Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

same here! i have wanted to get them my whole life, since kh is my favorite franchise, but also has my favorite music of all time. Sadly though they weren't available anywhere. a nice surprise to wake up to! i know what i will be doing in the coming weeks haha

whoops, did not mean to send a notification. sorry

Hello, it appears this is the perfect spot to voice a few hot takes I have about Kingdom Hearts to hardcore fans and see how many either justify my opinions, or agree with them. May I say something that’s been on my mind since day 1?

My hot take: They won’t let the Disney worlds crossover, and they justify it with “meddling/world order”. That’s STUPID. In KH3, it’s the worst. In the previous games, it was pretty clear that the other worlds were aware they weren’t alone in the universe. But in 3, Donald won’t let Sora even mention it. WHY? Overall, it’s super dumb. If Mickey’s House of Mouse can have all these characters crossover, then KH has no excuse. KH4 and beyond better cut that out.

well every world with heartless knows about other dimensions/worlds

but knowing other stuff exists, and knowing details about what occurs with other worlds is different.

Sora not being allowed to mention the order isnt just a kh3 thing. Their was a lack of discussion in khux&khdr as well

if you take into account original Disney characters. It is a limited circle to those supporting the side of light, and those who were affiliated to the darkness. Hence why villains like Pete and Maleficent knew things but normal Disney good characters like Hercules doesn't really know anything. Its specific info that if you ignore the boundaries of worlds crossing over, just the information alone can cause both good&serious issues depending who knows the details.

We only visit other worlds when something is going wrong. Heartless/Villains/etc. If everything went right and there were never any issues, there wouldn't be a need to traverse the worlds. Each world is entitled to handling their own issues without support of other worlds. Keybladers step in to help keep the balance with all the heartless/issues that occur un-naturally. It isn't entirely right for 1 or more worlds to meddle in the natural way of life of another world unless its a specific circumstance. just my view on it

tbh I'm perfectly fine with the Disney worlds not getting overly involved in the plot. They're primarily used as vehicles for the protagonists' character development, and to that end, I think they serve their purpose just fine.

In fact, I think getting characters like Hercules or Aladdin any more involved than they already are would come off as kinda gimmicky because they already have their own self-contained stories that they were specifically designed for.

Where I'd like to see a bit more involvement is from characters like Mickey, Pete, Maleficent, Merlon, and so forth because they tend to be more flexible in their usage. They have every reason in the world to be involved in the not only in the main plot but in the side plots of the Disney worlds and everything in-between. I mean, why not? They're all deep characters with a good range of emotions. Get some mileage out of them.

I don’t give a duke.
As I said before. Mickey’s House of Mouse was able to bring all these franchises together and were able to have them seamlessly interacting with each other, Kingdom Hearts has NO excuse. NONE!
So KH4 and beyond better cut that out

Oh eaisly, picture it:

So Sora is chilling in Quadratum, leaving his job at Japanese Starbucks, when, the sky splits open, and the Darkside we saw in the trailer shows up. They fight, but then, we see the sky turn red, and boom, there he is: Jack Garland drops in from the heavens, slices the heartless in half.

Then, Sora goes up to talk to him,

"Wow that was amazing! Where'd you come from? I'm Sora-"

"I DON'T GIVE A firetruck WHO YOU ARE."

-que boss fight-

I am known as TrinityXaos# on KH13, and I like that idea.
I was actually thinking about how Garland can fit into the overall Kingdom Hearts canon. For example, if Garland had a presence in the "reality" (Destiny Islands and Disney worlds), he could be both a legend and a dreaded name.

If Yen Sid heard of Garland, the idea that the knight was still active in the Worlds would terrify Yen Sid. And it would show.