Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fates Chance XIII

A place for Days fans, and a hashtag for a remake

I've noticed a lot of people talking about wanting a Days remake on twitter and other places and I think it ought to have a hashtag. Or a place to talk about it, or even just a place for Days fans to share stuff specifically about it. Because there seem to be a lot of people talking about it but we're all scattered arround. It'd be cool if it was all in one place.

Anyone got any ideas? 
I think #RemakeDays is simple enough, but if anyone has any clever ideas for one that'd be cool.

And no, I dont care if it's unlikely the game will get a remake. It'd still be nice to have a place to talk about Days for Days fans.

I think it would be awesome.  Maybe rework things a bit, make combat a little smoother and more defined.  I always thought the panel system was interesting and took some planning out for items, spells, levels, and gear.  And would greatly benefit from adding Wifi, so anyone can get into a group and play as their fave org members, rather than having to find someone nearby with the game.  The only chance I ever got to play multiplayer was when I convinced my sis to pick up the game so we could play together, but she didn't really care for it too much.  She prefers watching the KH games, rather than playing them.

I already posted my ideas for what I would want out of Days in another post. That being said I'd love for a remake of one of my favorite KH games. The game that sold me on Roxas and Organization XIII. How I would love to play this game on a powerful engine with updated everything from boss fights to even some worlds we can explore. How I dream of it.

If they were to do this I would totally be on board. The game was great, but there were things that definitely could have been improved, not the least of which was the panel system. It was an interesting concept, but having to stick every single thing onto that panel system was very frustrating. I constantly found myself having to weigh the advantages of having either more magic or more items, and I did not like it. Not that I want them to scrap the panel system, just tweak it and make it more efficient. The combat could use some work too. 

If they were to go ahead with a Days remake, I would want them to do a kind of BBS thing where Axel, Roxas and Xion are all playable in their own story campaigns. Axel kept getting sent out on recon but we never really got to see what he was doing while he was gone, aside from a couple of brief scenes. And it was implied that Xion was having issues with her connection to Sora during missions with other members, but we never saw this aside from that one mission with Axel and Xigbar, and at that point it was really late in the game. 

My point is, the original game had some annoying holes that I think could have been filled if they'd made Axel and Xion playable in the main story in addition to Roxas.  

On 3/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, Allwil13 said:

If they were to do this I would totally be on board. The game was great, but there were things that definitely could have been improved, not the least of which was the panel system. It was an interesting concept, but having to stick every single thing onto that panel system was very frustrating. I constantly found myself having to weigh the advantages of having either more magic or more items, and I did not like it. Not that I want them to scrap the panel system, just tweak it and make it more efficient. The combat could use some work too. 

If they were to go ahead with a Days remake, I would want them to do a kind of BBS thing where Axel, Roxas and Xion are all playable in their own story campaigns. Axel kept getting sent out on recon but we never really got to see what he was doing while he was gone, aside from a couple of brief scenes. And it was implied that Xion was having issues with her connection to Sora during missions with other members, but we never saw this aside from that one mission with Axel and Xigbar, and at that point it was really late in the game. 

My point is, the original game had some annoying holes that I think could have been filled if they'd made Axel and Xion playable in the main story in addition to Roxas.  

That would be cool to see Axel and Xion's perspectives during the event of Days. Especially seeing them interact with the other members, like how Roxas got to on missions. I forget where but I remember hearing that Luxord use to play cards with Axel sometimes. He even comments on Axel's death in the KH2 final mix version. It would be cool to see them playing a game of cards in the castle sometime. Or Axel interacting with Xigbar more often. A battle of smooth talking between them. The game also implied Xion had some sort of interactions with Demyx, as she defended him when Roxas was talking about him behind his back, and Demyx was shocked that a person he's been talking to was a puppet. There's so much more I want in a Days remake. Better not get my hopes up though.

Edited by SweetYetSalty

8 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

That would be cool to see Axel and Xion's perspectives during the event of Days. Especially seeing them interact with the other members, like how Roxas got to on missions. I forget where but I remember hearing that Luxord use to play cards with Axel sometimes. He even comments on Axel's death in the KH2 final mix version. It would be cool to see them playing a game of cards in the castle sometime. Or Axel interacting with Xigbar more often. A battle of smooth talking between them. The game also implied Xion had some sort of interactions with Demyx, as she defended him when Roxas was talking about him behind his back, and Demyx was shocked that a person he's been talking to was a puppet. There's so much more I want in a Days remake. Better not get my hopes up though.

