Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KHUX KHUX Chat

first DR where Ansem just sends Kid Xehanort into scala to begin his training, and after a while there (enough for his hair to grow) and the events of DR, which clearly affected him, giving him a darker outlook in life he goes back to the islands where he is met again by Ansem and he is told the whole time travel plan

but why not follow the hairstyle that DDD already presented years before, and as well, DR is still a keyblade student, while YX seems to be quite adept by now

its actually all because of the Woody gif you posted lol

since everyone is making fun of the scene were Woody tells YX nobody has loved him before

and people making fun of woody because apparently he is wrong since he had a bunch of friends as Player

(also in the dark road chat they were talking about missions and I didn't want to interrupt them with a random theory lol)

The hairstyle in DDD is the exact same as the YX we see who went to the future and all. I think Nomura wanted to emphasize Xehanort's transition from the kid who played chess to the one who went on the dark road.

even then he could've given him the "older" hairstyle from the beginning or keep him with the "newer" throught all the game

but they decided to change it after a timeskip, they chould've easily made the timeskip and keep the same hair and it would not have been an issue, just atributted to "the DR artstyle" but they deliberately changed it

plus in DR intro we never see ansem do anything relating to giving Xehanort the time travel power (just says some things and opens a portal) , so technically that "event" could still be waiting to happen (in my proposed 2nd meeting, during DDD)

if we are to believe that YX went and had his time travel adventure (DDD & and KHIII) and THEN returned to dark road I think it gets kind of weird

yes, return to your time travel origin erases your memories but your experiences are "etched" in your heart (basically inception) so even before starting DR this was a Xehanort already drawn to darkness, I find it hard seeing him form a relationship with Eraqus and the other students, or being really affected by what happens to them

but the other way around makes more sense, DR being a naive Keyblade student who's experiences trying to rescue the upperclassmen leave him traumatized about how weak people can be easily taken over by darkness, thus he decides to leave Scala after talking with Eraqus and meets Ansem again, now more interested in his plan for gaining true power and controlling the darkness

and thus, in order to avoid future debates about his hair he decides to go bald