Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KHUX KHUX Chat

i agree with moon, i'm still not in agreement with the "vanitas is darkness" theory. while i think it's much more likely that vanitas was formed from the darkness in ven's heart that may have had it's origins from ven being possessed by darkness, i don't think that vanitas is darkness

to put it another, less word jumble-y way

ven was possessed by darkness, and this basically helped to nurture the inherent darkness present within all humans that was also in ven at that time. later on, that darkness was extracted and given life as vanitas, but that doesn't make vanitas the same as this darkness figure we see in ux

> i still think ven is a red herring hes written to be one
@Silent Multiverse I’m with you on this one. The more and more your dissect Ven’s narrative arc in KHUX, the more you see him being used less as a character and more as plot device. He’s the vehicle by which things are moving along, which points to red herring.

> like, hypothetically darkness still exists somewhere, but not as vanitas. vanitas being more like an offspring/offshoot of darkness
@hawk222_1550644792 I’m also in agreement that Vanitas is darkness, but he’s not DARKNESS. Ven is being used here as the “we all have darkness and light within us” trope and has been since the whole theme of BBS.

I really hope that it’s not going this route, but I’m almost certain that it is, that they are building out to this whole “light can be be just as bad as darkness” thing. I think that is the MoM’s true aim, to bring balance. Furthermore, we call Darkness, Darkness because that’s what he told us to call him. That doesn’t mean he is “evil” and thing could be happening the way that they need to be.

Darkness possessing someone in order to effect the outcome of something we’ve seen recently, with Sora literally spiriting into the bodies of his comrades in Re:Mind. wink

wait

I think the thing "someone to remember you" in the future is related to memories

seeing how ventus, skuld, lauriam, elrena all lost their memories

but meleficent has her memories

it should be safe to assume that without someone in the future to remember who you are, you lose all memory of your past Ig