Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Flo-chao

*Spoilers* About the last segment of the game...

So I just wanted to say I hear people praising the endgame segment a lot, especially in comparison to "the lack of story in Disney worlds".

I liked KH3, don't get me wrong, but I kind of felt insulted by the whole endgame's events (from the start of Keyblade graveyard onwards) and the lack of logic in any moment of it...

I'll just list the things that make my head spin, if you want to comment, thank you. Do not feel obliged to agree either.

Spoiler

1) We have heroes fight thousands of ennemies, and finish them off with an attraction, power that is never introduced nor explained in the game and that will never be used after that in cutscenes.

2) After they regroup, they encounter Terranort. He just destroys Ventus (I believe it is okay for Aqua to be slow to react here) and Lea. He proceeds to attack Kairi who doesn't summon her key blade (that's dumb), Sora protects her... with his body and not his Keyblade (that's dumber)

3) Donald gets an epic moment with ZettaFlare. But what if they didn't go back in time ? Donald just killed Terra there.

4) Donald is down because of exhaustion, understandable. But would any of the others use Cure on Ven and Lea ? It's not like it was never used in cutscenes before... Instead, they just look after them.

5) The Dark wave appears and everyone just seems to give up even though they literally destroyed thousands of ennemies minutes ago in a flying train.

6) The wave appears to swallow everyone without them even acknowledging it's existence.

7) Sora breaks down which leads me to many points here that don't make sense :

- As a player we never saw those dark waves harm anyone in the games, the worst it did was give Riku a haircut, so why is Sora so sure everyone is gone forever ? The only one he met fled mid battle.

- Why is the wave so powerful ? Last time I checked the Keyblade graveyard is part of the Realm of Light, Mickey says at the start of the game that the waves are powerful because they were in the Realm of Darkness. Here they should be weaker.

- One of the basis of KH's lore is that pureblood heartlesses steal hearts from leaving things when they attack them (hence the gameeover screens in any game). Doesn't that mean that everyone should have been turned into emblem heartlesses and create nobodies ? They should have never wandered into the Final World, as Chirithy himself explained that only those whose body and heart were lost together would appear here.

8 ) Why was the wave here ? If they were controlled by Xehanort, he just have foiled his own plan : killing Kairi is both killing a Gardian and a Princess. He needs either the gardians or the princesses for the X-blade. Sora says Kairi never passed on her powers, while Ansem's report 9 said the princesses were the one upholding the realm of light. Killing a princess is supposed to be the worst thing that could happen for both the Realm of Light and Xehanort's plan.

9) After the Final World segment, everyone returns to the KG. They all seem to know what happened just before. There is no indication they went back in time. Then the exact same events happen again but Lingering Will intervenes. How did Namine call for him ? Why couldn't she do that before ? Why was the cutscene with Namine missable ?

10) Terranort is once again beaten. But here the 13 darknesses appear. How did the old Xehanort come back ? I mean they now have both Terranort and Xehanort. Is Xehanort a replica ? It doesn't seem to be the case based on the ending.

11) Donald and Goofy stays with Yensid to fight the ennemies. Why do everyone seem powerless now ? They just beat the same guys and 7 Keyblade wielders aren't supposed to be weaker than a Yensid...

12) Mickey is holding back Marluxia, Larxene, Luxord and Xemnas by himself ? Why did he seem powerless before ?

13) Terranort is beaten by Sora, Aqua and Ventus, even though he scared them so much just before. The gardian is revealed to be Terra's heart, just like theorised from that scene in DDD. Where did Lingering will go now ? Is Terra complete again without Lingering Will ?

14) Xion's presence doesn't make any sense. First, how did the bad guys remember her when everyone forgot about her even Ansem the wise that researched Sora's heart. Why is she on the bad guy's side ? Why is nobody reacting to her having a Keyblade ? Why did she just suddenly switch sides when her heart is (last time I checked) still inside Sora ?

15) Were did Roxas get his key blades ? One is his own but the other ? I guess a replica was sent to Keyblade Graveyard by Ienzo and Ansem, which Roxas's heart went into, but why are there key blades ? and why did Roxas' heart leave Sora's ?

16) Kairi is captured again... Not a plot hole or something completely impossible, but sadly a disappointing story event for me.

17) Why did Marluxia and Luxord help Xehanort again ? Larxene was following Marluxia, but those two weren't possessed or anything. If someone like Demyx is free to do what he wants, why did they obey ?

18) Young Xehanort is a jerk for no reason, and his arrogance doesn't coincide with Xehanort's motives nor does those motives seem logical considering Xehanort's character.

19) Didn't Xehanort have one Key too much to create the X-blade ? Also, the X-blade is said to be separated in 20 pieces, how do 13 pieces recreate it ?

20 ) Everyone create a portal through Xehanort. Did they enter Xehanort's heart ? Would make sense because of how he twists Scala ad Caelum, but then why is Kingdom Hearts inside his heart ? And when he is defeated why doesn't this world inside his heart disappear ?

21) We still don't really understand what the power of waking is completely and are to assume Sora's usage is dangerous for him. Young Xehanort seems to say the power of waking is the power of reaching a world through a heart, then what is the power Sora uses ? Why is the power of waking necessary to enter the world of darkness when Aqua didn't have it and Riku and Mickey never seem to use it ?

Phew, that was long. If you read through all that, I'm both thankful and sorry. Now that I ranted, I hope I can come to term with this story.

Edited by Flo-chao