Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

What is the worst world in Kingdom Hearts III?

What is the worst world in Kingdom Hearts III?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst world in Kingdom Hearts III?

• Olympus
    • Twilight Town
    • Toy Box
    • Kingdom of Corona
    • Monstropolis
    • Arendelle
    • The Caribbean
    • San Fransokyo
    • 100 Acre Wood
    • Keyblade Graveyard
    • Scala ad Caelum

I hate to be the killjoy here, but I have to say the Toy Box. While it was something that I enjoyed the concept of, "having" to use the mechs to do meaningful damage without risking dying just felt clunky and gimmicky to me after the first couple of times. If they had kept it to certain fights that would have been wonderful, but making it a persistent thing throughout the entirety of the world was too much.

I dont really count 100 AW as a world because it was just a place to do minigames. There wasnt anything else there.

Arendelle was the worst for me. There was so much potential and it just dropped the ball.

Minimal involvement in the plot, WE MEET EVERYONE ONCE AND THEN NOT AGAIN UNTIL THE END!! We dont even meet Hans outside of seeing him once, we dont even learn his name or why he's doing what he's doing!

Which was a problem in a lot of worlds this time. We and the Org were barely involved in the plot at all. 

It's not like say KH2 where we were:

Helping Mulan join the army and in her training while tracking down the heartless to find out more about what the Org was up to.

Helping the Beast stop listening to Xaldin so he didnt get corrupted because they wanted his heartless and nobody

Or in Port Royal, where we helped save the main characters and stopped Pete in his trouble making and falling for Luxords attempt at taking advantage of the situation by making things worse to get us to beat more heartless.

In Space paranoids we figured out how to access AtWs computer and  and get info from that.

Pride Lands Pete is causing trouble and we stop him and unfortunately again help Org by beating lots of heartless.

Disney Castle, Halloween Town, Olympus and Agrabah are the only other worlds where I can say they didnt have much impact on the plot with the Org or Pete but they were still really well written with us getting involved in the plot and were a lot of fun besides.

In every world we either learned something, stopped the bad guys who were being helped or used by the Org or Pete, or we land there and the heartless are causing trouble so we stop and help. Which it isnt a huge leap of logic to guess why that world is in the trouble its in (the Org trying to get us to collect hearts) but we are heroes and aint gonna just leave.

KH3 is pretty devoid of that in almost EVERY world. 

The places it get close is Corona, Toy Box and Monstropolis. Monstropolis and Toy Box I feel were the best but even then none of what was happening in any of the worlds had anything to do with getting the power of waking back and the Org was barely involved in the worlds.

I honestly dont know what happened this time arround. Was it disney and pixar holding too close to their IP or what because this really great and grande story did not stick the landing as well as I had hopped.

Spoiler

Arendelle was the worst one in my opinion. I didn’t hate it, but basically all you did was climb up that one mountain over and over again. Kinda tiring.

The only reason I’m not voting for 100 acre woods is because I hate 100 acre woods. And since it was so short I was relieved. But technically it’s the worst world.

I hope you have a sewing kit nearby Pooh, because I'm about to rip you a new one.

The worst world is 100 Acre Woods.

What a f**king waste. I don't know what kind of sh*t show Square was trying to put on with this world, but it was terrible. Yes, it counts as world, because Square counts it as a world on the official website, and it should be judged and compared to the other worlds. Every world certainly has its flaws, but they all seem minor compared to the dogsh*t that was 100 Acre Woods.

"(Insert World) was just gimmicky/forced gimmicks". At least those worlds HAD a gimmick. 100 Acre Woods just had a janky as f**k minigame (times three!). The gimmicks at least were mixed with combat and (let's be honest) you didn't HAVE to use the gimmick or it at least it wasn't that long.

"(Insert World) was just a retread of the movie". I'll take a boring retread over... whatever the heck happened in the 100 Acre Woods. Ideally we'd get new stories for every world, but a retelling of a decent movie is a right side better than NOTHING happening at all.

"(Insert World) was visually boring or had a poor level design". First off, it would probably take about fifty 100 Acre Woods to fill up ONE ROOM of any other world, so walking through a factory, going up & down a mountain, or sailing the ocean is way more engaging than being trapped in a room with stuffed animals. Secondly, while the worlds may not be the most imaginative (Arendelle, Monsters Inc.), I can't exactly say they're wrong. Every world stayed true to its movie's environment, so any gripes with the location or journey is really more to do with the movie. Compared to 100 Acre Woods, which just left a giant smelly pooh (pun!) on all the Winnie the Pooh movies.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I'm sorry, NOTHING is worst than the 100 Acre Woods in this game. While other worlds may be considered disappointing, the 100 Acre Woods was just straight up insulting. It was insulting to the KH3 game, the KH series, the Winnie the Pooh IP, the player, and for Sora and what he was doing there. Unlike any other world in any other KH game, I really wish this world was just NOT in KH3 at all.

Its funny because I was never really a fan of 100 acre wood in any of the games but as soon as I was done playing those 3 mini games I was like "wait that's it?" I had higher hopes for twilight town and arendelle

all you do in Arendelle is walk to Elsa over and over again, and Sora may as well have not even been there for all he did. Really, if Sora just never landed on the world the same ending would've been reached. Even for the one time that Sora saved Elsa from some heartless, she could've taken them out herself, or Larxene would've taken them out incase Elsa was a princess of heart.

also I can't believe you forgot about the final world. </s>

Arendelle is a huge waste of potential and it feels like most of it is just filler. Freaking mountain climbing and sledding.

At least you can leave 100 Acre Wood whenever you want and move on with the plot.

I'm disappointed how Twilight Town only has the Tram Common, Forest and the Mansion areas. I was expecting a lot more... Also I thought Radiant Garden world (playable) will be a thing. But I was wrong...

On 2/26/2019 at 3:37 PM, ocean's rage said:

100 acre wood just a little disappointing compared to previous ones

Yeah, it was nothing but one single mini game and there was barely anything to do with it.

In essence, I do not think it was the worlds that were the problem but how the story was told. Therefore, I can safely conclude that if we had the chance to experience the story in cuts than just one whole thing, the game would have just that been much more enjoyable.