Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

I'd like to see Keyblade Gliders and Keyblade Armour return in some form, explored as either gameplay and/or lore. It'd be cool if maybe post-game or once you've completed a world you can explore it using the Glider, a useful way to backtrack to specific areas and have items and areas available only when the world's main story is done. Sora has definitely earned these upgrades as well.

> Call them what you will with gameplay choices and plot, KH games definitely are one unique set of games on that to some degree they are all genuinely fun
> They have good music, someone somewhere enjoys its mechanics, and they all have this "KH" feel that no other game series really has nailed down
@GoldenDrummer730#4323 this is precisely why I'm a KH fan. The series has really managed to innovate while still staying true to its roots and keeping a semi-consistent level of quality. The fact that there's only two KH games (COM and Coded) that I would genuinely call bad is a testament to this and even those games have their redeeming qualities.

Like, even at its worst, I can't stay angry at KH because it's just that good of an experience.

Exactly, Re:coded gets too much flack

And I mean Re:coded's story isn't completely irrelevent. It introduced the book of prophesies

it's the weakest by far, don't get me wrong, but there are certain parts about it that are worth nothing. Like the humor, it's actually pretty funny game

sorry, bit of a rant there but ya get my point

17 minutes ago, ElectriCole said:

Best instance of command deck gameplay

BBS's types were too convoluted and DDD's can only be gotten from chests, dream eaters, or buying

re:coded also has the most balanced command deck because it's harder to cheese your way through to getting the top tier commands. The command panel system is a lot of fun, in part because you can calibrate things like prize drops and difficulty within the game. Not to mention you can replay each world too no matter how far you progress past it. If you carry over a Ryu Dragon from an old Dream Drop Distance save you can get Superglide once you can first change your team.

Edited by jbmasta

Not to mention the re:coded commands also play out differently in the Coliseum Labyrinth, a really fun feature in of itself. Honestly, if re:coded is the worst game then it's up against really stiff competition. It's one I'm looking forward to replaying.

25 minutes ago, ElectriCole said:

Yeah, all opinions are valid (except if you say that any KH ost is bad lol), even if people disagree.

The one consistently amazing thing about Kingdom Hearts is the music. From the opening of Simple and Clean on every bar of music is never less than greatness. Ice Cream Beat does challenge this though.

On the contrary, I actually agree with the gameplay on Coded. I just can't consider the whole package to be good because the story is such a firetrucking spiderweb.

I've noticed that with just like the titles that don't include Sora as the focus the HD Remix have some minor differences with the K and S

They're slightly longer than normal, but not too long to indicate the purpose of the collection