KH13

Fan Art Chat

I wanted to do like an action show type gradient

2000's action show type aesthetic

Something like this

depositphotos_71470847-Abstract-motion-blur-of-night-lights-for-background.png

I wanted to try my best at replicating this aesthetic

What kind of vibes does this give off?

Well around the time KH came out to about the period between II and 358, metal bands like Disturbed, Korn, and one hit wonders like Coal Chamber were dominating the charts. But at some point, I'd say around 2005? Maybe 6, that's when Panic! AFI and Fallout Boy started making waves. A lot of the kids who grew up with the bands I mentioned (most of them listened to Marilyn Manson too) switched over to the emerging pop punk scene.

Fashion played a part in it too-- when electronic music started dominating when we got into the 2010's, there was similar styles of dressing (and they all smoked weed.) Plus everyone knows usually American mainstream is chasing trends-- it wasn't until Sandstorm people started taking notice, and then Skrillex happened soon after.

All of a sudden the charts were being dominated by pretty boys and dudes with laptops.

Attack Attack and Avenged Sevenfold getting popular didn't help either lol

Tl;dr- idk bruh shit just happens xD

I think American culture has a lot to do with it too. Americans tend to value rebellion and individualism moreso than Eurpeans, and metal and rock were designed to appeal precisely those sensibilities.

And what about European culture and more electronic music?

Because I live in the UK and we've had artists such as Sash, ATB, Alice Deejay, Lange, Paul Van Dyk and even Robert Miles lead the charts in the 90's and 2000's