Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

Okay, now I acknowledge that i am very behind on the story of UX but I was just wondering if the meaning behind Chirithys name was ever sussed out. 

I mean, with how important names have been in this series theres gotta be something behind it right?

And with the whole "X/kye/key/chi" thing theres gotta be something there right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I'm aware, the meaning of this name still remains a mystery. I could be missing something as well, but I haven't found anything particularly of not on it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/25/2019 at 1:57 PM, Fates Chance XIII said:

Okay, now I acknowledge that i am very behind on the story of UX but I was just wondering if the meaning behind Chirithys name was ever sussed out. 

I mean, with how important names have been in this series theres gotta be something behind it right?

And with the whole "X/kye/key/chi" thing theres gotta be something there right? 

Doesn't the X come from the Greek language?  I am not sure about chi but it sounds like the energy source that comes from human beings according to Taoism (I think that is the religion).

Edited by ienzo628

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

Doesn't the X come from the Greek language?  I am not sure about chi but it sounds like the energy source that comes from human beings according to Taoism (I think that is the religion).

X does indeed come from the Greek language! Chi was just a reading of it that they did for the original browser game Kingdom Hearts X[chi]. It wasn't intended, to my knowledge, reference the energy but was just used as a different way to pronounce the X, again lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LunaCatte said:

X does indeed come from the Greek language! Chi was just a reading of it that they did for the original browser game Kingdom Hearts X[chi]. It wasn't intended, to my knowledge, reference the energy but was just used as a different way to pronounce the X, again lol

I guess it was a coincidence.   I have seen Christmas simplified to XMas because I guess the X is short for Christ or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...