Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

I’m like 99.9% sure that the darkness that slept in Ven is the exact same entity that would go on to become Vanitas since it was literally pulled out of him and given a name that it willingly went along with, and he insists so heavily that all he his is darkness, no more no less, so it shouldn’t have still been with him at that time

^^

Spoiler

But there's just something very off. For one thing, Vanitas was determined to join with Ventus. But why the heck would Darkness need to do that? It wouldn't even need to do that. And Vanitas's personality is so...so non-Darkness imo. And in Vanitas's character file, he says: "I am a dark fragment of a heart". But the Darkness beings didn't come from hearts. HMM

Also in the short dialogue Vanitas had in the second KH3 novel seems to suggest Vanitas has partial amnesia...which I find very interesting.

people keep saying "oh, vanitas is darkness, he even says so in kh3" and i just look at them like, no, i don't think that's right. i think that darkness' whole deal with possessing ven in ux ended up creating a sort of seed of darkness in him, which eventually became vanitas. basically, vanitas isn't darkness itself, but was kind of spawned from it in a roundabout way

I also feel that from Master Xehanort using Vanitas, to possibly being spawned from Dakrness, he's surpressed to say that he IS darkness. We've seen people recover from complete darkness, use it, abandon darkness-like acts, etc

@Sam N yeah same, not darkness itself, but the darkness aspect that was dormant in vent's heart, two completely different darknesses

Like if vanitas had clashed with another of pure light that wasn't ventus, the x blade might not have formed

Exactly. And if this were the case, there'd have been no need for Xehanort to plan as meticulously as he did. It's not as if pure light is particularly difficult to come by.

Yeah fr, no way Xehanort would have gone through all that trouble like you said, he was literally surrounded by pure light in land of departure lol, although vent was easily exploitable because of his innocent ignorance towards certain subjects, which is natural in innocence

It could have been that eraqus and aqua weren't exploitable, but no way ventus was the only option unless Xehanort needed him specifically, whether it is because of his ties to sora is open for debate, as we don't know if this Xehanort knows of sora yet

Or if we do I forget

Just taking a shot in the dark, but Xehanort definitely seems like the type of character to have foresight of Sora's existence long before it was actually relevant. Even in BBS, his "recreate Keyblade War" plan had been the oven for some time now.

I mean, he's the chessmaster. There was very little Xehanort wasn't prepared for.

Yeah very true, that also makes me wonder about what Eraqus knew at the time, I mean he definitely didn't have the foresight of Xehanort for obvious reasons but I feel he knew more than he showed he did

Or at least figured out somewhat what Xehanort was attempting and played his crucial "chess" move

Oh yeah, in the BBS Ultimania, Nomura said that Vanitas (or was it Xehanort? well either way it means the same) was considering Aqua as insurance instead of Ven, so...*shrugs*

I was playing DDD today and I was completely baffled for a sec when Goofy jumped out of the window in the Country of the Musketeers world LOL. 

Yeah....that scene makes a lot more sense if you've seen the film.

To sum up what happened:

Goofy experienced the same sequence of events earlier in the plot when he crashed through the tower by accident. By reflecting on that, Goofy realized in the moment that he could replicate that very same sequence to defeat the Beagle Boys.

@hawk222_1550644792 Yeah, i used to read it when i was really little (wherever that went). I remember it was super short.

^I seriously don't understand Disney with its billions of remakes. Like, there's absolutely no point except for money.

Edited by Double OKP