Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

(If it were a possibility) Which Star Wars world would you want in Kingdom Hearts 4?

(If it were a possibility) Which Star Wars world would you want in Kingdom Hearts 4?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. (If it were a possibility) Which Star Wars world would you want in Kingdom Hearts 4?

• Phantom Menance
    • Attack of the Clones
    • Revenge of the Sith
    • A New Hope
    • Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi
    • The Force Awakens
    • The Last Jedi
    • Rebels
    • Clone Wars
    • Rogue One
    • Solo

Honestly the prequels would make the most sense to me, as it could be seen as they encounter a lot of scenarios that the original trilogy didn't. The new trilogy could also work. All in all I'm not a fan of Sora and co. being in Star Wars universes, but I have to pick The Phantom Menace cus Darth Maul is my favorite villain of the series and Qui Gon my favorite Jedi ?

Ideally you want a world to be a self-contained story so that Sora and Co don't just leave while major plotlines are unresolved (so definitely not Attack of the Clones). But since you also want the stories to be new, interesting and to work as part of the broader KH narrative, it's best to adapt the source material to original plots. I'd say the TV shows would lend themselves well to that because it's effectively like Square Enix writing an episode with SDG in it. Rebels in particular would fit in well with the setting of a party of heroes wandering around fighting evil, even if I do prefer the Clone Wars.

If it had to be a movie then Solo, despite not being particularly popular, would also be quite easy to work with since it's not part of a trilogy (yet). They really couldn't do Rogue One, but I would love to see them try. Fitting Sora into THAT movie? I'd need to see it with my own eyes.

I know Nomura loves Star Wars (from what I heard, they brought Mark Hamill into this series kinda sorta because of his love for Star Wars....there can never be coincidences with Nomura LOL). I can probably guess he would go for the original, particularly New Hope. It could end up like Pirates where they set up the simplicity of the movie's plot then move on to the final in the big numbered title (example, New Hope in next game and Return of the Jedi in KH4). It's the matter of set-up, regardless whether or not Nomura heavily favors Empire Strikes Back from the originals. But I will be quite honest, sounds difficult to make Star Wars a world because it is not one, but a galaxy of it's own. I mean, they can separate and call it a Galaxy Far Far Away or something, but which worlds in Star would be worth exploring. Most of us would say the Death Star, but that gets blown up and there's not much else to do after that (unless we explore Tatooine or the Moon on Endor LOL). Don't want to get carried away with this, but I still would love Star Wars to be part of Kingdom Hearts in some way if they were given the power and the right ideas for it. However, I think the series is already infected with Star Wars references (Xemnas Lightsabers, BIrth By Sleep is equivalent to Revenge of the Sith in a way, Luke Skywalker is a Jedi/Keyblade Master, gummi ships exploring worlds, light side vs dark side, and of course "May Your Heart Be Your Guiding Key").

A New Hope is the original "de facto" Star Wars film. But if they were to follow it's plot, they wouldn't be able to have Luke as the sole Party Member. They would only be able to choose between both old Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi or Han Solo and Chewbacca, in terms of popularity, they could go with the latter. But honestly, the former makes more sense wielding a Lightsabre and everything. He would only be playable up to the point when the heroes leave the Death Star but after that, Sora, awakening to the powers of the Keyblade Glider like Ventus, Terra and Aqua. He could be able to fight alongside Luke during the Death Star run, that would be awesome to see. :]

If they included The Phantom Menace during Birth by Sleep, that would make more sense and an all no to The Force Awakens. The Prequel Trilogy makes up in storytelling where it lacks in quality whereas the Sequel Trilogy is the exact opposite. It has quality but lacks storytelling. I know I am being biased but the only good characters that seem to appear from the Sequels are only Poe Dameron, Commander Hux and BB-8. 

If they decided to make an original story set during the Original Trilogy, they could potentially do so by setting it during the three year gap between both A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Or during the one year gap between both Empire and Return of the Jedi. They could maybe even set it after the events of Jedi with the Rebellion rounding up the remaining forces of Stormtroopers and somehow, "Darth Vader" returns with the involvement of the Heartless. But if taking what they did with Pirates of the Caribbean in Kingdom Hearts III into consideration, odds are they'll start with A New Hope and continue directly onto Jedi. Since like Dead's Man Chest, Empire also ends "midway". 

These are my guesses anyway. 

Honestly, it's hard to say, it would really depend on what you wanted to do with any of them in terms of adaptation. It might even be a better idea to come up with an original scenario. But again, it all depends on how you go about it. I mean most people would want to see Sora face off against Darth Vader, but then again there are so many other iconic moments throughout the series that you could honestly do almost all of them. Well, I say almost, I won't deny that Ep. I and II are VERY politic heavy so it might be hard trying to adapt that into the KH format. Considering the popularity of the new series, it might make more sense to do the New Trilogy, but again, it's kinda weird starting from a point where a lot of background has already happened. Yeah they were able to get away with Pirates because it was just ONE movie, but starting from the Force Awakens? That's 6 whole movies of story to consider. Still, I'm sure there's some way to make it work. Nomura and the team(s) always manage to come up with some kind of crazy compromise (for better or worse), so I'd still be intrigued to see what they would do with an opportunity like this.

Phantom menace would probably work best. I could see the gang getting caught by the Trade Federation in their Gummi Ship, which would certainly catch their attention, especially if they let slip it runs on laughter. Perpetual clean energy anyone? Then with the help of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, they manage to escape and agree to help protect Queen Amidala, end up on Tatooine, nice Pod-Race minigame and Maul fight. Fighting battledroids to reclaim Naboo, and finishing in a space battle alongside Anakin in the Gummi Ship.