuff printed out big and displayed.

Maybe have like a concert with KH music or remixes that people can dance to, woth themed drinks and food, and a cosplay contest....(day dreams about it being real)

IDK, this is something I've been thinking about for a while and I think the fandom is big enough now and global enough that it would be worth doing. Kind of like how Harry Potter has its own convention.

What do you guys think? And what else would you want to happen at this KH Con if it were real?

That would be amazing, not gonna lie. I could see it happening, too. The release of KHIII brought in a bunch of new fans of the series, so maybe the fanbase will be big enough for something like that soon.

Only thing that concerns me is that if it does happen, the people who organize it might not know what they're doing and if that's the case, we could have another Dashcon or Tanacon on our hands. Stuff like this tends to be organized and run by fans and not industry professionals, so I would have to do some pretty intense research into it before buying a ticket.

Dude, I would prolly be planning one of those if I ever got the chance. XD To have a KH Con the same was Blizzard and Dragon Ball do would be beyond epic and a literal dream come true for me! I honestly hope that does happen one day, especially now that the franchise is gaining more traction in the mainstream market and taking on new players. 

15 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

Yes but I would look like a complete dweeb for going, considering I am 26 years old. 

Man KH in almost 20 years old at this point! If there werent like 30 year olds there who got KH1 for Christmas when it was brand new at 10 yrs old I would be ASTOUNDED!

This game belongs to the old guard and even older newer fans as well as the younger people. 

On 4/29/2019 at 7:53 PM, Fates Chance XIII said:

Man KH in almost 20 years old at this point! If there werent like 30 year olds there who got KH1 for Christmas when it was brand new at 10 yrs old I would be ASTOUNDED!

This game belongs to the old guard and even older newer fans as well as the younger people. 

There are so much more that can be expanded with KH.  I wish they would take a more mature approach like some of the older Disney films like Fox and the Hound took.  I remember seeing an old commercial on the Disney Channel when Movie Chasers was still on or whatever that commercial segment was.  The commercial involved some teenage boy going into the Disney vault or something and looking at trailers for upcoming games, movies and more.  They treated the Disney vault like some top secret government agency so the boy had to be quick on his feet.  One of the trailers was for the first KH trailer.

I didn't get into Kingdom Hearts until Days was released on the DS.  I couldn't get into KH because well my family didn't have enough money to afford a PS2 back then, well for me anyways and I think I destroyed my PS1 by stepping on it.  So, I don't think my mom and step dad trusted me with a PS2.

I guess you're never too hard for Kingdom Hearts.  I also just got down listening to Fox and the Hound.  I hope that's a Disney world in KH3 especially since Fox and the Hound 2 was a disastrous and unneeded sequel.

I guess you're never too old for KH just like there are still some people in their 70s that are still into Disney.  I just wish Disney and Square Enix would see the nostalgia of their products and not tone down anything and embrace all the good and bad that comes from their products.

Edited by ienzo628