Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

At least one other Kingdom Hearts title will release before a "KH4", according to Kingdom Hearts III Ultimania

Kingdom Hearts III Ultimania (the official companion book for Kingdom Hearts III) has released today in Japan. Details from the book, and particularly the important interviews contained within, are starting to appear online. These details give hints towards the future of the series.

One thing said is that there will be at least one Kingdom Hearts title that releases before a Kingdom Hearts 4. They also stated that they can't talk about the next title yet, but that "concepts for various works" that come up in the interview. This follows series director Tetsuya Nomura's comments about the future of the series made yesterday.

Thanks go to @aibo_ac7 and @khunion for these details and interview translation.

View full article

I wonder what platform it's gonna be on... While I'm hoping they decide to keep it on the PS line, I'd be down to play KH on the Switch (so I'm hoping those rumours are true about porting KH1.5+2.5 onto the Switch). 

5 minutes ago, blue490246 said:

I wonder what platform it's gonna be on... While I'm hoping they decide to keep it on the PS line, I'd be down to play KH on the Switch (so I'm hoping those rumours are true about porting KH1.5+2.5 onto the Switch). 

I doubt it will come to the Switch if they will keep the standard they have now. Apparently, KH3 likely wouldn't run well on the Switch due to it requiring better hardware than the Switch can offer and I'm not sure SE would adjust to that just so they can publish it on the Switch.

I would be happy if it could be ported for those who want to play it on the Switch but I also don't want them to spend too much time tinkering with any future game or even saving in quality just to make it possible. Especially now that they've gotten used to the engine, I hope they will just stick to that and not resort to too many experiments. 

Right now, I don't think they will do this console hopping again. The handheld consoles are starting to disappear one after another without new ones taking their place and I think the whole purpose of the remixes was to get it all on one console again. It would be kinda ironic if they now started with the whole console hopping again.

I also don't see a reason to. Most people who play KH own a PS4 (or maybe even PS5/whatever the successor will be called by then) by now or an Xbox One with older consoles. Veering off to the Switch now with an exclusive title or changing the game's technology seems like a stupid move.

Which isn't to say I don't support the Switch but I currently see no reason for them to consider it if it really would mean too much extra work and I'd rather they work with what they know for now instead of trying too many ambitious projects.

For now it would be a good start to just bring the remixes to the Switch and especially the Xbox One so that they're going away from favoring one console over the other. Especially the Xbox One shouldn't be too problematic. With the remixes on the Switch, they can already gauge how interesting the franchise is for the audience since Nintendo's consoles have also always been aimed at families and not just gamers.

I personally believe the Switch is actually a great console for KH if it weren't for the rather drastic hardware differences. KH is a franchise that also appeals to a younger audience and the idea to always take the games with you is very interesting. It might be a good way to get new fans into the series as well.

That's awesome! I don't care of the next game is a main game or side-story. Not getting my hopes up but maybe the next game will feature Kairi as the main characters before Sora's new journey in Kingdom Hearts 4. I hope Nomura decided to make Kairi a playable character in the next game.

Edited by Movies798

I think I speak for some people when I say our first knee jerk reaction to this was...
Related image
But hey, it is what it is. I wish the next KH game was starting off clean, but unfortunately it gets to inherit some of the KH3 burden.

35 minutes ago, Merilly said:

I doubt it will come to the Switch if they will keep the standard they have now. Apparently, KH3 likely wouldn't run well on the Switch due to it requiring better hardware than the Switch can offer and I'm not sure SE would adjust to that just so they can publish it on the Switch.

I would be happy if it could be ported for those who want to play it on the Switch but I also don't want them to spend too much time tinkering with any future game or even saving in quality just to make it possible. Especially now that they've gotten used to the engine, I hope they will just stick to that and not resort to too many experiments. 

Right now, I don't think they will do this console hopping again. The handheld consoles are starting to disappear one after another without new ones taking their place and I think the whole purpose of the remixes was to get it all on one console again. It would be kinda ironic if they now started with the whole console hopping again.

I also don't see a reason to. Most people who play KH own a PS4 (or maybe even PS5/whatever the successor will be called by then) by now or an Xbox One with older consoles. Veering off to the Switch now with an exclusive title or changing the game's technology seems like a stupid move.

Which isn't to say I don't support the Switch but I currently see no reason for them to consider it if it really would mean too much extra work and I'd rather they work with what they know for now instead of trying too many ambitious projects.

For now it would be a good start to just bring the remixes to the Switch and especially the Xbox One so that they're going away from favoring one console over the other. Especially the Xbox One shouldn't be too problematic. With the remixes on the Switch, they can already gauge how interesting the franchise is for the audience since Nintendo's consoles have also always been aimed at families and not just gamers.

I personally believe the Switch is actually a great console for KH if it weren't for the rather drastic hardware differences. KH is a franchise that also appeals to a younger audience and the idea to always take the games with you is very interesting. It might be a good way to get new fans into the series as well.

Yeah, the more people that can play the series the better. Not to hate on KH3, but it isn't exactly the most demanding game, and it might be worth cutting down on the enemy count & particle effects in order to put it on the Switch.

I don't think the next game is on the Switch either, but ever since someone pointed it out, I can't get it out of my head:

What do the color of Yozora's eyes remind you of?

