Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I have some ideas, but they could all be wrong. : D

At first I thought maybe they'll remake Union Cross, since it seems to be pretty relevant to the next saga (could be called Re: Union lmao). But Union Cross doesn't seem to be ending any time soon, so maybe not? Seems a bit weird to have important plot details in a mobile game, although that's nothing new. I would really like to have a proper console version of Union Cross someday, though. I'm actually weirdly invested in the story and the characters, but as a game I just don't enjoy it at all.

(Just as a sidenote; now that I'm thinking about it, it could also be something that's not exactly Union Cross, but heavily tied to it. Idk how though.)

Spoiler

Maybe something that explains more about the foretellers and especially Luxu's mission. OR could also be about the Dandelion leaders and what exactly happened to them. That might cross over too much with Union Cross' story though...

One thing I'd really like to see is a Xehanort-centric game, where they properly explain his backstory, and what's the deal with Scala and how it connects to the overall lore... but I'm not sure how Nomura would feel about that, since Xehanort saga has already ended. Maybe he just wants to move forward already. Which is a shame, since KH3 left me with SO MANY unanswered questions.

Spoiler

They could also just jump straight into explaining what happened to Sora. Maybe a rescue mission of some sorts (if they do this, it'd be cool if we could play as both Riku and Kairi)?

But honestly who knows. It's Kingdom Hearts, anything could happen. : DD

5 minutes ago, littleTSUBAME said:

At first I thought maybe they'll remake Union Cross, since it seems to be pretty relevant to the next saga (could be called Re: Union lmao). But Union Cross doesn't seem to be ending any time soon, so maybe not? Seems a bit weird to have important plot details in a mobile game, although that's nothing new. I would really like to have a proper console version of Union Cross someday, though. I'm actually weirdly invested in the story and the characters, but as a game I just don't enjoy it at all.

(Just as a sidenote; now that I'm thinking about it, it could also be something that's not exactly Union Cross, but heavily tied to it. Idk how though.)

Hide contents

Maybe something that explains more about the foretellers and especially Luxu's mission. OR could also be about the Dandelion leaders and what exactly happened to them. That might cross over too much with Union Cross' story though...

One thing I'd really like to see is a Xehanort-centric game, where they properly explain his backstory, and what's the deal with Scala and how it connects to the overall lore... but I'm not sure how Nomura would feel about that, since Xehanort saga has already ended. Maybe he just wants to move forward already. Which is a shame, since KH3 left me with SO MANY unanswered questions.

Hide contents

They could also just jump straight into explaining what happened to Sora. Maybe a rescue mission of some sorts (if they do this, it'd be cool if we could play as both Riku and Kairi)?

I really like those ideas! I would like them to do with UX how they did backcover. I would really like them to do a game where the main character is someone we haven't gotten to play as before or in a while. I would love to have a game that focuses on Kairi or Lea. I just want them to make a proper twilight town haha

8 minutes ago, littleTSUBAME said:

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

I was thinking a Union Cross console port too, though you do have a good point about Union Cross not being done yet. At the same time, it could very well be that they're approaching a conclusion with Union Cross and then they'll release a console port along with a follow-up to pick up where the mobile version left off. Something along the lines of Persona 3 FES where it came packaged with both the original and a built in sequel.

Spoiler

I would also love an installment involving Lea and Isa setting out to find the mystery girl they befriended in Ansem the Wise's castle. I feel like that's going to be a huge part of the events to come, and it would be great to be able to play as Lea (and not just in mission mode). Playing as Isa would also be an awesome bonus!

I also love the idea of a prequel game involving Xehanort and Eraqus' backstories. I don't think we're done with those two characters yet, if the secret reports and final shot of the epilogue was any indication. So I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for an entry focusing on them. And again, being able to play as them would be an added bonus.

Hasn't Nomura already said that whilst he would have liked to have expanded on Xehanorts earlier life he cannot do so as it wouldn't have truly have been the end of the Xehanort saga?

As for the next game I would like more development towards a certain character who seems to be absent during the secret ending 

You know what really bothers me? When the secret ending to bbs came out, the one where aqua sees castle of dreams for the first time, there was a short scene was kairi was with the twilight town gang at the old mansion. they never explained that and that kinda annoys me. I would like kairi game where shes doing something in twilight town lol

I want a game where Kairi takes an adventure around worlds as a sorta actual training instead of the fast tracked one she took to make her a Guardian of Light. I believe it was their mistake to fast track her and Lea, she may of had training but she didn't have an hands on approach to being a Keyblade wielder which caused her to be struck down. Since she survived I think maybe that's what the point of all the build up was. She definitely can't go back to Destiny Islands now. She's a main player now in the bigger keyblade order, this side game can cement her as such.

Edited by Goyan-Tanuki

8 hours ago, Goyan-Tanuki said:

I want a game where Kairi takes an adventure around worlds as a sorta actual training instead of the fast tracked one she took to make her a Guardian of Light. I believe it was their mistake to fast track her and Lea, she may of had training but she didn't have an hands on approach to being a Keyblade wielder which caused her to be struck down. Since she survived I think maybe that's what the point of all the build up was. She definitely can't go back to Destiny Islands now. She's a main player now in the bigger keyblade order, this side game can cement her as such.

I like this idea. Maybe a game along the lines of 3D wherein Kairi and Lea must go out on an adventure in order to complete their Mark of Mastery. There's no way they completed it in that little frozen in time world where they did their training. Now that Kairi is a keyblade wielder, there really is no excuse for keeping her on the sidelines. Give the girl something to do, nomura!

