Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

If 358/2 Days got a Final Mix, what extras would you want?

And i dont mean a KH3 style remake, maybe bring it up to look like KH2 or BBS and put it on the switch or something. The game structure is unchanged just like in other FMs- we're just adding stuff.

So, what would you want?

I'd like extra cutscenes between Axel and Saix, mayhe flashbacks to when they first joined or their time before being a nobody and encoutering X. Maybe even have more time with Axel, or more reports be unlockable from what he was thinking at the time with Roxas looking like Ven and ect.

I'd also like Roxas and Xion to have more missions together and more dialogue between the two. Like have missions to some worlds where he originally went alone be with her and they have more conversations or something. Same with other Org members. Now that we know what they are, I'd like hints of it in their dialogue in these interactions. Or at least have us get to know them and flesh them out a little better. 
 Maybe even have a new world or two like with Pinocchio. There were plans to have that included. 

Secret bosses!
And how cool would it be to give it a secret movie? One that gave us a hint at Xigbars identity, or the KHUX connections between Axel and Saix or Xemnas plan with the ancient keybares or something?

What would you want to see?

I would like two things in particular, more unique moves bar Limit/Final Limit for each Organization Members and the original idea that was not realized which is each member having their respective Subordinate Nobodies under their commands in battles (as party members?).

36 minutes ago, Cloaked Assassin said:

I would like two things in particular, more unique moves bar Limit/Final Limit for each Organization Members and the original idea that was not realized which is each member having their respective Subordinate Nobodies under their commands in battles (as party members?).

Yeah, I mean in KH3 we got to see Marluxia and Larxene's Nobody underlings.  I wish they had given Vexen, Lexaeus, and Zexion some Nobody underlings.  Also, since it would no longer be on the DS, there could be more development story wise that Nomura could exploit like putting in those scrapped files between Gideon and Honest John. 

Things I would like to see? Oh gosh, so many to name.

1: Roxas being able to use the Samurais as summons when on missions.

2: The Pinocchio world that was scrapped for time. I can't believe a world like Neverland that really added nothing to Days was included, but a Pinocchio world that would have tied into the Replica aspect of the Organization, didn't make it in. One of the biggest crimes in Days. This world would have been great for the story.

3: More original missions. Instead of repeating the same missions over and over, create some tricky Heartless bosses to defeat. While the original game did do that, it was limited by the DS. A KH2 style format could have you hunting down some really wild Heartless with sneaky attack patterns that must be learned. I like the mission concept, I just don't think it was used to it's full potential. And the hardware it was on is part of the reason.

4: More Organization interactions with each other. Roxas has pretty solid interactions with all the Organization members he talks to, but we don't get to see them talk with one another that much. It does happen, but it's quite uncommon. I would like to start a day with Roxas entering the common room and he sees Xigbar, Luxord, Demyx, and Xaldin at the table playing a game of cards. Maybe one of them cheats and Luxord calls them out on it, or something funny like that. Just to show how the "bad guys" are like when not forcing people to open their hearts to darkness.

5: One big fight scene together. Either after or before Xion is inducted, I would have TWTNW under attack by a giant Heartless as the intro battle. In a rare occasion all 13 members fight off the giant Heartless and destroy it together. Just the sight of Xemnas-Roxas all fighting together would be a massive treat and would serve as a great opening title for 358/2 Days. It can show off all the Organization members powers as they slay the giant Heartless. It's something you wouldn't see anywhere else.

6: Other playable characters in storymode. Axel and Xion are a given, but maybe you could play as other characters too. like Xaldin stalking the Beast in Beast Castle when Roxas and Xion aren't there. Or how about while Roxas is training with Phil in Olympus, Demyx explores a bit and learns about the stone that he later steals from Hades in KH2. And on the missions with Roxas I would have the Organization team up with him more.

7: More worlds. Kinda ties in with my number 2 spot. But since Roxas acts differently in worlds then Sora, I don't see the harm in him having missions in new Disney worlds that Sora hadn't explored yet. And when you add in Xion and her memory bomb, it's the perfect excuse to wipe it away if you want to include that world in a future Sora title.

8: Gag reel. Something I wanted since I first finished the game. Have some fun with these guys. Xion in particular has so many comedy gold potential in how weird she is. Have one where all the Organization members see her doing something and they see someone else. Doesn't even have to be canon. Examples. Zexion and Lexaeus see her reading on the couch and they both see her as Riku. Larxene and Marluxia catch her using the Keyblade to scratch her back and see her as Namine. Saix sees her skipping in the halls and it's just a random puppet. The entire Organization watch her randomly dance for no reason and she morphs between Sora, Ventus, Roxas, Riku, Namine, Kairi, faceless puppet all in under 30 seconds and it baffles them. The possibilities are endless XD

9: Coliseum style battles with Roxas and his team. Make it fully customizable where Roxas can teamup with any Organization member. Even the the Castle Oblivion ones. This is a non canon section of the game. Xemnas-Xion are all available for Roxas to partner with as they battle swarms of powerful Heartless.

10: Heartless Organization XIII. Being a side game I would create a side mission where there was a Organization XIII knock off made up of 13 Heartless and a weird 14th Heartless puppet that Roxas runs into every now and again on missions. Kinda like the Mushroom XIII but these would be different Heartless species. They would be secret enemies to encounter and Roxas. Maybe take one down with Xaldin at Beast Castle, another one with Xion in Agrabah, Demyx in Olympus, Axel in Twilight Town, you get the idea. I think that would be a cool side enemy for the Organization to have when not dealing with Riku.