Image result for kingdom hearts 3 yozora

Related image

Edited by Green Sparrow
Mis-spelled something.

3 minutes ago, Green Sparrow said:

I think I speak for some people when I say our first knee jerk reaction to this was...
Related image
But hey, it is what it is. I wish the next KH game was starting off clean, but unfortunately it gets to inherit some of the KH3 burden.

Yeah, the more people that can play the series the better. Not to hate on KH3, but it isn't exactly the most demanding game, and it might be worth cutting down on the enemy count & particle effects in order to put it on the Switch.

I don't think the next game is on the Switch either, but every since someone pointed it out, I can't get it out of my head:

Hide contents

Related image

Interesting.

1 hour ago, blue490246 said:

Good god no, no more KH games we need to buy a new exclusive console to play!

Edited by AnotherXehanort13

Well, at least it's just one game now...right?...RIGHT!?

In all seriousness though, I'm fine with this, so long as they don't go crazy with the detours again. Like there aren't really too many mobile platforms anymore, so it would have to be console-based, and it wouldn't make any sense to keep dishing out midquel after midquel without ever getting to the next number for a long time like before.

Also, I have to admit, it would have felt very weird to go straight to KH4, like I don't think we've ever done that before, lol.

I don't think SE would swap over to switch exclusively and leave out all its fans on PS ...they did all those remixes, so for the switch to have an exclusive is a pretty dumb idea on their part as the majority of their fanbase use a ps4.

Ehh i dont mind that its not "KH4" all of the games relate to the story...i just hope the game is set in the present or during the middle of KH3... like i guess you could count DDD as a mini kh3 as it was set after 2 but was limited in that it was on a handheld instead of a console

1 hour ago, Green Sparrow said:

I don't think the next game is on the Switch either, but ever since someone pointed it out, I can't get it out of my head:

It's definitely not the most demanding but even my old PS4 was reaching its limits with certain battles and scenes. The Switch doesn't exactly shine with a comparable hardware but Nintendo has never attempted to compete in that aspect anyway since they define themselves by lots of exclusive titles and being the family friendly console with different types of controls. Especially the portable aspect is interesting but since that thing is hardly larger than a regular tablet, the hardware possibilities are actually fairly limited in comparison to its competitors which mainly attract gamers.

But quite frankly, it doesn't have to. High-end performance isn't everything and neither are pretty graphics but of course that also means that porting from other consoles becomes difficult when the games are made for a more advanced/more powerful hardware. There's nothing bad about that, it's just a limitation a lot of developers aren't willing to adjust to just to release it on another console. It probably wouldn't take that much for KH3 to be made to fit but it's still time and money that goes away from developing the next game.

I can understand that sentiment, too. The Switch is a product that caters to a different need than the PS4/Xbox One do and they made it with exactly that in mind. However, it also means that fans have to accept the idea that not every game is possible on the Switch. Which should be obvious if people just compare the data sheet. It's by no means a bad console, just not made for everything. I think the best example is BotW. The Wii U version and the Switch version barely have a noticeable difference and I doubt that's only because the developers were too lazy.

That comparison is awesome though. xD Yozora will forever be known as the Joy-Con character for me now. Thanks for that.

1 hour ago, Green Sparrow said:

Related image

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

Related image

I think the eyes are another Noctis reference but maybe it could double as a Switch reference, but they would have to downgrade the graphics from Unreal again so I dunno

I think they should go the route of remastering Re: Coded and Days on the switch. It shouldn't be too difficult to do, programming or rights wise as it would still be on a Nintendo system. Coded especially could benefit from portability with the avatar sector. Hopefully this next transition title will be on the PS4, or 5, depending on when it comes out I guess.

Edited by Darkfire1408

It's clearly going to be a Union Cross remake for consoles. The mobile application cannot last forever, and playing the waiting game for Kingdom Hearts IV gives Square Enix more modern Disney properties to choose.

8 hours ago, blue490246 said:

Gotta keep up the Tradition

4 hours ago, Darkfire1408 said:

I think they should go the route of remastering Re: Coded and Days on the switch. It shouldn't be too difficult to do, programming or rights wise as it would still be on a Nintendo system. Coded especially could benefit from portability with the avatar sector. Hopefully this next transition title will be on the PS4, or 5, depending on when it comes out I guess.

And while they are on it kingdom hearts x to question is should they use the old or new engine

1 hour ago, The Unversed said:

Who else saw this coming? Cause I sure did haha xD 

Which means there will only one remix version of utadas New song bummer

I like how they put it indirectly that there will be "at least" one game. We all know there'll be way more :^)

Although I do like the spin offs, I don't wanna see 3 games before kh4... It gets ridiculous and each game tends to want a different console. Eiiither way~

I feel the next game is going to be a kind of mix of BBS and DDD. The secret ending made it feel as if Sora and Riku were WAKING UP and also kept watching like to each other's direction... as if they were separated but on the same place... kinda like what happened on Traverse Town in DDD. The BBS part I think would happen in having three different scenarios to complete the story: Sora, Riku and (if god wants to listen to my prayers) Kairi.

Nomura.... MAKE-IT-HAPPEN!

9 hours ago, Connected said:

I'm totally fine with this if it's going to be a Re: χ[chi] remake and just sums up the whole story (Unchained, Union Cross & Back cover)

I really want this to happen, I actually quite like KH:x (CHI) Story :)