Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

Fandom thing that is extremely funny to me

Does anyone else find it extremely funny that internet fandoms (fan art, fan fic ect) is old enough now that older fans in the fandom will reference things about how the fandom used to be and younger or newer fans- who may not have even been BORN yet when the older fans got into the fandom- get confused or surprised and the older fans will then tell them all about it? Like a grandparent telling the youngsters to gather round for a 'back in my day' story! XD

Like about how there were once INTENSE FLAME WARS about certain things in the fandom but that peoples opinions changed and now the fandoms attitudes on this thing are completely different. And how the new fans missed all this.

Or even just ship names, or terms that used to be used to describe things that weren't known yet (ex, BHK- blonde haired kid for when we didnt know who Roxas was, or how Unversed was mistranslated as Unbirths which caused months and months of theories of what that could mean, or the term 'Lemon' or 'Citrus Scale' in the fan fic community)

It's just kind funny to me that we've reached that point where the fandom feels like it has a history now that gets passed down.

I kinda feel bad for newer fans though who are just discovering these games- or anything really -where we older fans had it in it's hayday where everyone was talking about it and theorizing and stuff.

It's just not the same experience. 

Dude there seems to be a whole lot of nostalgia going around these days. I sadly got in late into the KH fandom (2010) but there are some things about the fandom that I do remember that aren't used much anymore, though I do see them crop up from time to time. Especially in fanfics and fan art. 

Edited by Alicia Maddox

Oh, like the old Saix Puppy comics, or KH Crazy (Insane/Stupid/etc) Files on youtube? 

Back when this fandom was wild and strange, with newer, crazier fan art every week. 

Everyone's pretty much mellowed these days, with the worst nonsense being some out there fics on Wattpad. 

On 4/7/2019 at 2:38 PM, Heather Chandler said:

Oh, like the old Saix Puppy comics, or KH Crazy (Insane/Stupid/etc) Files on youtube? 

Back when this fandom was wild and strange, with newer, crazier fan art every week. 

Everyone's pretty much mellowed these days, with the worst nonsense being some out there fics on Wattpad. 

Yes! Just like that. :P And I've only been on Wattpad a few times. Never been on the KH side of the site.

19 hours ago, Alicia Maddox said:

Yes! Just like that. :P And I've only been on Wattpad a few times. Never been on the KH side of the site.

There's a fic mashing KH and Heathers, KH and M.A.S.H, and KH and Resident Evil.

I mean, points for the imagination there, but those are the weirdest cross overs I've ever seen in my life. 

1 hour ago, Heather Chandler said:

There's a fic mashing KH and Heathers, KH and M.A.S.H, and KH and Resident Evil.

I mean, points for the imagination there, but those are the weirdest cross overs I've ever seen in my life. 

@.@ I'm not gonna even ask about those. XD