Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ocean's rage

Pokemon Sword and Shield

I was very late to the game (quite literally) with Pokemon. I liked the anime as a kid but I was never into the games. Pokemon Sun was my first proper Pokemon mainline RPG game and I loved it. Enjoyed Lets Go as well. Looking forward to this one. I'm not super into Pokemon but I do play a lot of RPG and yeah - I've enjoyed what I have played of them so far so I'll be getting Shield.  

I'm looking forward to these games despite being disappointed at the prospect of not having the national dex. 
I got over the Pokemon anime at the start of Hoenn but have always had an on and off interest in the games and at least 2 of the starters, Grookie and Sobble are cute. I'm leaning towards sobble myself. 

20 hours ago, Ventus_ said:

I'm looking forward to these games despite being disappointed at the prospect of not having the national dex. 
I got over the Pokemon anime at the start of Hoenn but have always had an on and off interest in the games at least 2 of the starters, Grookie and Sobble are cute. I'm leaning towards sobble myself. 

I just hope they come up with something for the national dex, it wasn't the first time since we lacked the inclusion of the Dex.  Wasn't Sun/Moon/Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun lacking a national dex?

2 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I just hope they come up with something for the national dex, it wasn't the first time since we lacked the inclusion of the Dex.  Wasn't Sun/Moon/Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun lacking a national dex?

I've only just recently finished Moon and started the post-game plot with Looker but I believe you may be right. 

9 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

true but all the other pokemon were still programmed into the game

16 hours ago, Jingilator said:

The Zigzagoon line got a new variant and even an evolution, and Weezing is now channeling the power of Doug Dimmadome.

I'm loving this game the more I see of it! And seriously, Team Yell? I swear, the teams in Pokemon games are starting to border on ridiculous. What happened to the badass teams like Aqua, Magma, Galactic and Plasma? Now those were threatening! Oh well, but I shouldn't underestimate them, I guess. :3

On 8/5/2019 at 4:05 AM, ocean's rage said:

yeah nothing to do but wait and see

edit: new info on wednsday, around the usual time

Nice, I'm guessing it's the trailer above me!

2 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

I'm loving this game the more I see of it! And seriously, Team Yell? I swear, the teams in Pokemon games are starting to border on ridiculous. What happened to the badass teams like Aqua, Magma, Galactic and Plasma? Now those were threatening! Oh well, but I shouldn't underestimate them, I guess. :3

well i d guess its cause for the villain teams they gone in a different direction from the full on super villains of those four and settled into the delinquent youths angle

and yes it was that trailer as i had posted that before hand

On 8/8/2019 at 1:02 AM, The Transcendent Key said:

It's almost as bad as Team Meanies aka Gengar's rescue team from Red and Blue Rescue Team. 

On 8/8/2019 at 4:29 AM, ocean's rage said:

well i d guess its cause for the villain teams they gone in a different direction from the full on super villains of those four and settled into the delinquent youths angle

and yes it was that trailer as i had posted that before hand

Hmm, I honestly don't like that direction much. But oh well, what can be done?

On 8/9/2019 at 5:05 AM, ienzo628 said:

It's almost as bad as Team Meanies aka Gengar's rescue team from Red and Blue Rescue Team. 

Interesting! I've never played that game!

Team Yell reminds me of football fans. Fanatically obsessed and actively against anyone who doesn't like their team. They could have had two antagonistic teams to reflect this, and it'd have made more sense than Team Aqua vs Team Magma in Hoenn. It could also offer a different angle in that while observers think they're just hooligans, they still cause trouble through their conflicts. To add some character depth to the player character, maybe the PC supports the opposite team who's antagonising everyone, and the more the player character achieves, the more they're harassed.

The way Team Yell fanatically support one of the rivals also puts me in mind of fandoms of pop stars. The kinds of fans who jealously desire to protect the object of their fascination, who show up in crowds with signs saying "marry me" and hate whoever is dating their beloved singer the person being dated isn't them.

Edited by jbmasta