Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

Well, I can totally understand 3 and DDD being up there but not so much recoded, I mean it’s a fine DS game and has the best command deck sure but idk man, guess I’d have to play it for myself laughsinnomura

KH2 lowkey is quite boring to me whenever I try and pick it up
the randomizers are cool and all but beyond that the base game of KH2 feels soooo slow cause you have to earn all your movement and attacks

Like for example
"Hey Sora, you got this nifty drive gauge thing that lets you be super powerful at a cost. the cost is hard to get back so use it wisely but hey if you use it, you get to jump higher"
"Oh sure, i can't wait to use it in Olympus against the big bad and the stuff in the coli"
"...yeah see about that, there's a curse and all so we gotta take that away from you"

here's the thing, normally a curse that takes shit away is great for a JRPG

it's NOT great when it happens 2 hours after you get something

again, most people have saves at the end so they dont need to do the grind and stuff over and over. they just do the datas and sephy to get their dopamine rush

but oh boy i cant wait to grind up 5 whole forms for max movement :^DDDDD

KH1 is old and jank as firetruck but at least you get stuff at every point in the game and even when stuff isn't usable, you can still make do

exactly

plot wise im eh on the game

like i enjoy the first visits cause disney worlds and cool shit but then 2nd visits is where things get weird (and where the plot is supposed to get good)

Except Olympus and Agrabah

firetruck those

but all the others im down for

pls Square bring back the J in the RPG for KH

i can elaborate on that if need be lol

Like that classic FF style of progression and cool nifty things that still feel like it's an evolution of turn based rather than the DMC style that things are

I use KH1 and CoM as the examples here where:

- Parrying attacks right nets you xP
- Finding weaknesses nets you xP
- Trinity, Dalmations, etc
- the plot existing within the Disney worlds themselves (see Triton, Genie, and their small bits of dialogue)
that sort of stuff

for CoM, card system aside, it's the way the plot paced itself per floor

where yeah you have filler disney worlds, but they all do ask about memories and shit and other stuff that wasn't mentioned before

and then the inbetween you get that tasty plot bit by bit

vs in KH2 it's like/

Hallow Bastion where stuff tends to happen and the like

hey i give pete where credit is due
my man made it to Timless River and Pride Lands

nah im actually with you there

it felt like KH1 again where you visit a world, take care of everything, and fully leave

only come back for the goodies

KH should strive to do base game in 40 hours, it would help a lot

After playing Ys, it helps a lot

it doesnt feel like it drags on and it's not too short

ReCoded is creative as all heck for a DS KH game

they put some WORK into those commands and the matrix

while i havent done anything drunk, i did start writing a short story while i was high as a kite

suffice to say, it was REALLY bad

like out of a 13 year old's diary

man remember when Data Roxas went off on a philosophical tangent and Data sora was like
"nah dude friendship"

dont think it was that but he at least acknowledged what Roxas was saying which lowkey was more than actual Sora

end of DDD and Kh3 try to do more but never really go too deep with it

and not riku pleaseee

even though they will

DDD Sora was also kinda cocky cause he did 2 whole JRPGs worth of battles

I mean dude was having both heartless and his pirates buddies pillaging towns and legit murdering people all over to find little itty bitty pieces of gold idk why he’d really give a rats ass bout him like that laughsinnomura

I mean… did he even really show any of the antagonists any sympathy in kh1 tho? Or DDD? Or 3?? Nothing really comes to mind for me, I mean for crying out loud he literally locks Randall out from basically ever being able to come back without so much as a second thought about it lmao

Like specifically the Disney antagonists I mean, cus obviously there’s stuff in 3 that’s like genuinely talking to the villains near the end but aside from those little moments here and there…? Yeah I’m drawing a lotta blanks as I’m running each world through my head

I mean I’m not expert or anything but I’m sure the second they started actually throwing the term kh3 around and talking about proper development beginning, Disney was quick to jump on it and back them up because numbered titles are so much more easily marketable, not just for simply having a number in there but also cus it’s a journey with donald and goofy there the whole way and they know it’ll reach a larger audience

I think Atlantica is overhated. In KH1 it's optional unless you're seeking to do everything or at least all story for all the worlds. Once you're used to the swimming mechanics it makes full use of the 3D environment without resorting to platforming like other worlds do. It does suffer from the game lacking an inset map though. In KH2 it contributes nothing to the main plot, no Heartless, Nobodies or Organisation stuff. Again, it's only necessary for completionists or those who want to synthesise the Ultima Weapon. The minigame itself is enjoyable and the songs are bops, and the way they're unlocked paces out the world if you're doing them as they become available. As KH3 has honed swimming controls while keeping combat, a potential future Atlantica world with an original story perhaps giving Ursula's crazy sister Morgana a better showing than Return to the Sea did, and having land maps as well. To be honest I want to see a world really embrace swimming as an exploration mechanic like the Caribbean did, and the controls can be used for flying as well.

monstropolis in kh3. he reads the text in the factory entrance
and he was able to operate hollow bastion pc in kh2. at least to search for riku and kairi

pretty sure he can read perfectly. he is just not that much into technology