Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ursalink

A curious fact about the Unions in KH-III

Something interesting about the Unions.   

When I saw the list of the Keyblade wielders who won a place in KH-III, I believed that some Unions had more members in the list than others. So, I found/made a list of the names than appear (350 in total) and I have numbers about which union had the most members in the list. Check:  

1º) Vulpes Union: 141/350, 40%  
2º) Unicornis Union: 91/350, 26%  
3º) Anguis Union: 45/350, 13%  
4º) Leopardus Union: 44/350, 13%  
5º) Ursus Union: 29/350, 8%  

With these numbers, I can't avoid to think it can say a few things. Mainly that, if my theory that Ava could turn against the other Foretellers in the new conflict about Sora vs the 7 Deadly Sins, her Union having the most of Keyblade Wielders who helped Sora can't be a coincidence.

Well, what do you think of this?

Edited by Ursalink

1 hour ago, Cloaked Assassin said:

If I'm not mistaken, Jap and Eng vers have different list of names they pull from. And, I think Unicornis is Jap's Vulpes in terms of numbers. Ava has been built up prior to all of this as well.

Do you know where to find the Japanese list of names, by any chance?

Yeah, the names were picked based on the number of the special Moogle medals in UX, so those numbers are more co-incidental than planned.  Really, more people just like being in Vulpes, which is probably why they always hit 1st place in the rankings.  So it's not surprising that the most popular has the most names.  It has nothing to do with the actual story.

Back when the contest was announced for your name to appear in KHIII, the KHUX story was reaching the point where Ava was revealed to be leading the dandelions. There was such a fuss about this subject that it was noticeable how many people started joining the Vulpes Union because of the story's twists and focus on Ava back then. It's safe to assume that it's for this reason that Vulpes has more members shown in the game. Before all this happened Unicornis had the most followers, hence why the second place in rankings.

7 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

how do they know that its their name used in the game an not someone else who has the exact same name? 

I believe the people that won were notified in some manner, but I could be wrong on that. 

3 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

i would presume so, unless one of them comes forward we wont know

The only thing I would have to say about that is if they had either a fairly unique name (though that's hard to do on the internet) then it would be obvious to them, and even still I would feel that just seeing their name they would be able to feel like it was them, as there's no real way to tell that it's NOT them after all.

I can't speak for anyone but myself on that, but that's the way that I feel it would be :) 

Seeing UX usernames in that legion battle made me wish I hadn't lost my save and could have had a chance at getting mine in there. 
How boss would it have been to see the name Ventus show up? It would have been getting help from Past!Ventus!

10 hours ago, LunaCatte said:

The only thing I would have to say about that is if they had either a fairly unique name (though that's hard to do on the internet) then it would be obvious to them, and even still I would feel that just seeing their name they would be able to feel like it was them, as there's no real way to tell that it's NOT them after all.

I can't speak for anyone but myself on that, but that's the way that I feel it would be :) 

well someone had the same user name as me but spelt differently and was even in the same union so i could tell

5 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

well someone had the same user name as me but spelt differently and was even in the same union so i could tell

But that doesn't fully satisfy your question then. If the name was spelled differently, they aren't exactly alike. Which means that they know it's not them. So even if the name is similar, that's not their name. If the name was 100% the same then what would be the issue?

1 hour ago, LunaCatte said:

But that doesn't fully satisfy your question then. If the name was spelled differently, they aren't exactly alike. Which means that they know it's not them. So even if the name is similar, that's not their name. If the name was 100% the same then what would be the issue?

well thats what i wondering were if they told that it was them, i wasnt one, but i dont know if user names can double up or not 

if you werent told how would you be sure it was you and not somebody else with the same name

If you are interested, I have a link where you can find a picture with all the names in the english version. (They are just 300 names, and 50 of them are repeated). This link also have a japanese link where you can find the 300 names of the Japanese version. Here you have it:  
https://www.reddit.com/r/KHUx/comments/al9jbk/make_your_mark_names/