That's all I can think of for now for a 358/2 Final Mix. I really wish one existed.

Edited by SweetYetSalty

If 358/2 Days got a Final Mix, was brought up to KH2 or BBS graphics & was put on the PS3 or 4. I'd really like to be able to play as the other Organization XIII members again, but with more extra combat moves & also some more limit breaks, maybe even team limit breaks as that would be cool to see. I had a lot of fun playing as them in the DS game. :D

Edited by The Unversed

An ideal Final Mix for this game would be one in which we get to have more character development for the rest of the Organization members. This group of villains is probably one of the most interesting in gaming, and it's a shame that a good many of them are underdeveloped. And in a game that focuses on them, it would've been awesome to get more insight on them, ya know? But since the story pivoted towards Axel, Roxas and Xion the most, it's understandable. But ideally, I'd love more exposition and development with the other members! That and new secret bosses, of course!

10 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

An ideal Final Mix for this game would be one in which we get to have more character development for the rest of the Organization members. This group of villains is probably one of the most interesting in gaming, and it's a shame that a good many of them are underdeveloped. And in a game that focuses on them, it would've been awesome to get more insight on them, ya know? But since the story pivoted towards Axel, Roxas and Xion the most, it's understandable. But ideally, I'd love more exposition and development with the other members! That and new secret bosses, of course!

And especially with the other members now being more important to the plot with the whole *spoilers* revealed about them, it would be a great way to flesh them out a bit more. 

Even if it was just giving us more of their reports!

Like remember how you unlock secret reports in Roxas diary? Which dont have the names of the authors but are clearly written by the other members?

That would be a perfect way to do it if dedicating extra screen time to them would break the flow. Because their indifference to Roxas is kind of what makes his relationship with Axel and Xion special in context. 

No one else really cares about Roxas or seeks out his company unless they're on a mission (and even then, *ehm, Demyx flaking off, and Xigbar just leaving at the start of a mission*)

It serves a plot and story and character purpose, but seeing more of the Org was a huge hope at the time it came out and was a huge disappointment to a lot of the Org fans. 

And though some of that has been made up for in the novel, it still would be nice to have a bit more. 

And I think the best way to unlock more of their reports would honestly be either through playing them in mission mode or having a cavern of remembrance type place where you could choose a member of the Org to play as and then go up against other members.

And this would be a great post game thing to do! Opened by doing things in story!

Or even what about giving each member like an Ultima weapon that you could craft so you could use it while in mission mode or in these data battles! And the ingredients could either be gained by that character during their mission modes (which would encourage you to go through all the missions as each of the characters).

But then, A TWIST! Have it be so that if you've crafted the ultima weapon for that character, every time you fight that character in the data battle THEY HAVE THAT WEAPON!! And it now becomes a totally different fight!

Or alternatively have like a little setting choice before the battle that says like, "Start" and "Ultimate challenge" so that you can go back to fight them in their normal state with their normal weapons if you wanted. 

Dude I want this so FREAKING BAD!

On 6/24/2019 at 12:35 PM, Fates Chance XIII said:

And especially with the other members now being more important to the plot with the whole *spoilers* revealed about them, it would be a great way to flesh them out a bit more. 

Even if it was just giving us more of their reports!

Like remember how you unlock secret reports in Roxas diary? Which dont have the names of the authors but are clearly written by the other members?

That would be a perfect way to do it if dedicating extra screen time to them would break the flow. Because their indifference to Roxas is kind of what makes his relationship with Axel and Xion special in context. 

No one else really cares about Roxas or seeks out his company unless they're on a mission (and even then, *ehm, Demyx flaking off, and Xigbar just leaving at the start of a mission*)

It serves a plot and story and character purpose, but seeing more of the Org was a huge hope at the time it came out and was a huge disappointment to a lot of the Org fans. 

And though some of that has been made up for in the novel, it still would be nice to have a bit more. 

And I think the best way to unlock more of their reports would honestly be either through playing them in mission mode or having a cavern of remembrance type place where you could choose a member of the Org to play as and then go up against other members.

And this would be a great post game thing to do! Opened by doing things in story!

Or even what about giving each member like an Ultima weapon that you could craft so you could use it while in mission mode or in these data battles! And the ingredients could either be gained by that character during their mission modes (which would encourage you to go through all the missions as each of the characters).

But then, A TWIST! Have it be so that if you've crafted the ultima weapon for that character, every time you fight that character in the data battle THEY HAVE THAT WEAPON!! And it now becomes a totally different fight!

Or alternatively have like a little setting choice before the battle that says like, "Start" and "Ultimate challenge" so that you can go back to fight them in their normal state with their normal weapons if you wanted. 

Dude I want this so FREAKING BAD!

Indeed, indeed! There's so much potential for a full remake of Days, given how the Organization are fan favorite characters of the series! And yeah, I know!!!! The fact that a good many of the original members are from the Age Of Fairy Tales makes things all the more intriguing! Seeing scenes with Xigbar recalling his goal that the Master Of Masters bestowed upon him and everything! And whatever it is that Luxord is hiding being teased in some context! And then possibly getting more insight into how he recruited Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx and Luxord! Gahh, there's so much that can be done!

And your idea for the combat side of things is splendid! :D