Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

On 12/5/2020 at 4:49 PM, Pikmin 4 said:

oooh

okay thats way better than having to get all 13 on all three characters

Most of them you get from story events, but some you need to go out of your way to get from chests. Terra has one that's unlocked through a Mirage Arena mission.

Should Roxas Look Older Than Ven? & Will Xion and Namine Always Look Like Kairi?

Okay, I just realized something. Roxas manifested with the same appearance as Vens from the time Ven went to sleep, right.
And then proceeded to live an entire year as his own person with that appearance.
So following that passage of time, should Roxas now look slightly older than Ven?
Is Roxas (in appearance at least) technically OLDER than Ventus??

It would make sense in the worlds logic. Ventus didnt age at all while asleep, but if his heart was influencing a body (because the heart shapes the vessel in KH) that could age, then that body by all means should be changing and growing. Like if Roxas lived another 10 years as a nobody, he would've grown up just like Axel and the rest and been an adult version of Ventus in appearance (that would've been so cool though).

This sounds so weird, let me put it another way. If you took a pair of of identical twins, put one in cryogenic slumber for a year (and that didn't kill them for the sake of argument, just stopped them from aging) and then fast forwarded a year and dethawed them, the non frozen twin will have advanced down the timeline and grown while his twin didnt.

(And if memory serves, didnt they make Roxas model in Days show signs of slight aging in game? Like I think he got slightly taller or something? Correct me if I'm wrong on that)

Should Roxas Look Older Than Ven & Will Xion and Namine always look like Kairi?- part2

So then what i wonder is, why didnt they go for that in KH3?? They look pretty much the same to me.
It could be they didnt realize, or forgot, or didnt wanna or whatever and its not a HIGE deal...but I think they missed out on having something really interesting if they went with that angle. It would've made it a lot easier in the future to instantly tell them apart and made sense in the lore.

I also find it interesting that Xion didnt age as Kairi did over the course of that year in Days. Though for all we know, that version of replicas couldn't grow or grew more slowly or etc.
And I also find it really interesting that since she came back to stay in KH3 and still looks like a younger Kairi we have no idea after the 1yr time skip if she's aged up to look like KH3 Kairi or if she will grow more into her own person now that she has her own heart influencing her vessel.
We also don't know what ROXAS or VENTUS or NAMINE looks like either!

And I'm really excited to see what they decide to do with the characters appearances in this regard as time in game continues to pass and time can affect all these characters again.
I do hope they all start to look ever so slightly different as they come into their own beings

Roxas is physically 16, and the ageing rate of a Nobody has been inconsistent since some members look identical (real world answer is reusing old assets) in Birth by Sleep to their Organisation appearances ten/eleven years on while other do have younger models in Birth by Sleep like Lea, Isa and Ienzo. It's not inconceivable that his appearance changed little over the three hundred and fifty eight days he was in the Organisation. Within Birth by Sleep none of the main trio, Eraqus nor Xehanort appear to age during during the four year time skip as evidenced by flashback scenes, again I know to save on creating new models for Four Years Ago versions of Terra, Ventus and Aqua, but for Terra and Aqua those are big growing years.

For what it's worth there's a piece of promo art for Days, Birth by Sleep and re:coded where Roxas inexplicably looks a lot older like late teens or early twenties older, which has never been explained that I've seen of.800px-Triple_Artwork.png.529b09f7abe0eb2aa403a2b9af11e5a7.png

Edited by jbmasta

Roxas was with them for less than a year. I doubt his appearance would've changed that drastically.

Maybe he'd start growing facial hair but that's about the extent of it

Aging could be a part of that but I think it has more to do with Japanese culture. Japanese people rarely change their hairstyle because to do so represents a major change in their life.

To some extent, the hair growth is meant to symbolize that they're different people than that were before. Hence why Riku's hair changes the most. He's undergone a lot of strife and growth.

33 minutes ago, moon☁ said:

isn’t Roxas supposed to be physically the same age as Sora? so physically (before limit cut) he’d be 15. Ventus would have still been 16, right?

Roxas's physical form is based on Ventus to the point they're doppelgangers. For the Final Mix of KH2 Roxas's character model was slightly altered to more closely resemble Ven. At some point Roxas's hair becomes more of a dirty blond to reflect that he originated from Sora.

i'm not gonna share the link but on thredup there is a kairi hoodie. thred up btw is an online thrift store so it's not under "kairi" or kingdom hearts. so this is used
unknown.png

just happened to find it browsing through