5 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I like this idea. Maybe a game along the lines of 3D wherein Kairi and Lea must go out on an adventure in order to complete their Mark of Mastery. There's no way they completed it in that little frozen in time world where they did their training. Now that Kairi is a keyblade wielder, there really is no excuse for keeping her on the sidelines. Give the girl something to do, nomura!

My concern regarding something like that is...Kairi doesnt seem to have a real partner at the moment...i mean the thing with Axel/ Lea was cool but he seems like someone who would rather abandon any partner in favour of being with Roxas and then Xion... so i only really see him as a temporary party member for Kairi. Both of them just trained together so I wouldn't compare it to the mark of mastery, although it would be a good thing for them to do later

5 minutes ago, no1animekhfan said:

My concern regarding something like that is...Kairi doesnt seem to have a real partner at the moment...i mean the thing with Axel/ Lea was cool but he seems like someone who would rather abandon any partner in favour of being with Roxas and then Xion... so i only really see him as a temporary party member for Kairi. Both of them just trained together so I wouldn't compare it to the mark of mastery, although it would be a good thing for them to do later

Well, they wouldn't necessarily have to travel together. But they did train together so it would probably nice to see them go out on their Mark of mastery at the same time, y'know? I'd like to see their friendship get stronger.

19 minutes ago, no1animekhfan said:

There's technically quite a few keyblade wielders who have not achieved the master's level  yet. There's Sora, Kairi, Lea, Ventus, Xion, and Roxas. I don't really know if Terra counts but regardless, there's so much potential for side games revolving these characters. It would be cool to see a Ven and Roxas game.

17 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Well, they wouldn't necessarily have to travel together. But they did train together so it would probably nice to see them go out on their Mark of mastery at the same time, y'know? I'd like to see their friendship get stronger.

I agree I hope that those characters who have connected in the past continue to grow their bond and not make it appear like how Roxas and Ven reacted to seeing each others faces XD...Like the only time Kairi might have spoken to Riku was when they were both checking on Axel and you can see their mouths are moving....or they both could have just been trying to talk to Axel instead

1 hour ago, Mkucherina said:

There's technically quite a few keyblade wielders who have not achieved the master's level  yet. There's Sora, Kairi, Lea, Ventus, Xion, and Roxas. I don't really know if Terra counts but regardless, there's so much potential for side games revolving these characters. It would be cool to see a Ven and Roxas game.

I've never been a big fan of the Keyblade title ranking system that BBS introduced. Sora has a greater level called "main character" which laughs at the master title. Terra and Roxas I'd argue are just as strong as Riku and Aqua. Terra might want to become a legit master because it was his dream, but I doubt Roxas cares. I suppose it all depends on who is coming back post KH3 to see who gains the Master title. But power scaling in KH is all plot relevant.

A Kairi and/or Lea centered game would be amazing, especally since they both got the short end of the stick in KH3, especally Kairi. Basically any character other than Sora, though he is my favorite character, but I would love to play as a character we have not played as before (not including the multiplayer mode or whatever in Days).

Knowing Nomura, the side game could literally be anything. Even the most obvious answers couldn't be right. XD Doesn't mean we can't guess though. :P Speaking of obvious answers, just going off what's been set up in KH3 alone, we have some interesting possibilities.
The most "obvious" set up for the side game would be a story centered around Kairi and her attempts to find out where Sora went and how to possibly bring him back as well as continue her training.

Another possible scenario would have the side game focus on the Foretellers and picking up where the Epilogue left off. In this case, either one or all of the Foretellers could be playable characters, or Luxu could be the main playable.
Another good rout for the side game would be a remaster of the UX game made for the PS4/5. That would be the perfect lead into the new arc and if reworked, it could explain gaps left in KH3. 
An off the wall idea would be a side game focusing on Yozora and the world Sora and Riku find themselves in in the Secret Ending, with the main playable being Yozora himself. This would make some sense since its pretty clear that Sora and Riku have somehow found themselves in Yozora's world. 

16 hours ago, Alicia Maddox said:

Knowing Nomura, the side game could literally be anything. Even the most obvious answers couldn't be right. XD Doesn't mean we can't guess though. :P Speaking of obvious answers, just going off what's been set up in KH3 alone, we have some interesting possibilities.
The most "obvious" set up for the side game would be a story centered around Kairi and her attempts to find out where Sora went and how to possibly bring him back as well as continue her training.

Another possible scenario would have the side game focus on the Foretellers and picking up where the Epilogue left off. In this case, either one or all of the Foretellers could be playable characters, or Luxu could be the main playable.
Another good rout for the side game would be a remaster of the UX game made for the PS4/5. That would be the perfect lead into the new arc and if reworked, it could explain gaps left in KH3. 
An off the wall idea would be a side game focusing on Yozora and the world Sora and Riku find themselves in in the Secret Ending, with the main playable being Yozora himself. This would make some sense since its pretty clear that Sora and Riku have somehow found themselves in Yozora's world. 

Those would all be great games! I think the next side game is going to feature a young Eraqus and Xehanort going on their journey to become masters. I tihnk a fun title could be like an anthology of some sort where each part is related to one another. The first part can be something related to UX. It can involve something about Luxu, the fortellers, or the new union leaders. The next part can be about a young xehanort and eraqus and how they became masters. This can tie into the previous part by having it end with Xehanort meeting Luxu. The final part of this game could be Kairi gearing up and going on a journey to hone in on her keyblade skills and going to save Sora. I took inspiration for this from the secret ending of birth by sleep how each of the three parts occurred at different times but were ultimately all related to one another. 

On April 6, 2019 at 5:44 PM, Alicia Maddox said:

All these ideas are amazing! I'm down for any of them, or just all of them! :D