Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

It's definitely a handheld kh game, through and through. But if you ever do get the chance, I do recommend giving it a shot at least

Personally, I like the story independently from the rest of the KH games. It's quite self-aware and it's actually to me the funniest in the series.

I think it came out in 2011?

Like I have seen a full playthrough of recoded so I do kinda know what it does right and what it does wrong for the most part

It’d be fun to actually play it someday

Just wish it coulda been put on console at some point

The systems in that game actually seem fairly well thought out and interesting to toy with

until you get judgment traid

but i didnt get that till after i beat the game

and i got all the cards in castle oblivion too

i wont spoil what happens

i will

well

it's just data squall and yuffie

One thing about Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS that impresses me is world scope, in terms of size and variation (except for Riku's side of Prankster's Paradise as it's back to Monstro's innards). Large rooms with the only worlds overtly recycling assets being Traverse Town and the tower areas of Symphony of Sorcery (reused from Birth by Sleep). Just look and rooms like Mont St Michel in Country of the Musketeers with the size, nooks and crannies. For Symphony of Sorcery the tower areas are the only maps Sora and Riku both access, they have a number of exclusive areas that are very expansive and use the Melody Catcher reality shift to manipulate. Compare with the worlds in the other handheld games, which tend reuse assets or designs from previous games or spread the same assets across multiple character stories. Terra, Ventus and Aqua individually have no exclusive maps in Land of Departure, Disney Town, Coliseum (itself a world made of four small rooms, three of which are carried over from KH1 and Days) or the Keyblade Graveyard. So for Dream Drop Distance to run what it did on the 3DS, which was new at the time the game released, is remarkable.

4 hours ago, ElectriCole said:

It's definitely a handheld kh game, through and through. But if you ever do get the chance, I do recommend giving it a shot at least

Personally, I like the story independently from the rest of the KH games. It's quite self-aware and it's actually to me the funniest in the series.

I think it came out in 2011?

The mobile game was updated episodically across the second half of 2009 in Japan, the final episode in the end of January 2010 (Birth by Sleep was released in Japan earlier that month). re:coded on the DS was released January 2011.

I have fun with it and being able to walk around Destiny Islands is something that's become far too rare an opportunity.

This might be because with DDD they needed to create some level of vertical exploration with flomotion and all. Had they designed areas with no attention to the flowmotion at all, the game probably would have been fairly boring in terms of exploration. That being said, I totally took advantage of the vertical movement capabilities to avoid bosses until my cure was charged up again.

Managed to defeat Roxas in KH2FM Critical Mode! First step was to hightail to it the nearest save point. My strategy was a few rounds of Sonic Rave in Limit Form (had Ethers equipped), then using Reflega the rest of the battle. That cutscene with Roxas and Axel that follows is beautiful,  especially "right back at ya, buddy". Now it's back to Drive Form grinding.

Pre-ordered the Character Files! I'm so glad they are starting to translate KH books that were once only in Japanese

Gonna pick up the KH 3 manga volumes when I can as well

Well at least the first one for now