Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

Things I forgot were things in this fandom: Roxel

....ok so I was on pinterest the other day and i saw this picture of of a boy with red and blonde hair and a name came to mind I havent thought of in probably a decade. 

Any one remember Roxel? Oh god just typing that name brings back such cringe from my adolescence.

He was a fan art character from way back that was a fusion of Axel and Roxas. And he was EVERYWHERE for a while there used to be a lot of art for him back in the day. I dont even remember where he came from but dear god I completely forgot about him. 

I dont know when he fizzled out as a concept but I'm now filled with a desire to go find more of him just so see what I find. 

Anyone else remember him? I know there was also a Riku and Sora version of him but I dont recal his name.

ohhhh I completely forgot... remember seeing some art of him on internet when I first joined the fandom (about 10 years aho).

A bit nostalgic, in the weirdest way. Kinda cringy too, but sometimes I miss all this cringy stuff from back then, Nowadays fandoms always seem so serious it’s kinda draining.

Or maybe I’m just getting older.

Probably the latter. xD

4 hours ago, littleTSUBAME said:

ohhhh I completely forgot... remember seeing some art of him on internet when I first joined the fandom (about 10 years aho).

A bit nostalgic, in the weirdest way. Kinda cringy too, but sometimes I miss all this cringy stuff from back then, Nowadays fandoms always seem so serious it’s kinda draining.

Or maybe I’m just getting older.

Probably the latter. xD

Probably because a lot of the fandom was still adolescents back then! Lol!

Fan art and fanfic in general has grown up alot mostly because the fans have grown ul. Its weird to think back to or even see old art before things like memes were a thing when we were all still going through the cringy fandom phase! ?

My favorites were the Xemnas and Xigbar reports comic. It was very funny and i still find scans of it randomly floating arround out there

I remember Roxel. XD That was when I first got introduced to the franchise. Way back before I knew who Axel and Roxas were. Never saw the Sora/Riku version. Didn't even know there was one. XD Anyone remember the Saix puppy comics? I vaguely remember those too. 

4 hours ago, Alicia Maddox said:

I remember Roxel. XD That was when I first got introduced to the franchise. Way back before I knew who Axel and Roxas were. Never saw the Sora/Riku version. Didn't even know there was one. XD Anyone remember the Saix puppy comics? I vaguely remember those too. 

Oh Saix puppy....that concepts ghost still haunts the fandom and fanart to this day I swear!!

I see hints of it in fan art all the time and wonder how many people get the reference to something so old!! 

It makes me cringe a little to hear that name but also makes me kinda nostalgic XD

It's funny these memes before memes that burned bright in the fandom once, that got fanart of its own and remade and remixed until they fizzled out but still get references only older fans remember.

There was also a Demyx puppy i think once...

17 hours ago, Fates Chance XIII said:

Oh Saix puppy....that concepts ghost still haunts the fandom and fanart to this day I swear!!

I see hints of it in fan art all the time and wonder how many people get the reference to something so old!! 

It makes me cringe a little to hear that name but also makes me kinda nostalgic XD

It's funny these memes before memes that burned bright in the fandom once, that got fanart of its own and remade and remixed until they fizzled out but still get references only older fans remember.

There was also a Demyx puppy i think once...

I think you might be right about that. And since I came late into fandom, I'm sure there were many more inside jokes and memes I didn't get in on. Someone should make a thread about old KH memes like Saix puppy and Roxel. Kind of like a fandom history page or something. :)

15 hours ago, Alicia Maddox said:

I think you might be right about that. And since I came late into fandom, I'm sure there were many more inside jokes and memes I didn't get in on. Someone should make a thread about old KH memes like Saix puppy and Roxel. Kind of like a fandom history page or something. :)

Now there is an idea!