Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Zimomo

A few thoughts on the KH community post-KH3

I really need to write this down. I'm someone who finds it hard to just ignore other's opinions, so the state the community has been in after the launch of KH3 kinda makes me both sad and angry. It's so hard to just have a normal discussion about the game.

On the one hand you have people who keep trashing the game. The game is bad, the combat sucks, etc etc. You know the drill. If you even dare to say you liked the game be sure you'll have someone ready to flood you with comments on how much they disliked it, how disappointing it was, how much is wrong and doesn't work in the game. I've even seen complaints about stuff that has been with KH since the beginning, like how Disney is basically filler, or how the story is cheesy and stupid. I mean, they're right. But... why are you a KH fan again? I think we can all agree that the story is pretty dumb, even though we love it to death, and that KH has always struggled to fit Disney in its original story, apart from KH1, at least to some extent . KH has always been like this, and thinking that with KH3 this would change... just... why? Take off your nostalgia goggles, maybe you just don't like this kind of storytelling anymore). 

On the other hand however you have people who actually really liked the game, see the negativity surrounding it, and feel personally attacked for enjoying it. And so they become overly defensive. You aren't a true fan, you should pay more attention to the story, you should have played all of the games before judging KH3 (even though many times the criticism comes from big fans of the series), and so on. If you criticize something, you're a hater. That's just Nomura's way of telling a story, it's not a problem if X or Y don't make sense or if Z is a plot hole. Just enjoy the game, right?

And so here I am. Every time I watch or read something KH related, I just tend to avoid joining the conversation at this point, I get way too depressed lol. Buuut that's just me, I know. This is just a little "rant" I needed to make. (there might be broken english here and there, and if so, sorry about that. I'm just writing this on a whim)

I mean you just pretty much described the internet. There will always be people to comment and hate on just about everything in the world. In terms of this game, I think a lot of people just had very high expectations after waiting 13 years since KH2 and were slightly disappointed. Regardless of anyones opinion, we're all here on this site because we all like Kingdom Hearts. I'm someone who enjoyed the game but found a few faults and that's just my opinion. Haters gonna hate but KH is life lol :)

1 minute ago, Mkucherina said:

I mean you just pretty much described the internet. There will always be people to comment and hate on just about everything in the world. In terms of this game, I think a lot of people just had very high expectations after waiting 13 years since KH2 and were slightly disappointed. Regardless of anyones opinion, we're all here on this site because we all like Kingdom Hearts. I'm someone who enjoyed the game but found a few faults and that's just my opinion. Haters gonna hate but KH is life lol :)

I know I know, internet. I think it's just that I wasn't expecting such a polarized opinion from the community itself. From the outside, yeah, of course I was expecting harsh and sometimes baseless criticism. But not from the inside. Not at this level at least. I guess I was just naive. 

6 minutes ago, Zimomo said:

I know I know, internet. I think it's just that I wasn't expecting such a polarized opinion from the community itself. From the outside, yeah, of course I was expecting harsh and sometimes baseless criticism. But not from the inside. Not at this level at least. I guess I was just naive. 

Nah you're not naïve. You just had high hopes like the rest of us. The real fans are the ones who can stick with it and be there when those really great KH games come out

Edited by Mkucherina

I sadly saw all of this coming. It doesn't seem to be as bad as the Star Wars situation. But it still does distress me to see another one of my favorite fandoms fall to this.

Edited by Goyan-Tanuki