Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KHUX Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] to receive an update with a new world, and the main story starting to progress drastically

Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the Kingdom Hearts series, has been interviewed by Dengeki PlayStation about Kingdom Hearts III and the future of the Kingdom Hearts series. Regarding Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross], Nomura stated that an update containing a new world is coming, and that the main story of the game will start to progress drastically, with secrets starting to be unveiled.

Thanks go to our translator @sololonlon for these details. 

View full article

I'm mostly expecting a new Disney world that didn't get to be featured in KH3...but how cool would it be if Nomura subverted expectations and made it a new original world that we haven't seen yet?

Also, really looking forward to seeing the new story updates. Maybe we're finally reaching endgame after all? Or at least Keyblade War flashback missions?

Uhuh...

I feel like he's been saying that a lot these past months and even a year ago when the new world was announced for who knows when... But whenever it felt like the story would pick up, there's been months of fillers in-between. I just hope with KH3 out of the way, they finally do what they've been announcing time and time again.

1 hour ago, Merilly said:

Uhuh...

I feel like he's been saying that a lot these past months and even a year ago when the new world was announced for who knows when... But whenever it felt like the story would pick up, there's been months of fillers in-between. I just hope with KH3 out of the way, they finally do what they've been announcing time and time again.

Yeah, despite Nomura's hyping it up, it doesn't feel like much has happened with regards to either the English or Japanese versions of Union Cross. 

You know, they also said a new world would be coming last year. ?

EDIT: This page hadn't updated with the previous 2 comments when I posted.

Edited by hawk222

3 minutes ago, hawk222 said:

You know, they also said a new world would be coming last year. ?

EDIT: This page hadn't updated with the previous 2 comments when I posted.

Whoa, really?   I hope Nomura delivers this time. 

58 minutes ago, Ursalink said:

Considering what we learnt from KH3, I would put my bets that the new world will be... Scala ad Caelum. 

I’m sorry, but not on your life. It was confirmed that this would be a Disney world.

14 minutes ago, Jingilator said:

I’m sorry, but not on your life. It was confirmed that this would be a Disney world.

Where? Aside of Olympus Colisseum, all the other worlds are from the Princesses of Heart. The only one missing would be Kairi, and that would be Radiant Garden, back when she was little. Since Daybreak Town has started to glitch, is obvious Scala ad Caelum should be the next worl to explain whay the ruins of this world are under water. 

15 minutes ago, Jingilator said:

Not only that but unless he went back on what he said, it was confirmed it would be a world which has not been in KH3.

Spoiler

And if what the Ultimania revealed is translated correctly, Scala ad Caelum is connected to Daybreak Town, so it technically already is in the game.

7 minutes ago, Ursalink said:

Where? Aside of Olympus Colisseum, all the other worlds are from the Princesses of Heart. The only one missing would be Kairi, and that would be Radiant Garden, back when she was little. Since Daybreak Town has started to glitch, is obvious Scala ad Caelum should be the next worl to explain whay the ruins of this world are under water. 

7 minutes ago, Merilly said:

Not only that but unless he went back on what he said, it was confirmed it would be a world which has not been in KH3.

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

And if what the Ultimania revealed is translated correctly, Scala ad Caelum is connected to Daybreak Town, so it technically already is in the game.

Okay, I think I’ll take a bet; if it’s Scala ad Caelum, I’ll change my profile picture to Bubsy until my high school graduation (and that’s assuming it gets revealed before then). If it’s a Disney world…well, Ursalink needs to have a quote from Bubsy himself as his emmener title.

1 hour ago, Jingilator said:

Okay, I think I’ll take a bet; if it’s Scala ad Caelum, I’ll change my profile picture to Bubsy until my high school graduation (and that’s assuming it gets revealed before then). If it’s a Disney world…well, Ursalink needs to have a quote from Bubsy himself as his emmener title.

xD

I think you'd have a good chance of winning that bet if we just base it on what Nomura has said. Of course things might have changed in the meantime but I highly doubt it. Why go out of his way to say it is a world that does not appear in KH3 just to go back on it and have it be Scala ad Caelum?

I also think a Disney world is most likely. KHUx's only original world so far has been Daybreak Town along with the Keyblade Graveyard (which might not be a different world), both of which originating from KHUx. There's also the realm of darkness, though I don't really consider a shapeless stage of purple, red and black much of a world on its own, considering it's its own realm. Since the current KHUx basically uses data to simulate worlds, the chances it will use a new original world is slim and as mentioned above, a known world would be going against previous announcements. Final Fantasy and TWEWY are also out for me for the reason that there's no real purpose to introduce a world for either of them currently. Most FF characters were tied to Disney and/or original worlds and recent interviews make it seem like TWEWY isn't of much interest right now.

Since Disney plays a large role and we're still missing some new Princesses of Heart, it's fairly reasonable that the new world will be a Disney property that has not been featured in KH so far. Too many factors point in that direction.

Old worlds are also out for the count because there's no real reason to hype them up so much. And Radiant Garden would likely be among those worlds which have been missing entirely due to that Darkness fellow claiming there are things that they don't want anyone to see due to them being a possible danger.

Another thing is that the developers know people are getting tired of visiting the same old worlds. Agrabah has become so much of a running gag that all parties are aware of it and it's not even funny anymore. KHUx needs new content if it wants to hold the interest of people and that can't be done with 5 minutes of relevant cutscenes every few weeks or even months with the rest being fillers of worlds every single one of us has likely played and seen for the hundredth time already. 

Edited by Merilly

1 hour ago, AxelRoxasXionKH said:

It's gonna be pirates. 
Some of the boss arenas have been very similar to the ship graveyard from KH2 Port Royal. 

I hope it's the scrapped Treasure Planet world.

If the new wolrd turns out to be a disney world, I'd day it would be Ralph's World since he's a summon in KH3 and his movie talks about bugs and glitches, which is what is happening in the main story of KHUX. 

If it's a KH world, pretty sure it would be Scala Ad Caelum