I like to think that a Days remake is something they still want to do. I remember that Nomura said the original plan when they came up with the idea for HD 1.5 Remix was to remake Days in full HD. Like not just the cinematic, but a fully fledged remake. But in the end they ran out of time. Or money. Or space on the disc. Or all three. 

They ran out of something. Regardless, I remember he mentioned that and it gives me hope that he still wants to do it.

Oh, and in the KHII novel Axel played cards with Luxord. Apparently he was frustrated because he kept losing haha.

4 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I like to think that a Days remake is something they still want to do. I remember that Nomura said the original plan when they came up with the idea for HD 1.5 Remix was to remake Days in full HD. Like not just the cinematic, but a fully fledged remake. But in the end they ran out of time. Or money. Or space on the disc. Or all three. 

They ran out of something. Regardless, I remember he mentioned that and it gives me hope that he still wants to do it.

I would suggest that if they do a remake that we got to play as all three of them roxas campain stays the same exactly as it was in the original while xion and Axel get new storylines with all the stuff mentioned. On that subject i recently finished the book to the game and have to say hearing xion amd axels thoughts could improve the whole dilema by a huge margin

Also more interaction between the Organisation members please not just our main characters but for exampel let xigbar annoy larxene or get luxord beat demyx  in a card game over and over again

2 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

I would suggest that if they do a remake that we got to play as all three of them roxas campain stays the same exactly as it was in the original while xion and Axel get new storylines with all the stuff mentioned. On that subject i recently finished the book to the game and have to say hearing xion amd axels thoughts could improve the whole dilema by a huge margin

Also more interaction between the Organisation members please not just our main characters but for exampel let xigbar annoy larxene or get luxord beat demyx  in a card game over and over again

YES. All of what you just said! Honestly, Days has always felt like one of the weaker entries in the series to me and I think it's because there were so many more things they could have done with that premise but they only scratched the surface. And to be fair, I imagine they could only fit so much on the SD card. A remake could add so much more and give us so much insight into the stuff that went on behind the scenes. 

We really need more of Axel's experiences during the game because he was in the organization way before Roxas and Xion. In fact in 3D it was stated that he and Saix were there when it first formed. Imagine the things he knew that we didn't learn about! And the relationships he had with the other members.

6 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

YES. All of what you just said! Honestly, Days has always felt like one of the weaker entries in the series to me and I think it's because there were so many more things they could have done with that premise but they only scratched the surface. And to be fair, I imagine they could only fit so much on the SD card. A remake could add so much more and give us so much insight into the stuff that went on behind the scenes. 

We really need more of Axel's experiences during the game because he was in the organization way before Roxas and Xion. In fact in 3D it was stated that he and Saix were there when it first formed. Imagine the things he knew that we didn't learn about! And the relationships he had with the other members.

I'm surprised neither Roxas or Xion ever asked Axel how they collected hearts before they came along. I mean it's the Organizations primary objective in Days and KHII, and since they're the newest members that just joined one must ask what they did before they got a Keyblade wielder in their ranks. It would be funny if Xemnas was putting pressure on Vexen to make a Keyblade wielder before they got Roxas and they all failed, leaving the the Org to do not much of anything but sit around until Roxas is born lol.

1 hour ago, SweetYetSalty said:

I'm surprised neither Roxas or Xion ever asked Axel how they collected hearts before they came along. I mean it's the Organizations primary objective in Days and KHII, and since they're the newest members that just joined one must ask what they did before they got a Keyblade wielder in their ranks. It would be funny if Xemnas was putting pressure on Vexen to make a Keyblade wielder before they got Roxas and they all failed, leaving the the Org to do not much of anything but sit around until Roxas is born lol.

That sounds like the club of very sad and lonely people, perfect really :)

but to be honest Imagine vexen having build hundreds of xemnas clones trying to filter out the xehanort part in him

Days to me felt like one of those games with really cool ideas and lots of wasted potential so it would be pretty dope to see Square give it another chance on a platform that is not as limiting as the DS.

But in all honesty I feel like the game that really needs to get remake/revamp asap is UnionX. If they want its story to be relevant to the next saga, they cannot keep it in a mobile game. It's the same thing they did with FFXV's anime episodes and the movie and I pray they don't make the same mistake here.