Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

but time travelling is so confusing as hell, like does xehanort know about sora after the events of BBS or does he already knew about everything since the scala era, untill the event of KH3 at the keyblade graveyard?? like there is no starting point, like everything is a cycle.

like if young xehanort already went through all the events during DDD untill KH3, that means his older version already forseen everything thats gonna happen, well only up to that moment where we defeated his younger version at the keyblade graveyard.

In KH, when you’re sent back to your time after time traveling you forget everything that happened. Young Xehanort spent time in the future, but he forgot all of it as soon as his heart was returned to its proper place in time.

Same reason things play out with Ansem SoD and Xemnas as they do. They went to the future and learned of their fates, but as soon as they were defeated in the Keyblade Graveyard they were sent back to whenever they came from during KH1 & KH2 with no memories of the future.

The urge to say “beats me, KH magic” is strong, but I’m gonna try to think this out. Somebody with a greater understanding of KH time travel can correct me, but here’s my understanding:

Only one version of person can truly exist at a single point in time. Xehanort’s other selves could temporarily manifest themselves, but he needed the replicas to give them a medium to cling to. As a consequence, those people weren’t really all there. When it comes to Maleficent, she tried to return to the past after being defeated in KH1 to change her own past. However, she fell right into a trap created by MoM designed to stop people from changing the Book of Prophecies. She arrived in a data version of Enchanted Dominion where a version of her wasn’t present, so she was able to fully manifest. I assume this is why she was able to remember what happened. While there, she meets one of the 13 Darknesses who explains the rules of time travel to her and then sends her back to the present which is the scene near the beginning of KH2.

yeah things just got a bit complicated when you tryna add new lore into a story bits by bits and end up creating paradoxes along the way

but almost anygame that got time travelling is always messed up anyway.

unless they use the theory from Marvel endgame, thats a safer way to avoid misunderstanding

Square has at least put in the effort to prevent paradoxes from occurring. Could be like other IPs where it’s just a lawless free for all that results in the entire universe getting firetrucked by the Butterfly Effect.

Eh. People complain about Endgame’s time travel all the time

Pun unintended

I think KH’s problem is that they introduced more than one way to time travel. An issue Marvel is also running into.