Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

I can agree you shouldn’t label someone who uses exploits as “Best kh player” but I hardly think it’s “cheating”. There’s no official thing being done here. Cheating infers there’s some kinda ruleset players have to adhere to.

Exactly, but that doesn't make him the best KH player if he's using glitches. "The best" really can't be proven with billions of people on this earth.

If you want to find out who's the best, make an actual competition to find out. A Speedruning competition or something and invite all the best players in the world.

KH doesn’t have billions of players, so that’s a silly argument. “Best” can be defined several ways, especially in a video game community like this one. Being able to find and effectively exploit glitches and quirks in the code is a talent within itself.

I’m saying it’s hardly fair to say “Well there’s no real best KH player because there’s probably someone out there who would be the best if they picked up the series”. That could be true for literally anything on Earth people compete for. It’s more important to highlight the talent that actually exists within our community rather than wasting time on hypotheticals.

And if someone’s got talent and nobody’s talking about them, they’re either doing a poor job of demonstrating that talent, or they’re not actually that good.

So, using a quirk of the game engine that requires a precise input and set up (on a specific boss) to do is disqualifying because it's a glitch?

I would say that's one of the things that would make someone one of the better players

Would count towards what? What glitches?

If the glitch is:
Pushing up and down on the same frame instant kills a boss. Then yes, that's not really playing the game

But the glitch Yachi Nanase used is one that requires hyper specific inputs and planning, and is only going to be useful on select bosses. There's skill required in pulling it off

This is a person who learned the game enough to exploit a hyper specific quirk at a hyper specific point of the game that requires a hyper specific set of things to happen

Saying it "doesn't count" because it's a glitch is wild

It's literally like saying speedrunners aren't really playing the game

I personally don’t see glitches as cheating unless you’re trying to do a glitch less speed run. If anything, I see it as clever: knowing the quirks of the programming and using them to your advantage. It shows a level if intelligence and skill other players might not have.