Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Who disappointed you the most in Kingdom Hearts III?

Who disappointed you the most in Kingdom Hearts III?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who disappointed you the most in Kingdom Hearts III?

• Donald
    • Ienzo
    • Master Xehanort
    • Sora
    • Vexen
    • Riku
    • Kairi
    • Mickey
    • Master Yen Sid
    • Someone else? Share below!

I need to say Kairi, but I don't know if I can realy blame her. As a character (like, personality) she was good, but man, the writers just really dropped the ball with her.

Damsel in distress, hostage and sacrificial lamb all in a row with her only getting one big role prior to all of that and barely any action with her. I don't know what I was expecting, but for her to get fridged for practically no reason? (As in, Xehanort had absolutely no need to off her, it was just done so the game would end the way it did) It's absolutely my biggest disappointment with the game. Kairi's been one of the original trio since KH1. She deserves so much better.

The one that disappointed me the most in Kingdom Hearts 3 is Tetsuya Nomura, because if you think about it, he was the one responsible for making Kingdom Hearts 3 so sloppy that it did not get to be that much enjoyable for me. I know this because there are certain hidden elements in the game that could have made it a 100x more enjoyable.

Xehanort was a huge disappointment, because allllll these games and then that ending... /shrug

Kairi was pretty much ALWAYS like this, so not much disappointment there :^)

I do agree with another user though, that Nomura is the one that truly disappointed me and many fans.

Edited by Maffy

32 minutes ago, Shanks0407 said:

The one that disappointed me the most in Kingdom Hearts 3 is Tetsuya Nomura, because if you think about it, he was the one responsible for making Kingdom Hearts 3 so sloppy that it did not get to be that much enjoyable for me. I know this because there are certain hidden elements in the game that could have made it a 100x more enjoyable.

Tfw ninja'd

Nomura disappointed me the most, and now all I feel is pain.

Although the game was pretty much enjoyable to me and I didn't feel disappointed in any segment, I wanted Kairi to

Spoiler

Show some good moves. But we can't blame her at all, it was her first real fight and it was the toughest one. No matter how much she trained, real experience is only obtained in real battles. Either way, at least she saved Sora after everybody was struck down. 

We can't really blame Nomura objectively. He did make a good vanilla KH game with a worthy ending and many fans really enjoyed it, so he wasn't bad at all. And we can't forget he was working on two big projects and it was pretty much difficult for his team to get used with this UE4 for the first time. Either way, I have a feeling that the new scenes will indeed be worthy it, and will make it more enjoyable to those who are unsatisfied about certain characters

Spoiler

Hope we get some kind of scene between Kairi and the original Xehanorts after she's kidnapped. She could surprise us, but it depends on Nomura if he wants to save it for the next game. 

Also, I have a feeling that we'll understand Master Xehanort's intentions better with that "Final Mix" addition

Edited by VocaloidLover13

31 minutes ago, teh lazy prince Xylek said:

Riku, not his character but playing as him...he was very bare in this game i know hes only there for one fight then might as well never had made him playable 

His playable fight helps establish the difference in power between him and Sora after the events of 3D.

Edited by Karxrida

From this list I picked Master Xehanort because of the boss fight.  He was the almighty final villain of the series up to that point and his boss battle didn't even feel like a threat.  Even stupid Demyx's boss fight in KH2 was 100x more challenging than Master Xehanort's.  Well, pretty much every boss fight in KH3 was really weak compared to previous games.

6 hours ago, Roxasrox said:

I need to say Kairi, but I don't know if I can realy blame her. As a character (like, personality) she was good, but man, the writers just really dropped the ball with her.

Hide contents

Damsel in distress, hostage and sacrificial lamb all in a row with her only getting one big role prior to all of that and barely any action with her. I don't know what I was expecting, but for her to get fridged for practically no reason? (As in, Xehanort had absolutely no need to off her, it was just done so the game would end the way it did) It's absolutely my biggest disappointment with the game. Kairi's been one of the original trio since KH1. She deserves so much better.

Spoiler

Well, at least the way I look at it, Xehanort had to ensure that one of the lights would fight against him with all their strength. Being the last one standing, the Guardians could have refused to attack, leading to the failure of his plan and the X-blade never being reforged. Additionally, forging the X-blade would be useless if he perished in the process. So he needed to ensure that someone would attack him with all their strength, but recklessly, so he'd be sure to survive. So killing Kairi was necessary to make sure that Sora would attack blindly. If he had just threatened her life, Sora would have been more careful and had a clearer head when attacking him, and he would have risked losing his life for no reason. He had no qualms about doing it because he was already planning to basically incinerate the universe. So abducting and killing Kairi was cold and calculating, and while he didn't consider it that serious, as she would die along with the universe in a matter of hours anyway, it wasn't done on a whim. This was the final piece of the puzzle, leading to the forging of the X-blade and, very nearly, his victory.

Spoiler

If only Xehanort had bothered to bother Sora in Twilight Town maybe we had gotten a bigger hub world and some mid game. So even though Kairi was being a total wuss and she should from now on only be used as pillow stuffing, I'm looking at Xehanort for doing the bare minimum. 

8 hours ago, Roxasrox said:

I need to say Kairi, but I don't know if I can really blame her. As a character (like, personality) she was good, but man, the writers just really dropped the ball with her.

Hide contents

It would have been nice if they had implied that the keyblade that was used from Kairi's sacrifice was similar to the Keyblade To People's Hearts from Kingdom Hearts 1.  At least, Nomura could have explained in game why Kairi was needed like in Kingdom Hearts 1 when Ansem Seeker of Darkness, Maleficent, and the Disney villains were kidnapping the original POHs.